Another Great Season Comes To A Close

As the days get shorter and the nights get longer, the time has finally come to put Kings Island to bed for the season. 2010 has been one of the most eventful seasons in Kings Island history, but all good things must come to an end.

Not only did we see fantastic additions such as Planet Snoopy and Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular, but we also saw the addition of some great new shows such as "Signed, Sealed, Delivered!," "Snoopy Rocks! On Ice!" and the revitalization of "Don't Stop the Music." The season didn't come without some calculated risks, such as making Halloween Haunt 'bloodier than ever' with the addition of the hugely popular Half-Pint Brawlers.

As much as Kings Island did on the entertainment front, they did equally as much to serve the community. Guests were invited to purchase a pink duck and chuck it into the fountain - which raised over $185,000 for the Susan G. Komen Foundation to fight breast cancer. We also saw the coaster enthusiasts' dream charity event as Coasting For Kids raised money at Kings Island by allowing participants to marathon-ride The Racer to raise money for Give the Kids the World camp in Kissimmee, FL.

While the first day in November is generally a sad day for all of us, let's not forget that if the park didn't close for the season there wouldn't be an opening day either. So the time has come to set your watches now because Kings Island will make its amazing returning on April 30, 2011, with the addition of the 301' WindSeeker!

A special thank you goes out to all of the KICentral members, Kings Island employees, friends and family that make 2010 a great year. Here's to many more!

Best Regards,

Ryan

I've said it before and I'll say it again, considering that this year was supposed to be pretty uneventful, it's been a pretty good one. This was my first year with a season pass, and it was great to see all of the things happening around the park week after week. Looking forward to WindSeeker next year (both at Cedar Point and Kings Island) I hope that next year will be as good as this one was.

• Like 1

There are several things I am looking forward to in 2011, seeing changes that the park has made in the off-season, riding WindSeeker, and of course, dropping 264 feet on my favorite ride in the park, and seeing the person working there. I am also anxiously awaiting to hear what SOB's status will be for next season.

• Like 1

Woah. Did you just propose to someone by inserting it into your signature?

No, it is just a bit of a joke me and fighting31irish made up yesterday. Just having some fun, nothing serious meant by it at all.

EDIT-There we go, now there is no confusion about my signature.

Woah. Did you just propose to someone by inserting it into your signature?

I know we have had a few relationships start on KIC, but that is Awesome. Next question is Erin a member here?

For the sake of my KIC name and reputation, I hope not.

You never know. Many people often lurk and never post! In fact, just last night someone was at the final rides of The Beast claiming how much fun they had and that they`d only been into KI and amusement parks for a year. I`m not even sure if they have a screen name or post on here or not.

So pertaining to the opening of the park, any ideas on ERT rides? Do you think WindSeeker will be a ride included in the ERT where it's new? I know that this would most likely require the opening of BLSC, and Vortex as well as they would be right in the path the ERT'ers would take, but then again Thr Crypt is right between The Beast and Diamondback. I would love to see an addition to ERT, or vary up the rides on different days.

Posted from my iPhone!!!!

You never know. Many people often lurk and never post! In fact, just last night someone was at the final rides of The Beast claiming how much fun they had and that they`d only been into KI and amusement parks for a year. I`m not even sure if they have a screen name or post on here or not.

could have been me... i remember telling someone ive only been into thi kinda stuff for a year or so... but maybe not haha

I think it might have been you. Were you with a girl? I was the one wearing a blue fleece jacket with glasses. By all means, do not hesitate to be a stranger on these forums. There are people on here that have a wealth of knowledge to share about the amusement park industry and other fascinating things in general. (My area of expertise just happens to be architecture, Coney Island and the history of Coney and KI and the Cincinnati area in general)).

I think it might have been you. Were you with a girl? I was the one wearing a blue fleece jacket with glasses. By all means, do not hesitate to be a stranger on these forums. There are people on here that have a wealth of knowledge to share about the amusement park industry and other fascinating things in general. (My area of expertise just happens to be architecture, Coney Island and the history of Coney and KI and the Cincinnati area in general)).

You were the girl in the blue fleece jacket with glasses? Do not hesitate to be a stranger?

Sheesh! Proofread, my good man!

Terp, good friend of someone he likes to kid!

haha yes I was! that was me. haha ill guess next time ill have to show some affiliation with kic. its hard to match screennames with real faces!

haha yes I was! that was me. haha ill guess next time ill have to show some affiliation with kic. its hard to match screennames with real faces!

I am a fan of loudly blurting out KIC louder than normal and seeing who looks at me. I am pretty sure over half that train on The Beast was full of KIC'ers, including myself. I am also pretty sure that you rode in the very back, I actually skipped on the very back because I was gonna give it to someone who really wanted it, therefore you can thank me!