What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

Texas Giant is looking good...

tpr4_5.jpg

tpr5_3.jpg

I wonder how long it would take a coaster with epic size like SOB, to get re-tracked. Being the second longest wooden roller coaster and going to the utmost extreme in terms of height.

Texas Giant was around 5000 feet when it first opened, It was also a big wooden coaster. Here is what has happened to Texas Giant so far.

33_texas_giant_refurb_demo_october_31_tpr.png

The original Texas Giant had a height 143'(53 angle drop) and now it will be 153' (79 angle drop). If SOB did receive the Iron Horse track, I'm sure a lot of the ride would be re-profiled and some of the ride will be removed.

Texas Giant was around 5000 feet when it first opened, It was also a big wooden coaster. Here is what has happened to Texas Giant so far.

33_texas_giant_refurb_demo_october_31_tpr.png

The original Texas Giant had a height 143'(53 angle drop) and now it will be 153' (79 angle drop). If SOB did receive the Iron Horse track, I'm sure a lot of the ride would be re-profiled and some of the ride will be removed.

I am finding it hard to fathom a 218 foot power dive at an angle of 79 degrees, that would be quite the drop on a coaster. I would hope they would re-profile and replace the area where the loop once was and give us something like a bunny hill or a section of track that actually provided an element of thrill.

Today, I checked the Son of Beast wikipedia page and it said SBNO until 2011. Earlier it just said SBNO.

Today I checked the Kings Island wikipedia page and it said we were getting Wiggles World in 2011.

In other words, never, ever, ever trust Wikipedia. It can be (and is) edited by anyone and everyone. Nothing you read on there should be considered fact. Much of the website is well maintained, but opinions, rumors, and straight up lies make their way in. I could have edited the Son of Beast page myself to say it was the world's largest cucumber. It may not have lasted long, but I'm sure a few people would see it. The danger is when the editing sounds like it may be true. No one would believe Son of Beast was a cucumber, but if someone said it was made out of birch trees instead of fir trees, someone somewhere might write it on a report as such, or tell their friends that, and before you know it, it's what everyone thinks. The same can be said of the many, many times that someone on Wikipedia has decided Son of Beast is reopening.

As of this very second, based on the information we have publicly available, there are no plans to reopen it. Some folks out there may know otherwise. But, those who say don't know, and those who know don't say - their jobs & networks depend on it.

Also, welcome to KIC! :]

I love seeing people walking around aimlessly trying to find out how to ride, quote "That big ole wooden one." Maybe they should invest in the worlds biggest tarpolean and just put it over the whole track and on the outside put, coming soon. I have also noticed Flight Deck usually doesn't have as much of a crowd as it did when SOB was open. Occasionally you'll get a decent line, but other days it seems like it is always a walk on almost

Let's not bash WIki too much. It's a great way to find reliable sources, you know, if the idiots that post on their know how to cite. Anyway, If I could just get one more ride on SOB, just one more, as it is right now (excepte the trees that have overgrown on to the track and all other minor repairs) I'd be happy. If it never re-opens, it will burn me forever that I didn't cherish my last ride and took it for granted. :( I now ride every ride as if it were the last.

When it comes to rumors going through the rumor mill, I prefer to devote my reading of sometimes false rumors to Screamscape. Over half the time they are reliable when they post something and I choose to believe them over wikipedia.

Don't let the haters get you down, it was a legitimate post. However, just be aware that the typical ride associate at that level isn't involved in any major capital expenditure decision making or given any real privileged information such as that.

Only the atypical associates are. I for example was involved in much of the park expansion in 2005-2007. Craig Ross used to call me from the ride directly to his office to discuss future plans.

• Like 1

Over half the time they are reliable when they post something and I choose to believe them over wikipedia.

6 correct answers out of 10 is over half right.

Unfortunately, 60% is still failing.

Actually in a lot of schools today 60% is passing

What schools?

Over half the time they are reliable when they post something and I choose to believe them over wikipedia.

6 correct answers out of 10 is over half right.

Unfortunately, 60% is still failing.

Actually in a lot of schools today 60% is passing

What schools?

Where I work (an Indy School System) some classes go on the below scale.

90 A

80 B

70 C

60 D

59 F