What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

Few thoughts to throw out here. These are simply opinions nothing more. If the park has the funding to put in pavers they have the money to tear down SOB. I think they are both equally noticeable overall to the average park goer and neither are a neccessity. So to me tearing it down wasn't decided by the park. I do think Texas Giant will play a role if the reinvestment doesn't attract the crowds an entirely new ride does, then I doubt many parks will invest into redoing coasters. I think the best clue to what will happen to SOB will be found this summer in the que lines of NTG.

^ don't follow. What I'm saying is that putting in pavers is very expensive especially when ripping out what was there before. In my opinion and only in opinion the cost of that project would be similar to what tearing down SOB "could" cost. What does the TOS have to do with it. If for grammar and punctuation I apologize I'm posting from my phone. Just wanted to clarify what I implied.

You missed his point, the thing that was against the TOS was just using his Emoticon alone as a response to your post so GYK added the TOS sentence and the "Really?" as to not be in violation.

And if we need to go deeper into the short GYK post, he is just asking how do you draw your conclusion on money for pavers = money for demolition

Money is a finite commodity, particularly at Cedar Fair, but at any company, really. That which is spent for X cannot be spent for Y. So, you must either increase available cash (new revenues, asset sales, borrowings, stock sales) or you prioritize spending and don't spend as much as you would like. (Not unlike paying for Johnny's braces but not the Diesel jeans the youngun wants...or you tell him to get a job to pay for the jeans and then see if he still wants them). Cedar Fair has done quite a bit of both...

If the park has the funding to put in pavers they have the money to tear down SOB.

The capital expenditure decision for pavers was put into place, at least, 2 years ago.

The information given to us on SoB just over a year ago was that a decision was not made, and the park was looking into options. If work on SoB (dismantling or repair) already started in 2011, that would mean the capital expediture was approved in 2010 and the information the park provided was false (which they don't want to happen).

In a nutshell- the timeframe for a 2011 capital expenditure decision for SoB is not there.

I would expect a decision to be made & work to begin in 2012.

i have figured out what is going on with the map!

they removed all of the trees to hint that Son of Beast is being reopened with a new layout. the trees in the park will slowly be removed and turned into lumber so that they work can be done at a cheaper cost.

i cannot believe that someone else hadn't uncovered this earlier. :P

some big wooden ride that hasn't been marked on the park map last year and possibly this year.

But if they already agreed not to put it on the map, the decision has been made....

please tell me why it is taking them so long to put it on the website? AS THE OFFICIAL PARK MAP???? WHEN THEY PUT IT IN THE MATH AND SCIENCE DAY PACKETS THAT WAS APRIL FOOLS DAY SO PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW YOU KNOW THAT IT IS GOING TO BE CLOSED!?

some big wooden ride that hasn't been marked on the park map last year and possibly this year.

But if they already agreed not to put it on the map, the decision has been made....

please tell me why it is taking them so long to put it on the website? AS THE OFFICIAL PARK MAP???? WHEN THEY PUT IT IN THE MATH AND SCIENCE DAY PACKETS THAT WAS APRIL FOOLS DAY SO PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW YOU KNOW THAT IT IS GOING TO BE CLOSED!?

Terms of Service:

Spelling and grammar: You guys know how to write; I have no doubt about that. Please take the time to read over your posts before you post them to ensure that it's not confusing. This includes proper spelling, punctuation, and capitalization mainly. AND PLEASE DON'T YELL!...

http://www.KICentral...?showtopic=4128

The very first paragraph thereof....

Sigh

Calm down. Let's just take a breath, grab a drink of water, and relax.

Son of Beast is closed. They will not randomly say "we are opening it now". It takes time.

Calm down.

• Like 1

Calm down. Let's just take a breath, grab a drink of water, and relax.

Son of Beast is closed. They will not randomly say "we are opening it now". It takes time.

Calm down.

im calm now, but they haven't officially said it will be closed very few people really know what is its true fate.

all i what (IF it is open) is a apology from everyone who said it wont be open.