What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

I'm completely dumbfounded that we have gone through another operating season with no word whatsoever. Oh well.

There has been news:

http://news.cincinna...-next-Son-Beast

Yeah, but it doesn't change anything about the uncertainty over this. But seriously, it has been over two years. Are they even trying to make a decision?

Look at it this way- for SoB fans, there is a slight glimmer of hope that something can be done given that no decision has been made public yet (although IMO the ride is done).

Also- Drachen Fire at BGW stood for 3 years before being dismantled and Blue Streak (1938) at CLP was SBNO for 3 years before operating again in 2010.

• Like 1

That would be pretty cool to auction off pieces. I'd sure try to get something. That is if the termites don't get to it first! :P

Termites wouldn't want anything to do with that wood!

GYK, not making a joke about Son of Beast being a bad ride.

Yes I do, since it has not run since 2009, I just don't see them making a big deal to anyone about removing a major coaster. If the situation was different than maybe, but sadly it not.

Here what I think will happen Sonny will be taken down in the off-season to make room for a new coaster, that will highlight the Action Zone revamp that is due.

I see what your saying. If they did take it down, it would be sad. but maybe there is a chance they will take it down this off season and announce something new in its place for 2013 . The only thing about that though, is the cost to take it down, plus the cost of a new rollercoaster or new area. thats a lot to spend at one time.