What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

I think last years prop did mean something. I dont think it meant anything would be done this year. I think it just meant they were lookin at 3 options is all. I dont think this years prop means that it will open next year either, just that it will reopen at some point and not be demolished. I think it may have been a subtle way of saying its not dead yet is all. And I dont believe my theory 100%, in fact I still think the odds of it getting torn down are just as likely.

So you think that CF is actually placing Halloween props in the park hinting at what they are going to do with SOB?

I think you are being dooped by some entertainment employees having fun with Halloween props.

i don't think that much thought has gone into the props. too many details would filter down to hourly employees who would leak out info. I think there is no connection between the overall direction they take with SOB and the props.

as a side note. Don Helbig has the record still for The Racer doesn't he? Here is an idea for "fact finding", "record breaking", and "Safety Research." Have Don saddle himself onto SOB and start riding. It shouldn't take too long, but before long- you would have:

• a ridership record that likely will never be broken
  • comfort level experience to determine where rough spots are
  • safety research for future options.

if all else fails they would uncover a third major incident and have irrefutable evidence of why it should or shouldn't be torn down.

They could also contact one of their former "affiliates"- MTV and bring the Jacka## boys here to do all sorts of ridership testing to it.

I think there's some marketing potential here. Anyone with me?

I dont believe necessarily that they mean something about the rides fate, although its at least possible they could. I will say that I believe 100%, that whoever came up with the idea for them did so to make you wonder if it has something to do with SOB's fate.

Since this is the Sob topic, I'd just like to say yesterday I noticed Son of Beast is on the 2009 park map they show in the Diamondback video in the Diamondback queue line. Also, I got a shirt yesterday for 5 bucks that says "Wish you were here... Kings Island, Ohio" that has the same 2009 park map as the background. As soon as I saw it I snatched it up! Still miss the old-style park map.

Guest rcfreak339

Knowing KI's last patch ups on SOB they might just use this type of glue and use a paint roller to put it on....

ELSU11.JPG

6TT8U9

Now that Vortex and Diamondbacks trains are off track for winter rehab, maybe SOB's trains will get some winter rehab too.

(Including structure rehab for SOB) :D

Just laughed so hard. I need new pants. Brb.

What are you talking about HTCO? It only makes sense doesn't it?

For those that would like to understand if something is really happening with Son of Beast that hasn't been announced, I'd recommend using the Warren County Auditors site.

For example, http://www.co.warren.oh.us/auditor/property_search/memos.asp?account_nbr=1202233 this link was the place where I first saw the words "Wave Pool" that turned out to be the Soak City update for 2012 - and also shows other updates that have been made in the recent past.

And, http://www.co.warren.oh.us/recorder/search/parceldisplay.asp?parcelnum=1617200013&searchtype=Parcel&startdisplay=&datebeg=&enddisplay=&dateend= this link has a new item that appeared this week which provides notice of the commencement of the activities with a bunch of vendors for the work on Soak City

Is it perfect - no, as I can't really point to a construction for Diamondback in the second link (the first link used to reference "Rivertown Coaster"), but it can be interesting at times.

Son of Beast is probably just now going to sit for the winter as we probably will here nothing of it over the winter.

If an announcement is made it will be once winter is over. If an announcement happens at all. So for everyone

whom wants to spread unheard rumors, KI has not announced anything and when they or Cedar Fair says anything

we will most likely know because something this long and anticipated would most likely be made a public announcement.

• Like 1

I would tend to believe that Cedar Fair won't announce anything regarding SOB until they have researched if it would be worth the expense of rehabbing it and if they did, would the ride be as or even less popular. Even then, would it still have problems regarding the smoothness of the ride. I would expect that Cedar Fair would also consider it would be better to design a new wooden roller coaster that would be a record setter woody without having the same baggage that SOB brings. Either way the park will not just tear down the ride without doing an extensive study before deciding what will replace it.

Son of Beast is probably just now going to sit for the winter as we probably will here nothing of it over the winter.

If an announcement is made it will be once winter is over. If an announcement happens at all. So for everyone

whom wants to spread unheard rumors, KI has not announced anything and when they or Cedar Fair says anything

we will most likely know because something this long and anticipated would most likely be made a public announcement.

So since you won't be spending your time spreading "unheard rumors" this winter, will you be learning some basic grammar?

• Like 4

So since you won't be spending your time spreading "unheard rumors" this winter, will you be learning some basic grammar?

Dear Grammar Patrol,

You're missing a comma after the word 'so'.

Regards,

Me ;-)

• Like 3

I find this post very ironic and sort of hypocritical, or a slight case of two faced, maybe a mood swing? A change of plans? I can never tell with people these days. What if Cedar Fair already made an announcement and we never knew? No, that's impossible, no one here "doesn't know" about announcements that may change our lives forever. Oh the possibilities are endless.

• Like 1

I really liked Son of Beast in its' original layout with the loop. The new transition was lacking and I'm not really sure what else could have been done there. However, I did like the newer trains over the older ones. Whatever is done with it, I'm sure it will be in the best interest for KI.

The park can still make money off of this thing. Just charge to have guests names and addresses carved into a piece of the Son of Beast. And if I may make a suggestion, if this ride really does finally go......Don't sob over it. The ride really isn't worth the tears. ( Unless you happen to be riding it. )