What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

And when you think about Ouimet's focus on family entertainment and the simple fact that some can be more pleased by a family ride than what is a million-dollar chance.

True, but what about the money still owed on SOB. If it is removed next week, how much longer will CF be paying for it with no return for the park That to me would have to be swaying on his mind heavily before calling in the wrecking ball. A decision that is best for the park, the guests, and the shareholders is one that is probably going to take more time. Studies and data are probably still being collected and evaluated from vendors and probably still being sent to CF for them to make the final decision. Although I hate to see it sit there SBNO, the best decision right now may be no decision.

I really hope that Son of Beast re-opens, what the people were saying about the ride being "too rough" is unbelievable. It is a wooden hyper coaster, and it's the only one of its kind. People need to understand that a wooden hyper coaster is going to be rough, and that is how its meant to be. Whether or not the woman in 2009 was actually injured will always be a mystery but in my opinion I believe that the best decision would be to give it the texas giant treatment, because they have already invested so much money into the ride and so many fans of the ride are behind not tearing it down. As cool as it would be to see a new huge coaster there, SOB is part of The Beast tradition and an Icon to KI. Everyone that's walking around Action Zone always ask "Wheres the line for the big wooden coaster?"

True, but what about the money still owed on SOB. If it is removed next week, how much longer will CF be paying for it with no return for the park

Money is still owed on SoB?

I didn't know either that there was money owed on SOB besides lawsuit stuff which I know was settled.

So both of you think that the original cost and rebuild loans are paid off?

I hope to ride it again as well. If not, I'd like to see another record breaker of some kind (and not one that gets owned by another coaster in the same year (DB vs. 305)) :rolleyes: ...

Ok. As promised. Last one, folks:

(No sons of beasts were harmed in the making of any of these videos.)

• Like 11

Awesome video. That SOB replacement is MASSIVE...I'd estimate it's over 400+ feet tall, based on how it appears compared to the 218' SOB...so much for Diamondback, eh? :P

At 0:32 in the video, a sign at the lower left of the screen advertises "Timber Tantrum" as 1,250 feet tall.

^,^^,^^^,^^^^,^^^^^ ^_^ Thanks! (The "Timber Tantrum" has been a dream of mine since I first played RCT1... I don't think science will ever stack wood that high in my lifetime, though LOL).

Driving by the park this morning. The sleeping giant, rising out of the icy treetops, still looks like it could wake up again soon. I've seen the park's changing skyline for years (the number of which I'm not ready to admit), and I just can't imagine the park without SOB - or any new giant - anchoring the northwest side of the park.

I hope to ride it again as well. If not, I'd like to see another record breaker of some kind (and not one that gets owned by another coaster in the same year (DB vs. 305)) :rolleyes: ...

Ok. As promised. Last one, folks:

(No sons of beasts were harmed in the making of any of these videos.)

That is too funny!

• Like 1

I really hope that Son of Beast re-opens, what the people were saying about the ride being "too rough" is unbelievable.

No it's completely understandable, even the audio spiel before you boarded the ride warned you that it was "rough," "turbulent" and "forceful."

It is a wooden hyper coaster, and it's the only one of its kind.

Probably for a good reason. Being the "only of your kind" doesn't mean something is good. See: TRTR/Crypt

but in my opinion I believe that the best decision would be to give it the texas giant treatment, because they have already invested so much money into the ride

Why invest more? I believe Browntggr labeled it best: "money pit."

and so many fans of the ride are behind not tearing it down.

A handful of people on KIC don't necessarily make up the opinions of the general public or reflect what the best business decisions are for the company.

an Icon to KI.

Probably not because of its hyper coaster attributes.

• 3 weeks later...

Popular KI attraction? I never see any line for it. Maybe they have to call all the attractions popular.

I remember they did the same thing with the Crypt. Even though there was never a huge line, they still said it was one of the more popular attractions. I give kudos to Kings Island for being optimistic in negative situations.