What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

I could see Son of Beast starting to come down at the end of the season. It might be a lot cheaper to take it down now than fix it.

I saw that last year in June, both times I was there, the second visit I saw more and more pieces coming down, I believe it was my second visit when I actually saw a piece slip from the track is half on and half off of.

Remove SOB. Overgrown wooden coasters creep me out. Going to the Louisville Convention Center kills me because of the weeds growing through the tracks of the coasters at KK. I don't care if they do nothing with the space yet; just remove it. Or take a weed whacker to it all season.

Where can I find pics of Kentucky Kingdom's abandonment?

I know (almost know) for sure that Son of Beast is NOT collapsing at all.... BUT

It is not an operating woodie which therefore leaves it to not be fully maintained. KI keeps it cleaned up, and standing but does NOT preform

regular daily observations and maintenence like rides such as Adventure Express, Diamondback, etc.

Quite amazing how your the only person to come on here and say you saw SOB collapse.

I believe IF Sonny were collapsing KI would do something about it.

If it's what I'm thinking of, the park would tweet for everyone to grab a lawn chair, a cold glass of lemonade and meet them in the parking lot to partake in the demolition ceremony.

Also, didn't we have an argument last summer about support pieces falling off the track and people attempting to confirm the bogus claims just from riding Adventure Express?

Quite amazing how your the only person to come on here and say you saw SOB collapse.

I believe IF Sonny were collapsing KI would do something about it.

well heres what i want YOU to do, on your next visit to KI, ride flight deck, and when your passing the part of the ride where it swings out toward the pathway, look up at SoB's track, and tell me if you dont see any pieces laying on the tracks. i quite frankly dont care what anyone says here, i know what i saw and thats all tht matters.

I highly doubt Son of Beast is slowly collapsing.

This summer meet me at Kings Island, I'll take you to flight deck, then we leave that ride, i will have you look at SoB's supports on the track.

Wow man, your quite annoying.

wow man, I don't care what you think :3

I saw that last year in June, both times I was there, the second visit I saw more and more pieces coming down, I believe it was my second visit when I actually saw a piece slip from the track is half on and half off of.

At the speed you're going on FD(max speed 51 mph), while on that real sharp turn, while your car is swaying on the track, and your peripheral vision is somewhat blocked by the over-the-shoulder restraints, I can't really believe that you saw supports on the SoB track.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

At the speed you're going on FD(max speed 51 mph), while on that real sharp turn, while your car is swaying on the track, and your peripheral vision is somewhat blocked by the over-the-shoulder restraints, I can't really believe that you saw supports on the SoB track.

I just read this thread, and I think what the kid is talking about is when you're not on the ride, when you are leaving the area, at the point of the ride where the turn happens. Kid is hallucinating .

As has been pointed out here, almost all of us went through that c0cky pre-teen phase that the poster in question appears to be undergoing right now. Part of that phase for many people includes being absolutely sure of yourself even when you contradict facts or logic, being absolutely sure that you know way more than adults, and feeling that any attention is good attention (as evidenced by the poster's hairstyle choices in the past).

Mix those with the anonymity of the internet and voila...

It's no different than the fodder you'll find on the park's Facebook, with people misinforming each other in circles, propagating rumors, and insulting anyone who dares question why their friend of a friend of a friend would know about the 500 foot coaster coming in 2013. Truly fruitless to correct or even become involved in that.

• Like 1

I never got to ride Son of Beast but I would love to ride it and I think that Kings Island is either going to tear it down for a wing coaster in 2013 or They are going to replace it with steel tracks

If you never got to ride SoB then you really did miss out, and I say this because even if it re-opens and you ride it, you still did not get to ride Son of Beast. Son of Beast was at it's finest in my opinion when the loop was present and the old trains were used on it. Sometimes they were uncomfortable but overall I felt that the ride experience was much better with the old trains and the loop. Do not get me wrong, it is still an alright coaster, and if it does re-open I will be glad to ride it, but to me Son of Beast died out when they refurbished it.

Why did they take the loop out.. I mean I no the big accident on the first hill but of watched videos of it and the loop has no effect on first hill. Was the loop rough ??

I believe they took the loop out because of the new trains, hopefully someone else can come in here to back me up on that or correct me. As for the loop being rough, the loop was by far the smoothest part of the ride, it was also one of the best loops I have ever been through, at the peak of it I could have sworn time stood still and you got some serious hang time.

• Like 1

Why did they take the loop out.. I mean I no the big accident on the first hill but of watched videos of it and the loop has no effect on first hill. Was the loop rough ??

Based on what I've been told, I believe that it was determined that the 2006 accident was caused in part by heavy trains. In order to switch to lighter trains, they had to take the loop out because the lighter trains would not have had enough momentum to get through the loop. Someone with better knowledge of what went down can confirm or correct me.

I too never got the chance to ride SOB, pre- or post-loop, so my personal preference would be for it to be re-opened in some form so I can ride it at least once. That said, at this point I'll be happy just to have a decision made.

• Like 1