What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

Not a popular opinion, but I would like to see a controlled demolition, and I think it would be awesome to push the button. That thing was wrong from day one and it needs to go. Beast on the other hand-that thing is running the best I have seen since opening year. Wow.

That'd be a pretty cool PR stunt. I'll never forget the implosion of Riverfront Stadium.

... only if it can be for a "Paramount Movie"

I wish that Kings Island would actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS DANG (have to keep it appropriate) COASTER! If they tore down then so be it! If they use it for some Texas Giant treatment, then so be it!! I am tried of seeing a thread this long of people saying the same darn thing! If they did something about the ride then mods can CLOSE THIS THREAD and delete it from the face of the Earth!!!!!!!! I don't care what happens to it....... I just want something to happen so we can move on with our lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant has come to an end.

• Like 1

My question is, though, if there was a controlled demolition, wouldn't some of Son of Beast's structure collapse on itself (for example, the rosebowl, the other small helix (after what was the loop) and the twisted track after the small helix?

Yes it would, hence the term "Controlled Demolition".

• Like 1

Yes it would, hence the term "Controlled Demolition".

Ok, thanks. I asked because I thought it would be a problem if the track collapsed on itself during demolition; but the more I thought about, I realized it wouldn't matter how the ride fell so long as it was destroyed.

So wait - you are saying it isn't dead, it's only SBNO, which assuming you have inside information means its going to reopen, with a new loop, and ...

Just pointing out that you can read almost anything into the most basic comment.

As for closing the thread, Do you remember the days when SoB threads were closed/magically disappeared? I wonder what we could interpret from the fact that that no longer happens?

• Like 3

Why can't you all just appreciate what KI and Cedar Fair has done for us already this year for the 40th Anniversary and years past building up KI to this point? Don't you think that they are aware of the Big Elephant in the Middle of the Theme Park? I truly believe they have great plans to either use this space wisely or refurbish the SOB in due time. Even in Que Lines this past weekend I heard people's whopper of a story about the poor Coaster and it's FATE and believe you/me....people's imaginations aren't that far off from what I'm reading here. Yes...I miss the SOB like everyone else. It had it's ups and downs and good and the ugly...but there is NOTHING we can do about it. You're beating a dead horse!

Let's just all get along and quit worrying about what we can't change. Let's focus on the good that Cedar Fair is doing with our Sister Park up North. Maybe we'll be next with good news in the weeks to come.