What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

Not to mention that if the above posters were close personal friends of Cedar Fair management as they hint at, they most certainly will find those friendships severed if they share insider information like that. They would be sacrificing their friend's job by even remotely hinting at that information.

Also, does anyone notice that the story switched from Mccarthy recieving a tell-all email from Kings Island guest relations, to a candid and personal share of information with some high-up management at the company? Interesting...

Not to mention that if the above posters were close personal friends of Cedar Fair management as they hint at, they most certainly will find those friendships severed if they share insider information like that. They would be sacrificing their friend's job by even remotely hinting at that information.

Also, does anyone notice that the story switched from Mccarthy recieving a tell-all email from Kings Island guest relations, to a candid and personal share of information with some high-up management at the company? Interesting...

That is very odd that he would switch his story so much in so little time :rolleyes:

But mccarthysnerd was just suspended from KIC anyway

i really hope they do re-open SOB. i was only tall enough to ride the ride the year it was closed, i rode it the week before.

it is very rough, but honestly, i don't see how it has caused so many problems.?

the only part where i can see it being bad & causing injuries is on the double helix.

they need to do something with it, because it just sitting there with nothing being done or no one taking care of it,

is making it in worse shape, & will make it that much more expensive with whatever they choose to do with it.

but i hope they keep it i love it.!

I am mccarthysnerd and me and Son of Beast do have something in common
Too bad only one of you is SBNO.

Really? Isn't this more than a little harsh and at least borderline cyber-bullying? I'm not saying that what Mccarthy said is true or not true but there's no need to attack in such a manner.

Yes, really.

If someone is willing to make outragous claims, back it up, or be prepared for criticism.

If criticism is now considered "cyber bullying" I am most certainly gulity.

If you consider using a enthuiast term, on an enthusiast site, "cyber bullying" I am also guilty.

And finally, if you consider that to be bullying, life in the real World will certainly come as quite a shock to you.

-Brown whose community status update on KIC profile page has been SBNO since March 19, 2010. :)

• Like 1

I had a small dream. Some of the track was being removed from the lift hill, and most of the queue line was being removed. I had ANOTHER dream, (yes, 2 SOB dreams in the same night) that most of the wood supports of the ride were removed, but the track was still up. Wierd. Even my dreams are leading SOB to its doom.

Well, according to KI-ORIG-EMP, any sort of diversion is completely unheard of, and not allowed whatsoever. I think it's odd that Don would release something to mccarthysnerd, yet not give the same answer to someone else.
I am mccarthysnerd and me and Son of Beast do have something in common, something that does make it possible for me to be told things by certain people of certain power over Kings Island and Cedar Fair concerning Son of Beast. Thats all I'm going to say.

This has to be the silliest thing I have ever read, changing your story is not the way to get people convinced you are telling the truth. In fact, it does quite the opposite.

I have been informed by a well respected source that The Racer will be torn down and a new, state of the art merry go round and horse shoe pit will go in its place. I have no reason to why so why should I reveal my source? Maybe when users choose to ignore the TOS that said they must reveal any source of that they claim as fact, then they should be warned and any penalty be enforced. Regardless of who the official might be, they are not going to reveal confidential plans to a stranger that emails them asking, "hey, why are you taking so long in coming to a decision of SOB and what do you plan on doing with it?" Just like in the military, future plans are classified and any and all information is restricted until it is decided to release the future plans to the public in the form of a press release.

The Racer torn down?

I have been informed by a well respected source that The Racer will be torn down and a new, state of the art merry go round and horse shoe pit will go in its place. I have no reason to why so why should I reveal my source? Maybe when users choose to ignore the TOS that said they must reveal any source of that they claim as fact, then they should be warned and any penalty be enforced. Regardless of who the official might be, they are not going to reveal confidential plans to a stranger that emails them asking, "hey, why are you taking so long in coming to a decision of SOB and what do you plan on doing with it?" Just like in the military, future plans are classified and any and all information is restricted until it is decided to release the future plans to the public in the form of a press release.

The Racer torn down?

There simply is not enough clearance for the horse shoe pits, per NHPA rule II sec. B 10, with The Racer in the way. That is why the blue Racer hasn't been running, they were testing on that side for the proper pit clearance. Also why The Racer did not get big publicity for it's 40th anniversary, or a new paint job.

Have you not seen Stuart Sipma around Coney Mall this year? I've seen him twice, both times with a hard hat and tape measure.

The Racer torn down?

There simply is not enough clearance for the horse shoe pits, per NHPA rule II sec. B 10, with The Racer in the way. That is why the blue Racer hasn't been running, they were testing on that side for the proper pit clearance. Also why The Racer did not get big publicity for it's 40th anniversary, or a new paint job.

Have you not seen Stuart Sipma around Coney Mall this year? I've seen him twice, both times with a hard hat and tape measure.

Why would thay tear it down?And the blue side has been running alot more this season.

Relax. Racer is not being torn down!

It was sarcasm, making fun of a poster who is no longer allowed to grace us with his presents, since he told unsubstantiated stories of Son of Beast's future, claiming inside knowledge, but refusing to reveal his source, in violation of the Terms of Service.

I am mccarthysnerd and me and Son of Beast do have something in common
Too bad only one of you is SBNO.
Really? Isn't this more than a little harsh and at least borderline cyber-bullying? I'm not saying that what Mccarthy said is true or not true but there's no need to attack in such a manner.
Yes, really. If someone is willing to make outragous claims, back it up, or be prepared for criticism. If criticism is now considered "cyber bullying" I am most certainly gulity. If you consider using a enthuiast term, on an enthusiast site, "cyber bullying" I am also guilty. And finally, if you consider that to be bullying, life in the real World will certainly come as quite a shock to you. -Brown whose community status update on KIC profile page has been SBNO since March 19, 2010. :)

Perhaps you didn't intend the message to come across as the way I took it. To me when you said it's too bad only one of you is SBNO to me that implies that too bad only one of you is in a vegetative state. There's criticism like how KIfan1980 addressed it and there's what you said which at least seemed as a much deeper insult. Criticism should be constructive and not humor at another's expense that's one of the foundations of bullying. BTW I'm 32yo and far from a spring chicken or even a summer one. I've simply seen the aftermath of when people get attacked with and without warrant, it's the same reason I stay far away from (T)oilet (P)aper ®esidue. I have no intention to keep this line of discussion ongoing as it has nothing to do with the topic in which you have clearly stated your feelings about page after page for years now. If you would like to continue this conversation please feel free to message me I'll be happy to respond.

In regards to the topic I do hope that Mccarthy was right in that there will be a decision made before the 2013 season starts. At least let their be some boards removed or added so we could have something a bit more solid to speculate upon.

• Like 3

At least let their be some boards removed or added so we could have something a bit more solid to speculate upon.

I'm waiting on Don to read that comment, go up SOB's lift hill with a scrap from a 2-by-4, a few nails, and a hammer, and nail the board to the railing on the lift hill. I can only imagine how this thread will explode if he does that.

• Like 1

IDK if this is really the right topic for this, but IDK where else to put it. I was at Carowinds this week, sporting my classy Beast T-shirt, and one of the locals asked me in line for Hurler, "Hey, isn't The Beast the one that had a loop, but they had to take it out when it got stuck at the top and someone fell out?"

I chose to tell them the truth, that no coaster fitting that description has ever existed at Kings Island, but that the Son of Beast was a wooden coaster, which did have a loop that was later removed after retrofitting the ride with new trains. I also informed them that nobody has ever died on a roller coaster at Kings Island (unless you count the guy who had an aneurism on Firehawk, but even he died after getting off, and the ride likely had nothing to do with it - article here http://www.daytondai...=rss_local-news ).

In short, I think it's time to accept that we will likely need to say our goodbyes to Son of Beast. When it's hurting the daddy's reputation, that's when it is becoming a serious issue to the park. Beast is one of the most special things about Kings Island, and ol' Sonny is scaring people away from it.

• Like 3