What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

Another fun rumor about this... A coworker told me tonight that Son of Beast will be torn down and that KI will be getting a new coaster in its place for 2015. I don't know where he heard that though.

this sounds pretty true except 2015!? Kings Island wont wait that long

They've waited this long...

If you put a timeline out, say they announce the SOB is being dismantled this fall. Will take until 2013 to complete that. Would be 2014 at the absolute earliest to have a new ride open.

Doing a major refurb would be 2014 as well, as just redoing the track isn't going to completely change the "ride experience". Would have to be some major structural changes made as well.

Another fun rumor about this... A coworker told me tonight that Son of Beast will be torn down and that KI will be getting a new coaster in its place for 2015. I don't know where he heard that though.

this sounds pretty true except 2015!? Kings Island wont wait that long

They've waited this long...

If you put a timeline out, say they announce the SOB is being dismantled this fall. Will take until 2013 to complete that. Would be 2014 at the absolute earliest to have a new ride open.

Doing a major refurb would be 2014 as well, as just redoing the track isn't going to completely change the "ride experience". Would have to be some major structural changes made as well.

true.. Could Kings Island make a new part of the park like add a new area possibly or will they build the new coaster in the Action Zone area?

In these forums, I have found that we often go back and forth between two main perspectives. One is that of a park visitor. The other is more of an operational perspective. Often the latter is used to create a reality check for the former.

I can understand the reasons why or why not Kings Island may or may not get a large coaster (or other attraction). However, that doesn't stop me from thinking that Kings Island needs something new and exciting sooner rather than later.

Technically, some things have come before 2015.

2009-Diamondback

2010-Penn Station (just kidding, Planet Snoopy)

2011-WindSeeker and Dinosaurs Alive!

2012-Complete rebranding of the waterpark and a new wavepool.

I think we'll get something during the next 3 years!

I don't want to sound like I know anything for sure, but I bet we will get at least a flat thrill ride (meaning not a roller coaster) before 2015. In my opinion, this is what we need before a big roller coaster. Although, anything could happen and we could even get a new coaster next year. No one knows.

What's the last thrilling flat we got? I don't think WindSeeker is all that thrilling. It's fun, but not thrilling. So would it be Delirium in 2003?

Yep. You're right. We need Skyhawk at CP. It looks really fun, but I've never been on it.

Skyhawk is my favorite flat and I would love for KI to get a screamin swing. My friends and I say that Skyhawk always delivers and they're aren't many rides I can ride 7-8 times in a row and not get bored with.

I believe someone once said that as well, having it fly over the midway, however what would happen with DB?

If you put it far enough over it should be out of the way of DB's hill, right?

If you put it over where the actual Crypt ride is, and place it so it swings towards Rivertown, I think it would be out of the way.

Maybe it could be "Return of the Crypt", where it's back and it's taking it's revenge on the old crypt...instead, this time, it spins not once, not twice, but a grand total of THREE times upside down, while the rest of the time you swing up and down, while staring at a black wall! I think it sounds amazing, and it would also cut down on the cost of extra themeing.