What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

King Cobra didn't really have an excessive amount of issues. At least, not compared to Bat, Crypt, or Son of Beast.

When Togo closed King Cobra had no more replacement parts for breakdowns.

And then there's that whole "inferior steel" issue we're all forgetting...? :huh:

• Like 1

I think it would be great to see a more up to date stand up coaster in the park. I don't understand why we haven't had one since King Cobra was taken down, seeing as it was a very very popular ride.

I was lucky enough to just reach the height to ride it the year before it closed down and was taken apart.

1980s: "Anyone who's anyone has a suspended coaster."

1990s: "Anyone who's anyone has a stand-up coaster."

1990s: "Anyone who's anyone has an inverted roller coaster."

2000s: "Anyone who's anyone has a record breaker*."

2010s: "Anyone who's anyone has a hypercoaster."

2020s: "Anyone who's anyone has...?"

* "Tallest, fastest looping blue** roller coaster in the Midwest for fifteen consecutive years!"

** with orange rails

2020s: "Anyone who's anyone has...?"

* "Tallest, fastest looping blue** roller coaster in the Midwest for fifteen consecutive years!"

** with orange rails

2020s: "Anyone who's anyone has a suspended standup looping record breaking hypercoaster!

• Like 3

I think it would be cool if Kings Island Installed a B&M floorless roller coaster. Every time I go on vacation to Dorney Park or this year Kings Dominion, I have really enjoyed them and think they would be great at Cedar Point or Kings Island. We haven't had one in Ohio since Dominator left. What's also nice about them is most of them aren't that tall so I'm sure they cannot cost too much.

• Like 1

Because they are no longer in demand. Stand ups were very popular, at the time, but were more of a gimmick that lacked lasting appeal.

That is exactly it in a nutshell.

Stand-ups are/ were a gimmick. Most are not the most comfortable, are not desired, but still have a big price tag.

The industry loves fads, because that is what guests want. The last new stand-up was way back in '99 speaks volumes.

http://www.rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&nm=na&de=7&page=1&order=-10

I'm a guy, but I LOVED Banshee Mantis! The trick with them is you stand shorter than they are, then stand up to full height after the restraints have locked in. Works like a charm!

Speaking of mantis I'm going later this summer and was wondering if it's hard on your knees?

^Ahhh, but what if you're athiest!

And if you don't want your "assets" to be hurt, do what I mentioned:

I'm a guy, but I LOVED Banshee Mantis! The trick with them is you stand shorter than they are, then stand up to full height after the restraints have locked in. Works like a charm!