What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

Funny thing that on July 4, 2007 SOB reopened, and if your telling us somthing is going to happen on a Wednesday!! Well July 4, is on a Wednesday.. But I think that I putting too much thought into this :)

Jesus would have to perform another miracle for this to happen on July 4, 2012.

It IS Jeebusfest this weekend, after all. He might just stick around until Weds...

Could be Him, or, could be HIM.

captainchaos.jpg

• Like 1

To touch on a couple of things, when he said "a wednesday" I'm pretty sure he was just joking around, but we'll know for sure by the following thursday.

If rust on steel was a sign of impending collapse, there are some residents in Kenwood and driving down I-71 that need to get out of dodge.

Unless you're standing next to the structure, you have no idea how warped the wood actually is (if its warped at all)

If I was in the final stages of negotiating a deal to perform maintance or demolition of SOB's structure, I'd likely have a crew of my own employees, on my own dime, walk the site to check for things that could affect our final bid number. If, and I'll say that's a pretty big if, people were seen "working" on SOB, they could have been mearly inspecting the structure/track to gauge their future work on that ride. That same inspection could raise or lower their price significantly enough to for King's Island to further delay their next decision on SOB.

Mother nature is most often not the best demolition crew. Mother Nature may destroy something, but it rarely cares about where the destroyed structure lands or what kind of destruction those falling pieces do. The destruction is the easy part, its the clean up that is costly. Only a controled demolition will allow for the cheapest cleanup and re-use of the materials in the ride possible. Well that or hiring David Blaine to just make it dissapear.

• Like 2

Guys, the poster said "a" Wednesday. Not "this" Wednesday. There's about 52 Wednesdays in the year.

Yes. He also did not specify a year, so that creates even more chances for him to be right. Also note the :P at the end of that statement. There's no harm in a little wild guessing; in fact, I'm going to state my wild guess that SOB's future will be announced at 2:00 pm on a Tuesday. That's just something I pulled out of my @$$ and does not mean that I have inside information or know anything you guys don't; I'm just having fun, like Picard is.

Wait a minute! Brian claimed he already knew what was going on, why is he asking Kings Island? He already has all the answers.

Are you that brain dead? I was asking about the announcement, not what they are going to do with SOB. Might want to process what you read just a tad longer before making a comment.

Wait a minute! Brian claimed he already knew what was going on, why is he asking Kings Island? He already has all the answers.

Are you that brain dead? I was asking about the announcement, not what they are going to do with SOB. Might want to process what you read just a tad longer before making a comment.

000-1007162622-pot_kettle.jpg

When and if they ever announce what SOB's fate is... there will be a 50,000 post thread complaining about whatever the decision is.

That is rather conservative.... :)

Imagine all the: "terrible decision, I'm never going to KI again" on their FB page.

When and if they ever announce what SOB's fate is... there will be a 50,000 post thread complaining about whatever the decision is.

That is rather conservative.... :)

Imagine all the: "terrible decision, I'm never going to KI again" on their FB page.

If they announce that Son of Beast will never operate again, the park's Facebook would be FLOODED with people saying they'd never visit Kings Island again... The same people who have been visiting for the past three years, even knowing that it would not run on their visits... That's the kind of people we're dealing with.

• Like 1

I've seen a lot of people on the Save Son of Beast page label the park as liars and say they would never visit again so the park would loose money. However seeing how many people visit the park, I'd say that the "haters" are in the minority.

22508404.jpg

• Like 2

22508404.jpg

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg