What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

lol, i just joined this forum and noticed the reply count! there couldnt be anything said that hasnt been said that hasnt been said! I believe everyone checks this post just to see if the day has finally arrived with big news!!! And im sure thats been said as well so im moving on now!!

lol, i just joined this forum and noticed the reply count! there couldnt be anything said that hasnt been said that hasnt been said! I believe everyone checks this post just to see if the day has finally arrived with big news!!! And im sure

thats been said as well so im moving on now!!

There ARE things that could be said that have not yet been said as the company wants them unsaid until the time of saying...or of leaking...which is probably why so few know what currently is the predicted future, which itself could still change right up to the what is to become present and then past.

Terp, known for...intuiting, interpreting, explaining and even the occasional well meaning subterfuge.

I could see Son of Beast starting to come down at the end of the season. It might be a lot cheaper to take it down now than fix it.

You would be surprised, dare I say shocked, on how fast SoB could be up and running.

I have mentioned this in the past (how could you miss it in 53 pages???? :P ) a local wood coaster (with the ENTIRE park) sat for a number of years literally untouched. This coaster is MUCH, MUCH older than SoB and was up and running within a couple months with donated money (less than $70,000 if memory serves) and still operates today. The biggest issue at start-up; finding a motor for the lift.

http://www.rcdb.com/249.htm

Which is not to say that coaster runs anything like what it did in its heyday. Sadly, it does not.

In addition, that coaster was well engineered, built to commonly accepted methods and construction techniques. It was not the tallest wooden coaster ever built when it debuted. The park did not take over the general contractor role during construction. The park did not sue the first contractor for deficiencies and get a judgment. The coaster did not suffer a major collapse during construction. And Conneaut's GM did not say the ride was closed, even though cleared by the state to operate, as he was unhappy with the ride experience.

• Like 1

You guys are right, The coaster has been cleared for safety in 2009. It is now the parks choice of they are comfortable with how the ride operates. If they are, then it would only rake a couple of months to get it running, including testing.

If I were them, I would put a very strong warning message at the entrance if they reopen it saying how fierce and rough the ride is.

The thing that really shouted, Im not opening again!, was when they took the sign down and changed the queue for SoB. That alone would not be easy to fix if they wanted to reopen it.

...If I were them, I would put a very strong warning message at the entrance if they reopen it saying how fierce and rough the ride is....

The irony is that would set the park up for this unfortunate exchange in court with a lawyer representing an allegedly injured plaintiff:

Lawyer: Isn't it true that the park, which had superior knowledge of rides and safety knew that it was operating such an unusually dangerous and aggressive ride that it felt the need to post an unusual, graphically descriptive warning, but STILL chose to operate this Son of Beast ride anyway?

If you weren't concerned about a higher than normal potential for injury or death, just why did you post this very unusual sign?

Posting that sign shows the park knew this was an abnormally dangerous ride with potential to injure the average rider, isn't that so?

And yet you recklessly CHOSE to run a ride that even you thought required these types of warnings?

...If I were them, I would put a very strong warning message at the entrance if they reopen it saying how fierce and rough the ride is....

The irony is that would set the park up for this unfortunate exchange in court with a lawyer representing an allegedly injured plaintiff:

Lawyer: Isn't it true that the park, which had superior knowledge of rides and safety knew that it was operating such an unusually dangerous and aggressive ride that it felt the need to post an unusual, graphically descriptive warning, but STILL chose to operate this Son of Beast ride anyway?

If you weren't concerned about a higher than normal potential for injury or death, just why did you post this very unusual sign?

Posting that sign shows the park knew this was an abnormally dangerous ride with potential to injure the average rider, isn't that so?

And yet you recklessly CHOSE to run a ride that even you thought required these types of warnings?

I see what you mean. The future just isnt bright for SoB.

I could see Son of Beast starting to come down at the end of the season. It might be a lot cheaper to take it down now than fix it.

You would be surprised, dare I say shocked, on how fast SoB could be up and running.

I have mentioned this in the past (how could you miss it in 53 pages???? :P ) a local wood coaster (with the ENTIRE park) sat for a number of years literally untouched. This coaster is MUCH, MUCH older than SoB and was up and running within a couple months with donated money (less than $70,000 if memory serves) and still operates today. The biggest issue at start-up; finding a motor for the lift.

http://www.rcdb.com/249.htm

SOB won't need a motor - all the people who posted here that want this coaster re-opened will either push or pull the darn train up the hill (and the huffing and puffing involved could get to the same volume levels as the motor/chain lift did!)

• Like 2

The noise was the anti-rollbacks. A part of the ride that functioned very well indeed. And in the early years, they were even louder than during the later years. Now, you can't hear them at all!

Well is that because the ride is SBNO or because we are all a bit older and the hearing is not what it used to be :)

The noise was the anti-rollbacks. A part of the ride that functioned very well indeed. And in the early years, they were even louder than during the later years. Now, you can't hear them at all!

Well is that because the ride is SBNO or because we are all a bit older and the hearing is not what it used to be :)

Yes.

Terp, who just HAD to.

I sit corrected (because I cannot stand too well these days)

You hear the anti-rollbacks on Son of Beast?

I understand. I see and hear in my mind many things that for others are unseen and unheard when I go to Kings Island, too. Memories.

Either that or you are hearing the also loud anti-rollbacks on Flight Deck (or perhaps in your mind's ear, Top Gun).

• Like 1