What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

Since I've never ridden it, could someone give me their viewpoint on something my cousin had talked to about at a party.

He was the one that told me never to ride it.

He said there was a lot of lateral sway that didn't feel right to him, more than what you'd expect from a coaster. He said it was more frightening than the last years of the Cyclone at Lesourdsville.

Could someone give me their experience of this?

Perhaps they can use the station because the station is sound, but not the ride, due to the construction of the track and supports not being sound.

I dont ever remember any lateral "sway" in the ride. I do remember the ride being rough and being thrown back and forth, side to side. The construction of the track is sound enough to keep the ride from collapsing (except for the time when it collapsed during construction, and the broken beam...)

Chances are, you both are referring to the same thing.

Yah, the lateral "side to side" thingy going on. As my cousin was speaking, he was making a swaying motion with his hands. His experience was that the track itself had that movement, not just the rider being tossed side to side by the motion of the cars.

Not a popular opinion, but I would like to see a controlled demolition, and I think it would be awesome to push the button. That thing was wrong from day one and it needs to go. Beast on the other hand-that thing is running the best I have seen since opening year. Wow.

• Like 1

Not a popular opinion, but I would like to see a controlled demolition, and I think it would be awesome to push the button. That thing was wrong from day one and it needs to go. Beast on the other hand-that thing is running the best I have seen since opening year. Wow.

Wish their was a dislike button for this post!

Just kidding! Its your own opinion!

• Like 1

That'd be a pretty cool PR stunt. I'll never forget the implosion of Riverfront Stadium.

• Like 3

^^It only took the good folks at Universal about a month to completely destroy Jaws the ride. That area was huge.

Looking at all the updates with pictures of the demolition, it is amazing how a water filled lake can be quickly changed into a sea of dirt.

• Like 1

If it were to be refurbed and/or changed significantly and reopened, many of the tear it down folk might try it again - and if accurate admit "even though I wanted/thought it would be torn down, they actually made it an ok/good ride".

Remind me again, except for just having a bad attitude, why would you be laughing?

• Like 1

My question is, though, if there was a controlled demolition, wouldn't some of Son of Beast's structure collapse on itself (for example, the rosebowl, the other small helix (after what was the loop) and the twisted track after the small helix?

I'm suprised nothing seemed to break when it hit ground.

It was already broke; which is why it hit the ground! ;)

Seriously though, these rides are engineered & built to withstand enormous amounts of pressure & not just "break". This is why it is funny for some to claim SoB is currently "falling" apart.