What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

nowhere did the park state that on april 1st the 2011 park map would be released. sure it could happen, but they've never released the seasons park map that far away from opening day, or at least from what i can remember.

Yes, on Facebook they said that it would be released "around April 1st."

This Friday is supposed to be park map release which means what SOB will be and Action Theater!

Do you really believe the release of the map will be the determining factor if SoB operates or not?

The map is not drawn to scale in more ways than one.....

Well you have to admit, if Son of Beast were to be put back on the map, it would definitely be an indication of it's future. I don't think they would put it back on the map if they weren't doing SOMETHING with it. Whether that means putting it on the map and writing " Look for a new and improved Son of Beast in 2012" or just putting it back on because it is reopening.

Well you have to admit, if Son of Beast were to be put back on the map, it would definitely be an indication of it's future. I don't think they would put it back on the map if they weren't doing SOMETHING with it. Whether that means putting it on the map and writing " Look for a new and improved Son of Beast in 2012" or just putting it back on because it is reopening.

that is very true to!

The 2011 map gives zero indication of SoB's status. Believing anything more is simply grasping at straws.

The map has been known to change mid season many times.

I would be surprised to see DA on the initial 2011 map since it will not open with the park. Then after May 26th, it will probably be on the map.

The park has said on numerous occaisions that when they have information on SoB's status, they will let us know.

well if it changes lets hope for the better!

i HATE how the park manger said if he doesn't feel comfortable on the ride he said he would like to keep it closed i think they let the people decided! have a vote at the park apirl 15th to decide what to do with it.

Some people already decided:

Wright said she would love to help Yanik win his case.

“All I ever wanted was the truth to come out and no one to ever be hurt again,” she said. “I am still fighting and I would love to offer any help or evidence. I feel their pain and suffering.”

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/dayton-news/last-son-of-beast-accident-case-going-to-trial-1109729.html

Quotes like this, especially in the environment of a injury settlement case give exact reasoning why Mr. Scheid made the comment about not being pleased with SoB's performance back in mid March 2010.

No, I completely agree. The people should vote! This is a democracy, after all. Safety, security, insurance rates, board members, park management, and common sense be darned! It does not matter if the ride is painful, ill-designed, ill-constructed, or just plain dangerous - we are Americans and we get to decide what we want! Anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly a communist.

Count me in the group that would enthusiastically vote for its re-opening, ride it once, then sue the pants off of Cedar Fair for knowingly opening a ride that has caused injuries before without a single thing done to improve the ride experience. Cha-ching.

No, I completely agree. The people should vote! This is a democracy, after all. Safety, security, insurance rates, board members, park management, and common sense be darned! It does not matter if the ride is painful, ill-designed, ill-constructed, or just plain dangerous - we are Americans and we get to decide what we want! Anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly a communist.

Count me in the group that would enthusiastically vote for its re-opening, ride it once, then sue the pants off of Cedar Fair for knowingly opening a ride that has caused injuries before without a single thing done to improve the ride experience. Cha-ching.

A little off topic, but we really are a Representative Republic and not a Democracy. Democracy is really mob rules, America has elective Representatives. Just a pet peeve of mine that I hear all the time, now back to the topic......

Not sure I agree with voting on whether or not to keep SOB, but I distinctly remember watching some coaster specials on tv referring to the days of old when woodies were not really that safe. I think it was the Crystal Beach Cyclone that had a full-time nurse on duty at the exit. And, it seemed that the more dangerous the coaster was, the more people wanted to ride them because it was a sort of bragging right to have survived riding said coasters. Just a thought.

Not sure I agree with voting on whether or not to keep SOB, but I distinctly remember watching some coaster specials on tv referring to the days of old when woodies were not really that safe. I think it was the Crystal Beach Cyclone that had a full-time nurse on duty at the exit. And, it seemed that the more dangerous the coaster was, the more people wanted to ride them because it was a sort of bragging right to have survived riding said coasters. Just a thought.

If a coaster had to have a nurse outside the exit these days there would also be mob of lawyers waiting there as well.

I would LOVE SOB to get the Rocky Mountain treatment! The New Texas Giant looks amazing and so smooth... Personally I think SOB has a very dull and boring layout. Can you imagine track like the Texas Giant has with just a nice lap bar? More airtime hills and insane banked turns? tunnels?

If I was in charge I would re do SOB for the 2012 season.... it would be a nice addition and fits in with the history of the park since it would be bringing back the Son of The Beast.

There has to be a reason why the ride is still standing....I mean come on if they were gonna tear it down don't you think they would have already of done that by now?

There has to be a reason why the ride is still standing....I mean come on if they were gonna tear it down don't you think they would have already of done that by now?

Or perhaps they have not yet worked into any given year's financial plans the setting aside the tremendous amount of money doubtlessly required to inspect & plan for, and collect & remove the debris after a potential Son of Beast demolition?

GYK, who can't say enough that demolishing it would seem to be a task near in scale to re-tracking it with steel... Scale... Not necessarily finances. I don't even have a stab in the dark to what that amount may look like.

I doubt the Son of Beast would get the treatment. It would be boring, unless they banked the helix at 114 degrees.

Who says they won't? There's nothing out there saying that they won't redo the ride and add crazy banked turns and completely change the layout. Heck, if Son of Beast does re-open, it may not be the same ride at all! ;)

I doubt the Son of Beast would get the treatment. It would be boring, unless they banked the helix at 114 degrees.

Who says they won't? There's nothing out there saying that they won't redo the ride and add crazy banked turns and completely change the layout. Heck, if Son of Beast does re-open, it may not be the same ride at all! ;)

Texas Giant was a once a good coaster. Then it became really rough, so they re-tracked it to make it what is used to be. Robb Alvey went into a huge thing about this. Son of Beast was never as good as the Texas Giant and it probably never will be. Like he also said, it's the structure that has failed. Re-tracking it wouldn't make a difference. I think some people hate to admit it, but there's not much the park can do.