What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

Guys, we need to stop feeding the trolls (as stated earlier, but there was such a large flame war I don't think anyone saw it!)

There is no resolution to this "fight". We are arguing over a bunch of pieces of wood. It is NOT a matter of life or death.

it is life or death for a ride or even a new pair of pants.

Rides can be replaced. In the grand scheme of life, no ride is worth a lifetime of pain...or worse. Lives, and limbs, cannot be so easily replaced. See my post above yours.

Safety first.

Safety always.

Safety all ways.

I'll start by saying I don't consider SoB214 a troll - he is not here just to disrupt these forums although he does have a lot of passion for the ride which comes off in a similar fashion at times.

That said, SoB214, if you want to be able to enjoy your hope in peace and believe what you want to believe (as you have posted you do), I'd recommend you don't continually antagonize others - which you have to know 'I think it might open' posts will. I, personally, think you need to try and take a rationale assessment of the situation and adjust your hopes down - some data:

• Park has said the ride will not run again until they are happy with it. No change to that statement indicates it is likely still not planned to run.
  • No work has been done to change the ride. Based upon the above statement, this also indicates it is likely still not planned to run.
  • Take a look at ALL the tweets, photo's, FB updates that KI has shared with us this offseason. No mention of SoB indicates it is likely still not planned to run.
  • Park has hired employees. I've seen people on here and FB reference being ride ops at many rides. None mentioned SoB which indicates it is likely still not planned to run.
  • I could go on, but don't feel like it

I'd love to ride The Bat, King Cobra, Son of Beast (with loop), and SoB (w/o loop) again. Unfortunately ...

That's why your earlier idea of having park visitors vote on if it should be open or not is so completely and utterly incomprehensible. Park visitors are not equipped to make the decisions that may cost the company millions upon millions of dollars.

This basically sums up the whole thread.

If KI's guests could decide how the park operated...

• Food prices would be reduced
  • Admission prices would be reduced
  • Drinks would be free
  • Parking would be free
  • Hours would be longer
  • Merchandise prices would be reduced

The park would close due to lack of money in days. Most of the general public and even enthusiasts really don't know how to operate a park, even if they think they do.

• Like 1

Odd, you just seemed to list the Holiday World method of operations...right down to listening to guest input, free drinks, free parking, lower admission, less expensive merchandise....you forgot free suntan lotion...and the matriarch of the park sweeping and cleaning....

Last I checked that park was doing very well indeed.

Yes. I work for a privately owned company (one of the few privately owned companies specializing in our trade) and it's really a blessing when it comes to decisions being made quickly and efficiently. Communication between our home office and districts is speedy, direct, and personal. There's also the opportunity to change things quickly without having to go through endless layers of corporate bureaucracy and mediation. The hiring process is also much more streamlined because the company is privately owned by the family who started it in the 1970's. Basically, our company bought two of its largest competitors, and the other filed for bankruptcy very recently. I truly believe that being privately-owned has afforded us many opportunities to one-up the others in our industry.

Cedar Fair doesn't have the same freedom. Let's not forget the "country club atmosphere."

On another point, I have to add that there is difference between listening to guests (which certainly, even Cedar Fair does to an extent) and giving guests decision-making power. When it comes to things like Son of Beast, sometimes the needs of the many must outweigh the wants of the few. Or maybe, the needs of the many that they don't even know that they need must do so. Is the ride safe? None of us can say for sure. But we do know that the people whose opinions matter are displeased with the ride. If they weren't displeased, it would be open. It's simple.

Start a petition to re-open Son of Beast. Gather 1,000,000 (that's one million) signatures by April 30th. I would still be 100% confident that it would be silent come opening day.

If you believe marijuana should be legalized, write to your representatives, campaign, and vote. That's fine. The government of the United States is run by representatives who vote for the needs of their constituents (in theory). Until a majority of the representatives vote that marijuana should be legalized, it will stay illegal, and you will not be allowed to use it.

Cedar Fair is not a democracy.

They don't need to give everyone a voice. And indeed, they don't. Son of Beast will remain closed until "they" decide to reopen it (or not!). I'm sure your opinion is much appreciated when directed to the right person in the right fashion, but it is certainly not a deal-breaker. And maybe they have the right idea... Certainly there are those who would blindly vote pro-/anti- marijuana/Son of Beast without having the full story, or being informed (see our discussion here, for example). If you give the decision-making power to a group, you must also trust that that group knows what they're talking about. In Son of Beast's case (and doubtlessly, many many others), they/we don't...

The weekend has passed, and two things are certain:

1) SoB's status has not changed

2) One specific poster's denial has not changed

But rest assured, combining Dinosaurs Alive! on the map & Easter on the calander, I'm sure there will be some type of SoB resurrection tie-in.

B)

But rest assured, combining Dinosaurs Alive! on the map & Easter on the calander, I'm sure there will be some type of SoB resurrection tie-in.

B)

nothing has been officially said it would be closed or open this year.

B)

And when it is said, you won't get to repeat it.

Isn't this official enough:

(It should be obvious what was added for emphasis)

Kings Island spokesman Don Helbig said "though I would like to have an exact date, it would be inappropriate to speculate on when exactly the ride may re-open."

He refused further comment and refused a request to interview a park official about the future of the Son of Beast.

http://news.cincinna...lears-Son-Beast

And yet at least one wonders why his comments were deleted from the park's Facebook wall...and his ability to post thereon apparently abridged. As said earlier, there could be many reasons for that...

I am reminded of the Billy Graham revival theme song:

Evidence

Evidence....Evidence....

It's amazing where some look to find it.

And yet at least one wonders why his comments were deleted from the park's Facebook wall...and his ability to post thereon apparently abridged.

And apparently his ability to post here has been abridged as well

• Group: Banned