What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

That poor horse. He died so long ago and people keep beating him like a drum.

And I thought this horse had been sent to the glue factory long ago.

Some of us didn't even know this was a horse. :lol:

Maybe because everyone kept beating it so much we couldn't tell what the heck it was anymore.

That poor horse. He died so long ago and people keep beating him like a drum.

And I thought this horse had been sent to the glue factory long ago.

Some of us didn't even know this was a horse. :lol:

With the name Son Of BEAST one would assume that it is some type of large beast of a creature not a horse :lol:

beat a dead horse

Definition:

To overuse or overdo something.

Context : Social LifeCategory: MetaphorSemantic: overdone, overused, repeat

Somewhere someone is laughing at this beast of a topic because the constant reaching for clues has made many look like a horse's behind.

Can Humpty Dumpty be put back together? It depends how much glue you have....

But all of the king's horses and all of the king's men may not be able to put Sonny back together again...

I think the statement "beating a dead horse" has been used so many times that your beating a dead horse by repeating it over and over. The topic of this thread is Son of Beast right? The park gives no info for 3 years and no one should speculate? It interests some of us, if it doesn't interest you, dont click the topic that has the words "Son of Beast"! Simple enough?

To be fair, it's been roughly 2 years and 3 months. And the thing that's ridiculous about the discussion is that it's seemingly coming from no where. In the last two years, Son of Beat's box has been removed, its entry has been removed, its station turned into a Haunt and its image taken off the map. Other then that, it has literally been collecting dust for two years. Yet somehow, people can still fill over 1,000 posts about something that's stagnant.

• Like 3

As for anything I've posted, it was mostly about the haunt prop, so it didnt really come from nowhere. The prop clearly shows that something busted out of that casket after being buried. That is simply the message I got when I saw it first-hand. And I didnt spend an hour nitpicking every detail. I saw it 4-5 minutes while in line, and thought, IF the park was going to drop us a clue, this would be it. I never said that it had anything to do with the coaster's fate. That prop was specifically designed to provoke thought. Why? Who knows, but it has definitely worked. You have several gravestones of rides that ARE gone and two that have caskets unearthed. Do a little research on the one nobody is talking about. At one point that coaster was announced to be demolished and people thought it was history (as many of you think SOB is also) and guess what someone bought it and are planning on reassembling it. It escaped the grave so to speak? The prop would lead you to think that SOB has also escaped its grave (casket askew, shackles empty, death date scratched out). Like I said they could be toying with us and it really has nothing to do with SOB's fate. But that IS what the prop's message is saying, its pretty blatant to me, you dont have to look "way too far into it". Just look at this one fact, they took the time to paint on a death date and then intentionally smudged it. That was done for a REASON. What other reason can you think of for doing that than to provoke thought?

The fact that its stagnant is why theres 1000 some posts. What I think is ridiculous is when people go to a thread to complain about people who are actually discussing the topic of the thread instead of retyping the same negative crap over and over. If the horse is so dead why do you still tune in to watch the beating?

• Like 2

Research? What coaster that currently has a tombstone at Kings Island was purchased by a buyer who has current, viable plans to reassemble it? And how do you know this?

Curious Terpy, who likes to ask meaningful questions (Hint: The answer Big Dipper would not be correct, according to publicly available information, not to be katty.)

The park gives no info for 3 years and no one should speculate?

Since you obviously did not read this article from April: http://news.cincinna...-next-Son-Beast

"No decision has been made concerning the ride's future," spokesman Don Helbig said. "It would be inappropriate to speculate on when a decision might be made.

"There's nothing else to talk about."

Simple Enough?

• Like 2

To be fair, it's been roughly 2 years and 3 months. And the thing that's ridiculous about the discussion is that it's seemingly coming from no where. In the last two years, Son of Beat's box has been removed, its entry has been removed, its station turned into a Haunt and its image taken off the map. Other then that, it has literally been collecting dust for two years. Yet somehow, people can still fill over 1,000 posts about something that's stagnant.

I think this post is evidence of what the park has given the long time/hardcore fans to be excited about since Diamondback. I mean, who's shocked that we don't have a huge thread discussing WindSeeker?

"No decision has been made concerning the ride's future," spokesman Don Helbig said. "It would be inappropriate to speculate on when a decision might be made.

Simple Enough?

Why would it be inappropriate for people on this site to speculate? Don Helbig isn't a moderator or admin on this site. So, no, it's not "simple enough." Last time I checked, this topic was in the "Rumors" section.

As for me, I believe that SOB's days are numbered. CF needs to cut their losses.

• Like 1

It would be innappropriate for him or any park staff to speculate. Terpster, yes I was referring to Big Dipper, saw the info on The Point website, near top of thread someone said it was to be demolished, than down further in the thread it said someone had purchased it and was putting it in storage until they found suitable land to put it on. Pretty sure it said it was a couple of members from Negative G? I know it may not be God's truth, but that all the info I know.

Simple Enough?

Wow Browntggrr. You don't seem like the type of person to take orders from someone else. :P I am no way trying to argue with you, for I see the point you are trying to make, but I also think you are stretching this quote a little.

I could be off here, but this quote is Don representing KI. In my opinion it reads more like "It would be inappropriate (for KI) to speculate on when a decision might be made. I do not see Don saying " It is inappropriate for KI enthusiasts to speculate on the future of SOB."

It would be nice to learn something this off season, but I guess we will wait and see!

• Like 2

Simple Enough?

Wow Browntggrr. You don't seem like the type of person to take orders from someone else. :P I am no way trying to argue with you, for I see the point you are trying to make, but I also think you are stretching this quote a little.

I could be off here, but this quote is Don representing KI. In my opinion it reads more like "It would be inappropriate (for KI) to speculate on when a decision might be made. I do not see Don saying " It is inappropriate for KI enthusiasts to speculate on the future of SOB."

I didn't stretch a thing, yet simply provided a quote Mr. Helbig made back in April in an article that somehow keeps being forgotten.

It is just ironic that Mr. Helbig used the same "speculation" term as a poster here.

Taking his quote and attempting to decipher (or adding to) what he meant is, undoubtedly, stretching it.

Like last year, the tombstone means nothing more than an attempt at humor. And just like last year while it can be fun, believing it has a serious hidden meaning is foolish.

Why KI has to make a decision anytime soon is still mind-boggling to me. SoB sitting there does not hurt anyone, and certainly does not take away from the enjoyment KI continues to deliver on a day-by-day or year-to-year basis.

Simple Enough?

Wow Browntggrr. You don't seem like the type of person to take orders from someone else. :P  I am no way trying to argue with you, for I see the point you are trying to make, but I also think you are stretching this quote a little.

I could be off here, but this quote is Don representing KI. In my opinion it reads more like  "It would be inappropriate (for KI) to speculate on when a decision might be made. I do not see Don saying " It is inappropriate for KI enthusiasts to speculate on the future of SOB."

I didn't stretch a thing, yet simply provided a quote Mr. Helbig made back in April in an article that somehow keeps being forgotten.

It is just ironic that Mr. Helbig used the same "speculation" term as a poster here.

Taking his quote and attempting to decipher (or adding to) what he meant is, undoubtedly, stretching it.

Like last year, the tombstone means nothing more than an attempt at humor.  And just like last year while it can be fun, believing it has a serious hidden meaning is foolish.

Why KI has to make a decision anytime soon is still mind-boggling to me.  SoB sitting there does not hurt anyone, and certainly does not take away from the enjoyment KI continues to deliver on a day-by-day or year-to-year basis.

You thinking that it doesn't have an underlying meaning is just as foolish as someone thinking it does. For the record I never said I believe it is anything serious for the rides future.And from the pictures I saw last year, those had way more of an underlying meaning because most people have no clue what those initials stood for unless your a coaster nut. And you cant say that last years didnt have any truth to it till you actually see what they do with SOB. Because that prop suggested 3 possible fates for the coaster. Just because none of them happened this year dont mean they wont happen. Just like this years prop, if it does hold any truth or meaning, dont meen it will happen next year either. This IS a topic about SOB in the RUMORS section. I really dont understand what bothers some of you so much about this. Start your own topic about SOB haters for all I care. I'm not gonna go keep posting that "your wrong man, everybody LOVES SOB" when thats what the topic you want to talk about. Lets go to Sea World and sit in the front row for the whale show, then sue the park cause we got wet. Jeez some of you kill me. How do you click on a thread that says "Whats next for Son of Beast?", then get on and WHINE about people who are discussing the POINT of the topic? Your wasting our time having to read through your negativity, and even more of our time to respond to you. Its EASY. DONT CLICK ON IT!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I'm all for hearing any ideas about the ride. But trying to tell people that ther idea is wrong when none of us really know is what bothers me. You cant say for a fact that I'm wrong unless you know for sure what is right. Just as I'm not saying I think I'm right, just a theory of what possibly may happen. If you look at the haunt prop and it doesn't make you wonder if there trying to hint around, thats cool with me. It made me wonder, I gave it some thought and posted what I think it means IF, and note I say IF, they were trying to hint at SOB's future. Even if they were just making humor, I still say thats what they want you to think. If someone was actually posting REALLITY on here then we would know for sure whats happening with SOB, thus no need to speculate about it on here. The PARK cant speculate at this time therefore we have no info so all we the fans can do IS speculate.

hammbone, how exactly do you know if browntggrr works for Kings Island or not? on top of that, how do you know that he doesn't know the future of Son of Beast?

lastly, how do you think asking a question about humpty dumpty, with a comical answer, is speculating about Son of Beast.

*as many of you know, Son of Beast is my number one coaster (wood or steel). just thought i'd point this out so no one thinks i'm an s.o.b. hater.

Somewhere someone is laughing at this beast of a topic because the constant reaching for clues has made many look like a horse's behind.

Can Humpty Dumpty be put back together?  It depends how much glue you have....

See, you are speculating yourself in that post sir. Which is the point of the thread. To speculate until we know. I enjoy it.

How about not regurgitation the same possible rumor over and over (hence the "beating a dead horse" comments).

The prop was there last year. It was discussed (beat to death) last year. What happened this year? Nada. It meant nothing then, and it's safe to say, it means the same thing now.

Which goes back to enthusiasts believing everything in the park has a hidden meaning, and everything (including decisions) done with the enthusiast in mind.

Yup, this is a rumor section. Every possible rumor has been discussed to the point most "rumors" are just either a poor attempt at grasping at straws or just plain fiction.

If there is some kind of new "rumor", great let's hear it. If it is about a Halloween prop, we have been there, done that, it is just a prop. That was confirmed this year when nothing happened. Believing it actually means something this year is just denying reality.

1st 2 questions, I dont know if he does or not, just going off the fact that he doesn't claim to know the future.

3rd question- he's speculating that humpty dumpty could be put back together with enough glue. But from what I remember all the kings horses and all the kings men couldnt do it?lol

3rd question- he's speculating that humpty dumpty could be put back together with enough glue. But from what I remember all the kings horses and all the kings men couldnt do it?lol

Maybe all the king's horses and all the king's men just didn't have enough glue?

I think last years prop did mean something. I dont think it meant anything would be done this year. I think it just meant they were lookin at 3 options is all. I dont think this years prop means that it will open next year either, just that it will reopen at some point and not be demolished. I think it may have been a subtle way of saying its not dead yet is all. And I dont believe my theory 100%, in fact I still think the odds of it getting torn down are just as likely.

As being a STRONG Son of Beast fan and enthusiast I don't see SOB being torn down but yet I could also be wrong.

I think SOB has a GOOD chance of reopening just as I have said before. I also think that by the clues KI has given us

towards its reopening have helped me develop this opinion. So as far as i'm concerned....

Son of Beast WILL MOST LIKELY OPERATE IN 2012 OR 2013 and if not then I was wrong and KI probably thought

about it even more financialy and being a safe structure and as I said most likely based on the clues and information given.