What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

Seeing how much money KI spent on fixing it and doing other stuff to it, i could see them getting rid of it. The money they spend on fixing it costs as much as Diamondback and Top Thrill Dragster combined.

That would be a cool 47 million but who's counting.... When the announcement was made that SOB would be closed for the 2010 season, it was said 30 million had been spent on the ride (still not even as much as Diamondback and Top Thrill). It cost 20 million to build. That leaves 10 million for repairs that have been done. But I could see how you could get 47 million and 10 million confused.

• Like 1

Seeing how much money KI spent on fixing it and doing other stuff to it, i could see them getting rid of it. The money they spend on fixing it costs as much as Diamondback and Top Thrill Dragster combined.

That would be a cool 47 million but who's counting.... When the announcement was made that SOB would be closed for the 2010 season, it was said 30 million had been spent on the ride (still not even as much as Diamondback and Top Thrill). It cost 20 million to build. That leaves 10 million for repairs that have been done. But I could see how you could get 47 million and 10 million confused.

You have to count the cost of the injurys too.

Given the $30 million already spent, combined with the $10 million spent on TG for the "rehab", another $7 million is not out that much more considering SoB is much larger (length & height) than TG.

Even without the TG treatment, SoB (initial cost & years of "fixes") is/ was one of the most expensive coasters in the World. Pouring more money into a product that will always have question marks (as well as blackmarks) just does not make financial sense.

Lots of Son of Beast cameos in tonights Ghost Hunter episode on KI, including an up close and personal shot of the trains, which are obviously out in the open. They even showed an almost full screen shot of the Son of Beast logo on the front of the blue train.

Ultimate geek moment for an SoB fan? Yes.

Ultimate PR tease? Absolutely :ph34r:

• Like 1

Those trains have been in the exact same spot for two seasons now. Whether or not they have been moved, or even taken to the shop is anybody's guess.

I had participated in the JDRF walk at Kings Island for the past few years now, which takes place in the spring. The walk involves using the service road that leads under SoB's lift, and yes, those trains have been in the same exact spot for the past two years.

If they really wanted to mess with people, they should have put a work crew in the background "working" on SOB while they were filming in that area. You think pictures of the cars get people talking, imagine if they had a handful of people doing pretend work in the background.

• Like 1

No matter what Kings Island does or says, it incites rumors about Son of Beast here.

When they talk about it; when they don't talk about it; when they show its trains on an unrelated TV show; when they don't show people working on it; when they don't mention it at shareholder meetings; when they don't put it on the map; when they don't move its trains... How does it all add up to Kings Island trying to tease people about Son of Beast? How its their silence all part of a fun game they're playing?

^ Because the Antique Cars aren't Son of Beast. Everything involving Son of Beast is a hint by Kings Island about Son of Beast.

I once Googled Son of Beast, and there were about 104,000,000 results. Clearly, that is the speed in millimeters per hour the ride will go once it is reopened. Plus, one plus four plus all those zeroes equals five, which means the ride will reopen in 2015. Don Helbig, you sly dog... You even got Google in on this.

(Cynicism aside, I do find it slightly strange they'd show anything related to SoB on the show. Even then, I think we're looking way too far into this.)

If they really wanted to mess with people, they should have put a work crew in the background "working" on SOB while they were filming in that area. You think pictures of the cars get people talking, imagine if they had a handful of people doing pretend work in the background.

Maybe one of the workers would be holding a blue print ... featuring what may or may not be a loop! ;)