What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

As much as everyone likes to talk about Son of Beast (including me) I wonder what Son of Beast thinks of this whole situation himself?

He might be hibernating or maybe he's just waiting on an answer from Cedar Fair and of course he's waiting on an answer from his father

whom abandoned him a couple seasons back and left him to rot.

• Like 1

Popular KI attraction? I never see any line for it. Maybe they have to call all the attractions popular.

I remember they did the same thing with the Crypt. Even though there was never a huge line, they still said it was one of the more popular attractions. I give kudos to Kings Island for being optimistic in negative situations.

They sure did! On the old website, I remember it saying something like "The Crypt, a favorite among guests, has given blah blah blah rides sense it opened in 2002".

Son of Beast blow out special in the shop's around the park, from toothpicks to commerative ornaments, and much more.

Own your piece of memories from the tallest, fastest, only looping Wooden Coaster.

No all jokes aside, I wish the president of Cedar Fair the boss, would rebuild rehab the son of the greatest wooden coaster.

But if not I've got to own part of what was a speical ride.

We shall see, time is gotta to be on the announcement side soon!

• Like 1

Son of Beast blow out special in the shop's around the park, from toothpicks to commerative ornaments, and much more.

Own your piece of memories from the tallest, fastest, only looping Wooden Coaster.

No all jokes aside, I wish the president of Cedar Fair the boss, would rebuild rehab the son of the greatest wooden coaster.

But if not I've got to own part of what was a speical ride.

We shall see, time is gotta to be on the announcement side soon!

I'd kill to see the president of Cedar Fair out there rebuilding the greatest wooden coaster (which as of 2012, according to a respected industry poll, is a bull of a ride in Jersey).

I very seriously tweeted at Kings Island with an offer to pay for a piece of Tomb Raider's Durga statue if and when the giant goddess is dismantled (likely by a wrecking ball). Thus far, I have not yet received a reply. If KingsIslandPR reads this, I hope they're aware that I'm dead serious, and would eternally in their favor for the opportunity.

If you some how end up buying it, can me and some friends come over too see a lost friend? And they should put a bid on it or something, instead of putting a wrecking ball through it, because it would make the park more money! I was making sad drawings of school of a wrecking ball hitting the goddess, and showing it to friends. It's kinda sad, and in the pic Durga is screaming "Nooooo!!!!!" and shall I add "Just sell me to goldyellowkorn182!"

I believe that the structure is physically part of the wall. I don't think it could be removed in one piece, and even if it could, you're talking about thousands of pounds of plaster or whatever it's made of. My hope is to somehow convince someone at Kings Island to give me a shard of it when it's inevitably cracked and obliterated off the wall.

I tweeted them:

But literally, how much do I have to pay for a fragment of the Hindu goddess on the wall of The Crypt? Really...

They said the following:

Haven't decided what we'll do with that.

I hope they know how deadly serious I am. It would be a part of Kings Island history, and a memento of my favorite attraction. It's not like there's much better to do with it... :\

If Kings Island were to "auction off" pieces of Kings Island history for a good cause, my "what I would pay" for the piece would be much different than if they simply said, "Give me a hundred dollars for it." Owning a piece of Kings Island history is a great thing. Would it hurt anyone to take an old bolt from The Beast, the a piece of The Crypt's goddess, and a wheel from one of the old Son of Beast trains? They could make a fair amount of money for a good cause.

If that weren't the case, I'd hope they'd at least say, "Just take it." It's not doing them any good, after all, so why shouldn't they give it to the fans?

But Son of Beast was never a "classic" coaster, or a celebrated one. It broke many world records, but was simply not met with much acclaim from any direction besides the park's marketing team. Even that has diminished to zero.

So would a roller coaster museum want to showcase a piece of wood from one of the bottom ten roller coasters on Earth for however many consecutive seasons?

Kings Island had lots of "biggest in the worlds." So far, two appear to be gone for good, and that's only in the past three years.

I think I have figured it out.

Remember how Kings Island was shown on the Ghost Hunters tv show, and they would keep showing Son of Beast?

What if Herbert Paul Schmeck somehow ended up a ghost inside of the park? He might be stuck there with unfinished business, unresolved since KI opened, relating to the idea to recreate his Wildcat that never went through.

Obviously Kings Island is going to fix Son of Beast with the help of the Schmeck ghost and turn it into the greatest roller coaster ever possible.