What`s next for Son of Beast?

fighting31irish

I'm sorry I'm jumping in kind of late. I always lurk in here. Made an account and forgot I had it.

I was just wondering if anyone noticed it had been taken of the list of roller coasters on the website?

Also, the debate at the beginning about employees having legit info, before I got a job there way back in the day I knew a lot of what was going on in Boomerang Bay before they released a lot.

Also, I think I hit the lottery on this one. I was waiting in line for Firehawk in 2007 when it broke down. I think it might of been during Fearfest, it was coldddd. There was a maintenance guy that was waiting for another guy to show up. He was standing there talking to us. And he said they were working on building this giant coaster that would be over the lake in Rivertown, and would go back into the woods by Tomb Raider. I thought "man, that sounds way too good to be true." He also told me and the group I was with that they were turning the backwards racer around, and I thought "they would never do that."

I will be darned if that guy didn't know what he was talking about. It blew my mind.

Son of Beast has been off of Kings Island's website since they changed it from the Paramount style to the Cedar Fair style... a little over a year ago already.

While I agree some people know what is going on (especially people in charge of keeping the rides maintained), I think the general consensus is the guy working the Dip and Dots stand doesn't know anything.

Has BLSC been open for past math and science days or has it always been closed?

Yes. Surprisingly, the Crypt has not been or would open later in the evenings while BLSC ran all day. Maybe they just forgot to put it on the list.

I bet they're opening the Crypt for the kids who would normally be in detention all day. "Yeah, you get to go to KI with the rest of the class, but you have to ride The Crypt." That kid won't act up anymore, no one wants to be punished with that.

If I were that kid, I'd go back and sit on the bus.

Son of Beast has been off of Kings Island's website since they changed it from the Paramount style to the Cedar Fair style... a little over a year ago already.

While I agree some people know what is going on (especially people in charge of keeping the rides maintained), I think the general consensus is the guy working the Dip and Dots stand doesn't know anything.

Haha. This is true.

I like coasters. Don't get me wrong, but seriously 15 pages of "rumors" about one coaster is kind of ridiculous. While I believe that everyone has a right to post what they want, I can't wait for the Son of Beast rumors to no longer exist. I liked riding it pre 2006, now I wouldn't care either way if it stayed or if it left. Just wish we wouldn't constantly come up with theories/rumors/ideas about Son of Beast and let the park make the decisions and let us know when it's time to know.

If you ran Kings Island and had the problem of SoB to deal with, wouldn't you try to avoid conversation and discussion about it?

I'd guess that the fact that posts about it are no longer being deleted indicates that the emotion and focus on it is finally slowing down, so they don't have to deal with it as much.

It also shows that the GP and enthusiasts alike are still interested in the fate of SOB. Does this mean that opening SOB would be favored over it's continued SBNO status and possible removal?

I for one would like to see KI start doing something with the ride, whether it be it's removal or reopening. Right now, it appears to be neglected and forgotten, although I am sure that in not the case. I am betting that they are waiting to get through WS construction first. This is a tough one for the park and my hat is off to them for having to make such a tough decision on the ride.

Neglected? Really?

The ride is closed due to safety concerns. And since that was announced, nothing else has happened, except, those who want to read into things rivaling National Enquirer.

I would be more concerned if they were actually maintaining the ride, only to tear it down later.

Neglected? Really?

The ride is closed due to safety concerns. And since that was announced, nothing else has happened, except, those who want to read into things rivaling National Enquirer.

I would be more concerned if they were actually maintaining the ride, only to tear it down later.

I said it "appears" to be neglected. I am referring to those people that come to the park once or twice a year and wonder why nothing is happening with it.

You and I understand why it is closed, but may not be the perception of the GP.

Neglected? Really?

I said it "appears" to be neglected. I am referring to those people that come to the park once or twice a year and wonder why nothing is happening with it.

You and I understand why it is closed, but may not be the perception of the GP.

From a GP perspective, the reaction is that it appears to be down rather than neglect.

"Neglect" gives the notion that the ride is falling apart, which it clearly is not.

Neglect to me is Chippewa Lake. But, its hard telling what the parks going to do. So much has been told about the coaster and it's a 50/50 chance that it's true or not. Do I believe it will get the Steel Treatment, not likely. It's really hard to tell. I mean how much have they done on the coaster already. What more can they do.

^ Getting the steel treatment is an out of touch reality experiment for SoB still being dreamed upon by SoB's hardcore enthusiasts.

Yes, TG is getting the "steel treatment". TG was also considered one of the best wood coasters at one time and has not had the numerous issues SoB has had (even though TG is 10 years older).

TG's layout is better than SoB's. TG's roi has also exceeded SoB's by such a large number, it is hard to guess what it could be.

Then the big question- will the same firm actually want to work on SoB? If the ride is still poor, or has another incident, that firm put their stamp of approval on their work and will have to answer to everyone else in their industry.

For the amount of money being spent on TG steel treatment, KI is better off dismanting SoB and constructing a new coaster.

Then the big question- will the same firm actually want to work on SoB? If the ride is still poor, or has another incident, that firm put their stamp of approval on their work and will have to answer to everyone else in their industry.

That's what I was getting at, it's not worth the money. Son of Beast has been closed so long, why would they spend millions of dollars that may not work. If anything it's the structure that would need to be fixed. But then that's more money wasted on something that isn't worth it. So it seems that the best bet is to bring it down.