Platinum Pass Instant Renewal ?

TopThrill

Carowinds had a renewal sale through their newsletter for a renewal near that price.

Kings Island's Platinum Passes have never been that inexpensive, though the gold ones were.

I think last fall I paid $150 or so for a KI Platinum Pass renewal.

Fall renewals always cost less than spring ones...and the price may go up again as the season nears/begins.

I believe that the answer to that question is yes. You will simply have to pay the difference between what you paid for your Gold Pass and what a Platinum Pass is currently selling for. As always, call/ask the park for official confirmation on that though.

I find the best way to renew your Platinum Pass is online with processing at Kings Dominion's opening day:lol: We didn't do automatic renew because it was more expensive.

My group also had several glitches processing and KD but staff was amazing. I complimented and thanked them all individually and gave a good report to the supervisor, who was also great.

David, hoping for another walk-on opening weekend next year!

So I'm going to be at Carowinds on Saturday, and I still have my KI Platinum Pass from last year. I know Friday is the first day for processing at KI, but it doesn't open til 4 and we'll be long gone by then. Are there ANY deals for renewal that I could get, lower than $165?

So I'm going to be at Carowinds on Saturday, and I still have my KI Platinum Pass from last year. I know Friday is the first day for processing at KI, but it doesn't open til 4 and we'll be long gone by then. Are there ANY deals for renewal that I could get, lower than $165?

No, 165 is the current price for renewal.

I got a gold pass for 2011 season, can I upgrade that to a platinum so I can go to Cedar Point?

Last year I had the same exact question and the sure fire answer is yes. I just went to KI on processing days and paid the difference, which I am wanting to say was around 70 dollars. Well worth every 70 extra dollars I spent.

I was able to secure a Platinum Pass renewal for KI back in the fall, for less than $150, but that was a special deal offered on a company buy out day, exclusively for that company buy out day. It shaved $25 off the price the Interpreter mentioned.

The buyout day I go to every year is typically the day to renew - Gold Passes have normally been $20 off the current price. That turned out to be less than $50 this year.

I had planned to upgrade to Platinum, but couldn't justify based on that price without firm trip plans.

What nobody's mentioned yet is that there doesn't seem to be a way to renew your pass even if you paid the renewal price online in December and printed it out. This means that, as it stands right now, every person who went with the Buy Now, Pay Later option will have no other choice but to process their pass at the park.

What nobody's mentioned yet is that there doesn't seem to be a way to renew your pass even if you paid the renewal price online in December and printed it out. This means that, as it stands right now, every person who went with the Buy Now, Pay Later option will have no other choice but to process their pass at the park.

If you have the print out then you just have to go to the park and get it processed. Is that what you are talking about?

If you have the print out then you just have to go to the park and get it processed. Is that what you are talking about?

Yes, that's what I mean. I just wish there was a way to put in your previous pass information and then put in the number on the barcode from the printout and be able to do it all online. I guess it's not a big deal, though. Hopefully I won't need one.

Yes, that's what I mean. I just wish there was a way to put in your previous pass information and then put in the number on the barcode from the printout and be able to do it all online. I guess it's not a big deal, though. Hopefully I won't need one.

If you have had a pass last year then all you had to do was go to the instant renewal section and enter the barcode, then pay the fee. As long as you have the printout with the bar code on it then you can get it processed at the park. If you do not want to wait in the processing line then you can get one entry into the park with the print out and then you can wait and spend the day in the park and process before you leave.

Now can I use it to park I wonder...

Unless something has changed since last year, yes.

Excellent! I'd really hate to pay for parking, even if I do get my money back later on. When I worked there they had a whole refund process for those coming into the park with their unprocessed parking pass for the first time--they had to pay! I commend Cedar Fair for making some great changes to the process. The pictures that were formerly printed on the passes were terrible, and the machines that did the printing were just as terrible and outdated. Not only do they have a better system now, but I'm sure they saved money--in spite of the fact that they bought brand new cameras for each picutre taking station. I think that the only thing that would give me any sort of concern is the fact that some people might be using the same pass this year that was issued in 2008. Those barcodes do become unreadable after a while, and after taking abuse. (And if you're currently abusing your barcode...STOP!) :D

Please help...

I have a 2011 Kings Island Platinum Pass (renewed online from 2010). My wife and son just got their Cedar Point platinum passes processed yesterday (long painful story why we use different parks).

So I have the three Platinum Passes, two CP and one KI. I called Kings Island today to try to do the right thing and verify that all three passes would work this Saturday and make sure that they will all work. The lady who helped me was able to verify that my pass is set (the KI one), but that the Cedar Point ones won't come up, "probably just because they are from a different park and we don't have their data". She said "you guys should be fine though".

It's been bugging me all afternoon and evening now. I am very worried that one of us is going to get a red X and will be forced to get in the daunting 2-4 hour process line. I don't live close to KI and this Saturday will probably be our only trip there, not to mention my wife made a special trip to CP just to avoid wasting hours in "that" line.

Questions:

1) What are the chances we get a red x? - The CP platinum passes will be 48 hours old when we attempt to use them at KI, is the information downloaded (or whatever) every night so that other-parks-passes register?

Most important question:

2) If I bring their vouchers (which I made copies of before they went to CP), their order receipts - which show confirmation payment has been "processed and accepted" and an order # - and photo ID's, will this be enough to still be allowed in, without delay, should the dreaded X come up when the platinum passes are scanned?