Hardest Ride at KI to Operate

benred23

Joe Cool's Dodgem School is clearly the most difficult... followed by Pigpen's and Peanuts Off Road Rally.

Would you like to tell us which dumpster is the hardest to operate?

Why, Rolling Dumpster, of course!

Terpy, who I bet you thought would never say THAT! :)

Duh Terp LOL.

Guest rcfreak339

^I don't believe so, besides learning how to work the harnesses properly. That op most likely will learn just like he or she learns other rides. (Which all require some sort of training)

Anyone want to back me up on this? I'm not for sure

Firehawk, definitely.

Agree, 100%

No offense to anyone..but what's so difficult about Firehawk besides that it's REALLY slow?

Don't Skyflyer ops have to do extra training?

Yes. Any operator of a skycoaster (the manufacturer's name for the product) does.

Each position requires an operator to have worked at that position for two hours under the supervision of a site controller, followed by an additional six hours of training at said position before he/she can move up to the next one. To become a site controller, an operator must be trained at all positions for the proper amount of time before taking a test provided by the manufacturer.

Firehawk really isn't that bad, and from what I've heard Skyflyer is hard. I've also heard DB is really easy because everything is automated. Flight of Fear isn't hard after the first few weeks (if you're super tall like me) - it's so low into the ground that after your first few weeks your back and legs kill until you get into shape :P but once you get trained at the main control panel it's super fun! My biggest pet peeve is the seat belts, NO ONE knows how to do them!

Wow Guys! This is awesome! Thanks for all the Info. Very Enlightening! Although I do have to ask, What is so hard about Firehawk? I would assume its all automated like all the other coasters and also, When it comes to Oldies like The Racer and The Beast, If memory serves me correctly, didnt the braking system for these coasters used to be Tires? Seems to me like I remember hearing the "Irrk" when the cars came to a stop.. I Could be mixing it up with The Screeching Eagle at the old Americana, but I thought it was The Racer and The Beast or maybe even both. Also, Kind of off topic, but since Im posting, Did The Beast used to be surrounded by water when it first opened? And if so, why was it removed and when?

Not being a ride op at KI myself: what difficulty does Thunder Alley rate?

I enjoyed working at DOT back in the Paramount years. Once you get the hang of the operation of the ride and dealing with idiots driving, it was fun. Altough standing out in the infield on a hot day blowing your whistle every 5 seconds at drivers wasn't always pleasent.

No offense to anyone..but what's so difficult about Firehawk besides that it's REALLY slow?

It's down half the time, idiots jumping into the lockout areas (yes, it happens), complaints about wait time, "I thought this was Flight of Fear!", people who refuse to use the lockers then complain when they lose their stuff, people who ignore the posted signs about loose articles and loose their stuff... etc.

I have noticed that everytime I ride Skyflyer, there is usually the same crew working the ride. I have seen a couple of new employees this year, but other than that, the same employees which tells me that they are good at what they do and most importantly, they can be trusted with such tasks that Skyflyer provides.

How about Boo Blasters, I mean come on, the people that have to load and unload the carts, they have to walk around that rotating platform all day, talk about a workout.

It's down half the time, idiots jumping into the lockout areas (yes, it happens), complaints about wait time, "I thought this was Flight of Fear!", people who refuse to use the lockers then complain when they lose their stuff, people who ignore the posted signs about loose articles and loose their stuff... etc.

So from what I'm getting from your statement is that the guests that ride are what is difficult to handle, not the operation of the ride.

Although not a ride op, I would say one of the hardest jobs in the park has to be the guy you pass after riding The Crypt...it's gotta be hard constantly saying "I'm sorry...i'm sorry...i'm sorry...i'm sorry...i'm sorry..." ;)

Funny Stuff!!!!

Perhaps next season they could hire someone to stand at the exit and describe what the Crypt USED to do when it was a cool ride!

I'd have to say phyisically Boo Blasters (rotating platform like Jasper said) or Beast having to bend over to check restraints.

Operational Wise-- Monster it is the only ride that has manual controls.

I would have to put White Water Canyon ahead of Boo Blasters as far as physicality. Because you're walking the platform just the same...except you have to endure the elements. Also, just guest stand-point.

^The original post was what ride is the most difficult to operate, not which ride is the hardest to work. If you want to talk about braving the elements, Skyflyer would again be at the top of my list. Very little shade and out in the sun all day long. In fact most of the flat rides offer very little shade for the employees unless the sun is directly overhead. WWC while yes they are out there walking on the moving platform in the sun, they also have other positions that sit in towers soak people with water cannons.

That's awesome! I wanna get drive trained at DB! Firehawk looks fun to drive too, but I think the funnest is FoF still, it's so fun to launch! If it's allowed, I could take a picture of our computer next April, and I do have a picture of the main control panel along with some other cool stuff, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it :/

That's awesome! I wanna get drive trained at DB! Firehawk looks fun to drive too, but I think the funnest is FoF still, it's so fun to launch! If it's allowed, I could take a picture of our computer next April, and I do have a picture of the main control panel along with some other cool stuff, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it :/

It just your typical Allen bradly Contraol Pannel lol. Ive seen what the Main Pannel of FOF looks like many of times. I have many more Pics Id love to show but thats just the Log in screen I don't see a prop with the log in screen beign showed. I know my limits what to post on hear and what not to lol.

Those are far more complex than anything we have at Coney. Of course, at Coney we do not care about capacity either. In fact, we only have opening and closing sheets that get filled out daily. Obviously, as a rides manager, I have more paperwork to deal with too, especially since Coney operates the rides ticket booth and famous fairways mini golf, both of which require employees to be trained in cash handling.