Major changes for I305?

Gee, I wonder if that is why Mr. Terpy heard that thing calling his name?

Nah, he wouldn't.

Or would he?

Anywho, it was running splendidly Sunday, was much improved over its second week. The new restraints are far superior to the hard ones that were on the ride when it opened (like Maverick). And the braking (gee, I hope daretofly is not reading this) greatly IMproved the ride. It was tolerable...in fact, it was a good solid ride...which is far more than I would say for it in the early season.

As a raging Son of Beast fan, this strikes more fear into my heart than anything i have seen in a while. I really hope this doesnt have anything to do with the former www.sonofbeast.com forwarding to the I305 website... These puzzle pieces fit together too nicely. SoB gone. I305 in? just putting some pieces of info together... :(

I really have no idea what to expect. Maybe making a turn like Millennium Force? I hope so, but I kinda doubt it. But than again, why else would they be removing (or changing) the hill? I kinda hope they lower the hill so there will be more airtime and the rest of the the ride will be taken faster. This whole thing was a huge surprise, I bet Kings Dominion won't say anything about it.

Cedar Point also posted a picture on their Twitter account after Millennium Force won the election day poll over Top Thrill Dragster. Their Twitter said that this picture is TTD's concession speech.

3.jpg

Have not fear, this was only a joke, this is an old construction pic.

Guest rcfreak339

How is it weird?

Like Terpy said some of us have seen this coming since the ride first opened. Y ou simply cannot have a turn that makes people black out every single time they ride it, it's unsafe. I also bet Kings Dominion was a little upset about the trim brakes being added, I don't think they wanted to but Intamin said it would be for the best.

Intamin will probably change something major in the design.

I started wondering why that first turn wasn;t banked when I first saw the press release. My friend said it best, "I was so busy trying to regain consciousness that I didn't even notice the ride." This man is a true ride warrior so if it spoiled his ride, I'm sure the first turn is too intense. On a later ride he greyed out much less and said it was one of the most amazing rides of his life.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard it was moving to Kings Island for 2011. B)

Im happy with Diamondback thank you lol. Good one :P.

I305 is a good ride put it pulled some Gs. I Rode it opeing day and went back to ride it again in August to try out the new Restraints it was a much enjoyble ride.

Imho it's pretty sad that a new coaster has required so many changes in its first year of life. New restraints, addition of a trim, and now this? Sounds a heck of a lot more extreme than the removal of the section of track on Maverick. Something tells me we won't be seeing very many Intamin additions at many Cedar Fair parks in the future...

Also, they did not ADD trims to it. They moved the trims from the air time hill to the drop.

73020_1693470856644_1233960516_1888424_7349634_n.jpg

Photo credit.

Yes, they moved the ones from the airtime hill to the drop... And I wager a few extra feet of brakes were moved from the manufacturing plant to the drop, as well. The trims on the drop appear to cover a good third of the hill, at least. Just eyeballing it, that would have to be around 100 feet worth of trims - enough to change the top speed from 93 to 78. That's about a fifteen mile per hour decrease (pretty substantial) so just thinking aloud, if the trims were only moved (and none added) from the airtime hill, then that airtime hill would've seen a speed decrease of fifteen miles per hour. That doesn't seem to have been the case...

I could be wrong, and I don't have any idea how valid my point may be. But it seems to me that there was a relocation and an addition, because that fifteen miles per hour is noticeable on the first drop, so it would've been really apparent on that airtime hill (which, according to many sources, it was not).