WindSeeker Construction is underway

Colonel_SoB_fan

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't know what changes will be made to the midway, I'm assuming the trees were removed in order to bring in the equipment and parts necessary for construction. Rather than risk a potential collision, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they removed the trees for constructability issues, but intend on replacing them.

We'll see...

Saw the photo on Twitter today. Look at it this way, we could be doing what CP is doing and dis-mantling a ride to make room for it. I think I will sacrifice a few trees for that. I wonder if they are going to go overboard with the amount of queue lines or leave it at a reasonable amount.

Different they. Flying Eagles moved because the park manager at the time, being transferred to Carowinds, wanted to take the ride with him...and he did, too. That was Paramount. Cedar Fair cannot be blamed for that one.

In typical CF fashion, trees were cut down.

Much like Cedar Fair can't be blamed for cutting trees down. Remember IJST, and TRTR?

Luckily, do to new advances in science and technology, researchers have discovered that trees can actually grow back.

But only if a strange small, round, rock-like object is placed into the dirt (gross, I know) and cared for.

That's the only problem I have. Diamondback's splashdown has made Rivertown into an open plaza with a concrete pool in the center. Now, if they had planted dozens of pine trees and birches and maples around the lagoon, I wouldn't mind. But there are like, five or six dogwoods. Twenty years from now, that will still be nothing more than an open plaza with a few little trees around it, whereas planting just a few more trees of various types a year ago would guarantee that it would one day return to its dense forested feel.

Cedar Fair has improved markedly from its former feelings towards atmosphere and landscaping, but there's still quite a ways to go... They're going in the right direction. But if they buy 100 baby oak trees and plant them around Diamondback, The Crypt, Planet Snoopy, and most importantly Boomerang Bay and Action Zone, the park will look beautiful 10 - 15 years down the road. That sort of foresight and care would mean a lot!

Oh, been to Knoebel's?

Or heard about how Beast was rerouted in the field to avoid certain trees?

Nope, have not been there. Yes, I have heard about the re routing of Beast, but that was a coaster that had the flexability. This is a flat ride that requires a certain size footprint and has no flexability. The only thing that could be different is if it was placed where trees were not alreaady there. At least that is all I can think of on a location.

If you want more rides trees have to be sacriced no way around it.

There's no way around removing trees which weren't in the way of anything?

Just taking a stab here, but I am guessing they had to go to get construction equipment in? I could be wrong, bur don't think they would spend the money to remove them if not necessary.

Oh, been to Knoebel's?

Or heard about how Beast was rerouted in the field to avoid certain trees?

Nope, have not been there. Yes, I have heard about the re routing of Beast, but that was a coaster that had the flexability. This is a flat ride that requires a certain size footprint and has no flexability. The only thing that could be different is if it was placed where trees were not alreaady there. At least that is all I can think of on a location.

The point you're missing is that yes, trees must be removed.

And yes, they can be re-introduced once construction is complete. All too often, under Paramount, Cedar Fair, Six Flags, Universal, Disney, Merlin, et al, they are not. That's a shame.