WindSeeker Construction is underway

Colonel_SoB_fan

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there is more room over where the dome was,so I would guess that the ride would be where laser tag was, then the queue would wrap behind the bathrooms, to that area where the construction picture was taken. I guess we shall see soon enough, when more substantial construction begins!

Hopefully those restrooms back there receive some TLC as well. In fact, in general I think some of KI`s restrooms could use some sprucing up. Not necessarily new fixtures and such, but some of the counter tops around the sinks look like they have been untouched since the early 90`s or before. I even witnessed some restrooms that had broken tiles on the backsplashes, etc. Not a lot of tiles, just one or two. But still, it is all about image. I mean, when was the last time that new restrooms were built at KI? 2004 with the expansion of Boomerang Bay saw some new restrooms, but as far as the dry side of the park, I have no clue.

I'm hoping they'll put the Dyson Blade dryers (like in the restrooms by DB) in all the restrooms.

The amount of paper towels used is ridiculous!

Maybe it would make up for the tree murders some people seem upset about.

HTCO, thanks for the pic..... 'cause twitter is EVIL!!!

Conspiracy theory here but last summer the park seemed to hardly have any of the glasses for Action Theater when I was there...we had to wait for a girl to bring a half filled tray of them. Thats not what I am used to...and it wasn't even a busy day. Why didn't the park order more glasses if they knew they needed them AND Action Theater was still a concern?

When they announced WindSeeker why didn't they say near the entrance of Action Theater instead of Vortex's exit?

I am wondering if they are just going to close Action Theater and leave Urgent Scare in it and possibly build a special entrance to it like they did around Viking Fury.

Well, when I was there they always had glasses, so maybe that was just a one time occurence for you.

That's good to know...it really was odd when we were there...I am used to some full trays sitting around...we stood there until a girl came in with a messily half filled tray. Maybe someone was sick that day! :)

If only 5@5 still existed....

I STILL miss that so much...but let's face it, we still may not have got a straight answer.

Well, when I was there they always had glasses, so maybe that was just a one time occurence for you.

That's good to know...it really was odd when we were there...I am used to some full trays sitting around...we stood there until a girl came in with a messily half filled tray. Maybe someone was sick that day! :)

If only 5@5 still existed....

I STILL miss that so much...but let's face it, we still may not have got a straight answer.

That is really weird that they didn't have enough ready, that they made you guys wait, so they could get a half full tray. Maybe they will order some new glasses this offseason, IF Action Theater remains open. You would think, that with them upgrading Coney Mall, and putting WindSeeker back there, they wouldn't want a closed ride back there, just sitting there.

I would say that that's proof enough that it won't be returning in the same form next year... They don't just get bored around November and decide to remove a single ride from the website in every form that it was present in. Likely, it'll either be closed, or a different film is coming and the height requirement has yet to be decided. I expect that the former is true, unfortunately. But come on... Removing it from the site, from the rider guide, from the height guide, etc. doesn't mean anything?

EDIT: For what it's worth, Carowinds' website is the only one that still mentions an Action Theater, and it still denotes it as being closed for 2010 to prepare for Haunt (in other words, their website has not been updated since the season ended).

WindSeeker and Action Theatre are both on the online park map.

Yes, but that's the 2010 map. They simply marked the future location of WindSeeker on it. And they did that the day that WindSeeker was announced. That won't be the map they used next year.

At one point in the "New for 2011" thread, the following post mentioned Jeff Gramke talking about an action theater exit path relocation. This would imply that it would remain.

Of course, I can't vouch for the validity of the statement and recognize that plans can change, etc., but I for one am hoping that they keep Action Theater open (even if it is still Sponge Bob) as my boys enjoy the ride/show.

Indeed. I'm sure the KI officals will tell the press there is no such thing and there never was a "Action Theatre" at Kings Island.

That makes two Haunt attractions, then, that would be needing a new home come next fall:

• Urgent Scare - Utilizes one side of, the queue line, and exit path of AT. People know how crowded it gets back there when the hospital that the Overlord built is open. Now that a new thrill ride will be erected three feet away from AT's entrance/exit, that makes for an even more crowded back half of Coney (potentially worse than X-Base Alley with FOF, 'Hawk, Death Row, and ToT). If AT doesn't come back next year (doubtful that it won't, though), that's a 3,000 square foot attraction in loving need of a home...although there's one spot I know of large enough to hold that attraction but would add even more headaches to X-Base that, frankly, aren't needed.
  • Wolf Pack - Invaded Son of Beast's station this past Haunting season. It's been up in the air since the beginning of the season on whether or not Sonny will open next year (after the SBNO announcement for this year), and this haunt is in the same boat. If SOB doesn't open, you can be sure that Wolf Pack stays in its current location. If SOB does open next year, that's a werewolf-infested attraction in loving need of a home...although the rumors of Club Blood moving to Death Row's spot back in the summer months had me thinking of the possibility of Wolf Pack replacing Trail of Terror, but that would make for one nasty X-Base with the four most popular attractions within a one-minute walking distance should US go in the spot I'm thinking of.

Well, Wolf Pack wasn't very good anyway, it almost seemed like an attraction they threw together with no thought at all. So if they did replace a different haunt attraction with Wolf Pack, then they better make it a huge improvement over last year!

Well is the early ride time for DB or The Beast going to be replaced by WindSeeker ?

Nope. (If you sign up for the Stocking Giveaway, you'll get this email with this link advertising the gold pass. And if you go on to read...

A 2011 SEASON PASS IS THE PERFECT GIFT IDEA FOR EVERYONE ON YOUR HOLIDAY LIST:

Kids and parents will love Planet Snoopy. Teens will scream all year long on thrill rides like Diamondback, The Beast and our newest skyline buster - the 301ft tall WindSeeker. Grandparents can enjoy a long list of amazing live shows. Plus, our 15-acre waterpark, BOOMERANG BAY, is free for passholders and has something for everyone.

Upgrade to a GOLD PASS and get FREE season-long parking (a $39.99 savings), early rides on Diamondback and The Beast every day, early access to Boomerang Bay every day, a reserved parking area and many more VIP perks at Kings Island!

BUY NOW, PAY LATER: Buy any of the passes listed below on this page now thru Dec 31st and you'll get immediate access to a printable gift and your card won't be charged until APRIL 1, 2011. Plus, there are no extra fees or hidden charges.