WindSeeker Construction is underway

Colonel_SoB_fan

I have a legit question, if there are gonna be paths on both sides of WindSeeker, judging from that picture and how much space the ride will take up, are they going to have to extend the path ways out to have more room? If so where is the queue and the exit gonna fit in?

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Son of Beast is closed for mechanical reasons."

Actually, Son of Beast is closed because the general manager of the park is not pleased with its ride performance. That remark was fully disclosed earlier this calendar year. That is a matter within his purview...he has personally said he was not happy with the ride experience...and the ride won't be reopening until the general manager and all other interested parties are happy. Reopening the ride, along with other possible alternatives, was at that time being re-evaluated, and interested parties had been asked to submit proposals.

Terp, who chooses his words carefully

"Son of Beast is closed for mechanical reasons."

Actually, Son of Beast is closed because the general manager of the park is not pleased with its ride performance. That remark was fully disclosed earlier this calendar year. That is a matter within his purview...he has personally said he was not happy with the ride experience...and the ride won't be reopening until the general manager and all other interested parties are happy. Reopening the ride, along with other possible alternatives, was at that time being re-evaluated, and interested parties had been asked to submit proposals.

Terp, who chooses his words carefully

"There are no plans to close Geauga Lake" ;)

And the gentleman who said that...for whom did he work?

Oh, wait...

Precisely. B)

I'm not saying I think Action Theater is closing... simply stating that I don't put much stock in such a statement from a park this early in the offseason.

If the new tower ends up smack dab in the middle of that midway, I can imagine lots of confusion trying to cram an entrance and queue for WindSeeker, an exit for WindSeeker, and an entrance for AT in that space.

Kinda looks like it might go smack in the middle of the midway, essentially putting a lid on Coney Mall. It's hard to tell, but if this is indeed where it ends up, I have trouble seeing how they'll be able to branch an entrance and exit to Action Zone into there, but we'll have to wait and see.

Kinda looks like it might go smack in the middle of the midway, essentially putting a lid on Coney Mall. It's hard to tell, but if this is indeed where it ends up, I have trouble seeing how they'll be able to branch an entrance and exit to Action Zone into there, but we'll have to wait and see.

Emphasis Added - why exactly would you want an entrance to Action Zone from that end of Coney Mall? ;)

I think we need to ask when the KIC aerial photographer is scheduled to take flight to get a better idea!

On a related note, I wonder if The Vortex photo booth will remain in it's current location (or in existence) - it seems like something has to give back there to open up space a little.

The whole "paths on both sides" piece is what's surprising and confusing to me. I was thinking that the current AT Exit could be reconfigured for both an entrance and exit to AT, with the current entrance being converted to queue for WindSeeker.

So you want to see the theater, do you?

You'll be back!

(Terp, reminiscing, not predicting....or is he?)

Don't tease me Terpy... Phantom theater was my absolute FAVORITE as a kid! Also, I have been told that in the empty side of AT (where urgent scare is) is where they also store everything from the phantom theater... including the maestro(s) ;)

I wonder why they don't put it in the grassy area where the laser tag building was. It seems like the perfect spot, and since parks comes up with their plans for new additions a couple years before, you would think that when they decided to install WindSeeker, is when they also took out the laser tag building...to put it there.

I wonder why they don't put it in the grassy area where the laser tag building was. It seems like the perfect spot, and since parks come up with their plans for new additions a couple years before, you would think that when they decided to install WindSeeker, is when they also took out the laser tag building.

Thats what I was thinking. I really hope its not smack dab in the middle of the walkway back by AT. I think that I would look really bad there. But where the laser tag building was would make since. At least more then what has been predicted before.

Personally, I believe WindSeeker would look nice at the end of the Coney Mall midway, right at the end. A similar principle to having the Eiffel Tower at the end of the International Street walkway... WindSeeker (in that location) would create a nice focal point for Coney Mall. Actually, I could see an entire pavilion being dedicated to WindSeeker. A nice place to rest while your children are enjoying other family attractions that *I* believe Coney Mall (along with the rest of the park) need, in order to guarantee regular attendance growth.

My take on the layout for both WindySeeker and Action-y Theater utilizing TopGun's photo:

windyseeker.jpg

Red - Queue Line & Entrance

Blue - Exit

Green - Action Theater Entrance

Correct me if Im wrong here, but I was under the impression that WindSeeker was going to be installed directly to the left of The Vortex station where all those trees are.. Kind of where all those soda machines are

A pavilion at Kings Island? Keep in mind that Coney Mall at Kings Island is not a straight line. it actually is two lines that rotate. The rotation occurs right at the area where there is a circular row of trees near the Zephyr entrance and the lucky striker game.

A structure of WindSeeker's magnitude will be visible from most every part of Coney Mall; likely all of Kings Island, and people will follow their eyes all the way to the structure. (Thus, my "focal point" idea.)

WindSeeker will definitely be an intriguing structure. I'd expect most every visitor to Kings Island, new and long- time, to want a close up view of it. (Wether they actually want to ride it or not.) Now, I'm sure these visitors will want a place to sit down, eat, maybe use the restroom... And I see this area as having a lot of potential for future development...

(Pavillion is the wrong word, as I do not necessarily mean a building with seating. I mean to say that I believe the back end of Coney Mall will probably be much more developed. How, I don't know...)