WindSeeker Construction is underway

Colonel_SoB_fan

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending when they cap off the foundation, I wouldn`t expect to see vertical construction for roughly four weeks after the final concrete pour. That is the point in time that the concrete has cured and gained most of its strength. It will continue to cure years after being cast in place though. In any event, I wouldn`t anticipate seeing any vertical construction until at least mid to late January. Not to mention that there may not be much work going on at the site the next week and a half with the holidays.

Very well done Interpreter!

Concrete never "dries." Concrete cures, which is a chemical process called hydration. (The water chemically reacts with the cement in concrete). When it is cold out, the process of hydration slows down. Which is why they often use concrete blankets to try and keep the concrete warm (concrete curing is an exothermic reaction, so it produces heat once it starts to cure). You can see concrete blankets draped over the form work in that picture. Also, admixtures can be added to the concrete to help speed up the setting process when it is cold out.

in the summer months, the opposite problem is true. The concrete cures quicker, and there is less working time before it begins to set. There are also admixtures that can be added to slow down the curing process and lengthen the working time.

How deep do you think the hole is?

"Bend Over and I'll show Ya.."

I'm so sorry, That Christmas Vacation quote just fit so well.. :) Lol!

Anyways! Im guessing Prolly around 10 feet or so. That Ladder to the left looks like about an 8-10 foot ladder.. Maybe 30 or 40 feet wide... Huge!

Anyways! Im guessing Prolly around 10 feet or so. That Ladder to the left looks like about an 8-10 foot ladder.. Maybe 30 or 40 feet wide... Huge!

I actually was hoping nobody would make a comment like that.:D

So it looks as though the park is using red brick style/textured pavers to rework the surface in Coney Mall. In my opinion, I think that the pavers will look great, and keep the classical feel to the area. Thank goodness they are keeping to the style of the area rather than using the same pavers that were used in Rivertown and PS which look great, but in those areas. Looking great KI!

I think a repaving of the parking lot (in phases if necessary) is something that is needed soon. The parking lot is simply starting to fall apart. I would like to see, the white poles around the gold pass lot taken out and planters with trees installed as landscaped medians (much like they did surrounding the handicapped and VIP lots several years ago) to separate the lots. It would certainly be more aesthetically pleasing. But at least Kings Island`s parking lot has clearly delineated parking stalls. When I went to Cedar Point in September, you could barely make out the parking stalls because the striping was so faded!

I actually was hoping nobody would make a comment like that.:D

I was going to say Thats what she said but I think thats the best smart Azz answer ive seen yet on KIC.

You have to be careful. I think that the red pavement in your picture Paul, shows not pavers but asphalt that has been sealed with a colored sealant. I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain that they used color sealant/paint on some of the asphalt in the early years of the park. Coney Mall, however, was originally paved in pavers when the park first opened. With the addition of pavers to Coney Mall this year, the remaining asphalt areas are dwindling. It would be nice if they eventually converted the rest of the asphalt areas to pavers. But that would be expensive and take years. I`m still surprised they are converting most of Coney Mall to pavers for the 2011 season. That is a very big undertaking. And it certainly isn`t cheap either!