WindSeeker Construction is underway

Colonel_SoB_fan

So I wonder if the ride will simply get standard uplighting like Drop Tower has, or if there will be additional lights added to the ride. Only time will tell I suppose!

it be neat to see it with a tone of l.e.d.'s. it would be a light show & a half @ night...

...not to mention, some great photography stills from ground or eiffel level.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that would be neat. But, I`d almost rather the front side of the Eiffel Tower get the same LED light treatment that the back side got this past season for Snoopy`s Starlight Spectacular. I missed the front of the tower being illuminated like in years past. Especially since the front with the fountains and the nightly fireworks displays are such an iconic and photogenic spot for so many people as they will watch the fireworks from the base of the fountain, just inside the park gates.

Part of the appeal of most of the rides in Coney Mall is their use of lights though. Think about it. Every single attraction in Coney Mall proper (save for the Action FX Theater and Backlot, and the two attractions in X-Base) makes use of lights. The Racer has chaser lights. Vortex has chaser lights going up its lift hill. Scrambler, Monster and Dodgems are all outfitted with great lighting packages. The Dodgems have lights on the cars, Shake, Rattle and Roll also has lights on the cars and on the arms of the ride. So I would agree, it would be nice (and fit in well with the traditional amusement park feel of the Coney Mall area of the park), if WindSeeker does have some kind of lighting package beyond just generic uplights.

The funny thing is the WindSeeker comments on a few of the sites like Facebook. Most of the people are saying the ride is lame and boring. But yet, the ride isn't open yet and no one has rode it. And most of those who made the comments won't ride it because they are too chicken.

Precisely. Another example, is look at the Tornado at Strickers Grove. By most comparisons, that ride would seem juvenile to most coaster enthusiasts, when compared to the larger creations of today from firms like GCI and The Gravity Group. But the ride has some serious ejector air time on it, that unless you ride it, (or have heard reports on it) you would never know about it.

So I wonder if the ride will simply get standard uplighting like Drop Tower has, or if there will be additional lights added to the ride. Only time will tell I suppose!

it be neat to see it with a tone of l.e.d.'s. it would be a light show & a half @ night...

At an American Society of Civil Engineers meeting held at the park a few months ago, Mr. Gramke said that all new lighting in the park would use either CFLs or LEDs in order to reduce electricity consumption. Hopefully this is still the case!

Kings Island Hopes Towering Swing Ride Will Draw The Crowds:

..."It's intense," agrees Jordan Hill, 16, of Georgetown who is registered with Kings Island fan Web site KICentral.com, "and while it may not be another coaster like the general public would love to receive, it is going to have a lasting impact on not only the park's skyline, but also the ride selection that the park offers. I'm personally ready to see it run."...

http://www.kentucky....a-towering.html

From the article (emphasis added):

In anticipation of the crowds, Coney Island is getting a re-do with 400,000 new brick pavers also being installed along with new curbing.

Can you say "FAIL"?

Ah, but there are other types of lights besides those as well. For example, the street lights that were used in the renovation of Rivertown use high pressure sodium lamps. These lamps are denoted by their orange color that they produce, as evident in Rivertown at night.

The wave of the future will be in LED lighting, although the technology is still in its infancy for lighting. While LEDs are more expensive up front, even compared with CFLs, they produce a lifespan of upwards of 30,000 hours, and even that number maybe conservative. (Because they are so new, many manufacturers are airing on the side of caution when specifying the lifespan of LEDs.) Currently, LED lighting is getting a lot of use on wall mounted signs for buildings, but their use for general lighting is becoming more prevalent. Currently, in the Cincinnati area, all United Dairy Farmers light their gas canopy with LED lighting fixtures. I had a lunch and learn in the office about six months ago discussing LED lighting.

I believe that the lights on the Scrambler may actually be LED lights already. They are definitely the wave of the future. Hopefully, WindSeeker does get some sort of lighting package. It would just tie into the theme of the area, and look cool at night!

Ah, but there are other types of lights besides those as well. For example, the street lights that were used in the renovation of Rivertown use high pressure sodium lamps. These lamps are denoted by their orange color that they produce, as evident in Rivertown at night.

The wave of the future will be in LED lighting, although the technology is still in its infancy for lighting. While LEDs are more expensive up front, even compared with CFLs, they produce a lifespan of upwards of 30,000 hours, and even that number maybe conservative. (Because they are so new, many manufacturers are airing on the side of caution when specifying the lifespan of LEDs.) Currently, LED lighting is getting a lot of use on wall mounted signs for buildings, but their use for general lighting is becoming more prevalent. Currently, in the Cincinnati area, all United Dairy Farmers light their gas canopy with LED lighting fixtures. I had a lunch and learn in the office about six months ago discussing LED lighting.

I believe that the lights on the Scrambler may actually be LED lights already. They are definitely the wave of the future. Hopefully, WindSeeker does get some sort of lighting package. It would just tie into the theme of the area, and look cool at night!

I think light lights on the back side of I.F. got the LEDS too for Starlight Spectaclar

I think light lights on the back side of I.F. got the LEDS too for Starlight Spectaclar

I.F.? What's that? If you mean the Eiffel Tower, yes, as Robbie said earlier:

Yes, that would be neat. But, I`d almost rather the front side of the Eiffel Tower get the same LED light treatment that the back side got this past season for Snoopy`s Starlight Spectacular. I missed the front of the tower being illuminated like in years past....

...From the article (emphasis added):

In anticipation of the crowds, Coney Island is getting a re-do with 400,000 new brick pavers also being installed along with new curbing.

Can you say "FAIL"?

Yep...although Coney Island is the original name for Coney Mall, few of the Lexington Herald-Leader readers would know that...I'd like to think the reporter just used the old name, but more likely the reporter didn't even know there is a park in Cincinnati of the same name, the progenitor of Kings Island no less! Meanwhile, many of the paper's readers would. The reporter probably thought Mr. Helbig meant Coney Island when he said Coney Mall...or only remembered the Coney part and filled in the rest...Why do I suspect the reporter is either young and/or not originally from Central Kentucky?

Precisely. Another example, is look at the Tornado at Strickers Grove. By most comparisons, that ride would seem juvenile to most coaster enthusiasts, when compared to the larger creations of today from firms like GCI and The Gravity Group. But the ride has some serious ejector air time on it, that unless you ride it, (or have heard reports on it) you would never know about it.

...and unless you ride the right seat on that one...you'd still not know it! :)

(raises hand guilty for wanting back seat only on that ride)

Sorry Ro, I'm gonna have to fight you for the back row. If both of us tried to squeeze into that seat, you know what I would be saying: "There goes my airtime!":P

Of course, my legs can only withstand so many rides in the back row of that coaster!

Was Coney Mall ever called Old Coney? I've seen a phone list hanging up, and Coney Mall is listed is Old Coney.

Yes, it was...from Coney Island to Old Coney to Coney Mall....it's been called them all...

I can't see why they did'nt change it. Diamondback was listed on there, and that was built only 2 years ago.

...and unless you ride the right seat on that one...you'd still not know it! :)

(raises hand guilty for wanting back seat only on that ride)

Sorry Ro, I'm gonna have to fight you for the back row. If both of us tried to squeeze into that seat, you know what I would be saying: "There goes my airtime!":P

Of course, my legs can only withstand so many rides in the back row of that coaster!

with the way ive been loosing wieght, i might be the one saying that.cool.gif