WindSeeker Construction is underway

Colonel_SoB_fan

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not the point...the point is full disclosure...which is required of professional webpages...In the construction gallery section, it should disclose where the picture is from...particularly since it is from a different park.

You say on the front page:

Welcome to the Unoffical WindSeeker Website. We will be updating you along WindSeeker's journey to become Kings Island's newest attraction! Want to know whats up? Check out the Updates page for the latest news in the WindSeeker Construction process. Vertical Construction is on its way! Want to actually see whats going on behind the scenes? Check out the Gallery! You can visit the Construction's page where it will show you the latest images at the park. Or you can visit the Ride Rendering's page, where you can check out the rendering's the park released.

Then you show a picture in the Construction Gallery from a totally different park without saying so. That's not kosher.

As long as we are at it, those three apostrophes in the last two sentences should not be there, and Construction really should be singular...But the two times you says whats as in what is, it should be what's.

As of now, not to worried bout the home page. I'll fix it later. If someone would like to re-write it for me and pm it to me I would really appreciate it. There should be a little statement in the footer saying none of these images are mine. They have links along with them as well... If anyone sees anymore problems please post in this topic here:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22913&st=0&p=406857entry406857

A few words about the comments you posted below the segments of the ride outside the manufacturing plant. First, as others have mentioned, use spell checker! You spelled appears wrong! And yes, spelling is a big deal. I went on an interview for a co-op position once. I had THREE spelling errors on my online portfolio website (they were typos, and three scattered over about thirty pages). But my interviewer informed me of those typos... Needless to say, after that interview, I ALWAYS spell check things. (I ultimately did not end up taking a position at that firm).

Secondly, the portion you mention about us being 'not too far behind Cedar Point.' Our ride foundation was actually poured BEFORE Cedar Points. Not to mention Cedar Point opens two full weeks behind Kings Island. Which is roughly the time difference between the pours of the ride foundation at Kings Island and Cedar Point.

A few words about the comments you posted below the segments of the ride outside the manufacturing plant. First, as others have mentioned, use spell checker! You spelled appears wrong! And yes, spelling is a big deal. I went on an interview for a co-op position once. I had THREE spelling errors on my online portfolio website (they were typos, and three scattered over about thirty pages). But my interviewer informed me of those typos... Needless to say, after that interview, I ALWAYS spell check things. (I ultimately did not end up taking a position at that firm).

Secondly, the portion you mention about us being 'not too far behind Cedar Point.' Our ride foundation was actually poured BEFORE Cedar Points. Not to mention Cedar Point opens two full weeks behind Kings Island. Which is roughly the time difference between the pours of the ride foundation at Kings Island and Cedar Point.

Again... If you have comments about my website please post them in the appropriate thread. If you would like to see my response please take a look at it.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22913&st=0&p=406857entry406857

• 2 weeks later...

Of course the WindSeeker looks impressive, but I'll stop with that. Sadly, for me it is going to be much like the Son of Beast when it was operational. It will be moving but I won't be getting on it. The park could benefit greatly with some adult attractions. This wouldn't even necessarily need to be anything to do with rides. Great landscaping could be a plus. I know it's exceedingly unlikely that K.I. will ever visit the Zoo concept again. Even though I have always believed that it could be done the right way. But maybe they could consider a garden. Even a....botanical garden. This would certainly attract adults to the park who would normally never go. And it would give adults something to do while the kids go off and play. I can even think of an excellent place in the park to place a garden. Right where the shadow's of Son of Beast currently lie.

They were digging a trench all along the area towards the right side of the view earlier. Also, they were smoothing and, I think, laying rebar in the area under the tarp. Also, wooden forms were built all around the WindSeeker foundation.

Guest TombraiderTy

Comparing a webcam shot from yesterday...

2711703pm.jpg

...with one from today...

2811434pm.jpg

...you can see that the blue wall on the right has been removed, also seen here...

img6992g.jpg

I'm curious as to if Vortex's whole photo-booth might be relocated / removed. It would definitely free up the space and prevent a bottleneck situation there.

Just a question I know they just got thier new webcam up I was wondering how long does it take for it to refresh the image?

I'm not sure how long it updates when it is running, but don't count on it refreshing again until midnight. It's been stopping at 14:56:39 (2:56). Somebody asked them about it on Twitter and they said they were looking into it.

It looks like they're wrapping the midway to go around WindSeeker and end at Action Theatre. Interesting, it seems similar with what they did with The Beast entry plaza, wrapping it around Diamondback's second helix. I hope this doesn't mean minimal trees, sadly though I think that may be the case.

I just hope its not like The Beast plaza that opens up facing a large wooden fence and gate. Hopefully, they rework Vortex`s exit with the photo booth, as that could be a potential bottleneck. Only time will tell what will happen. The first pieces of WindSeeker should begin showing up at KI soon, as the park has said they would begin arriving in the middle of February.