WindSeeker Construction is underway

Colonel_SoB_fan

Can I just say that I think the new Pavers look awesome!

I'm also impressed with the magnitude of that foundation - can you imagine the effort it would take if they ever had to remove that pile cap. 45' wide, 6' thick, and significant amounts of rebar. If my math is correct, I think that would be enough concrete to build a sidewalk almost two miles long.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

staying at GWL tonight and drove past the ki parking lot on my way back from a walmart run. there were a pair of semi's in the parking lot surrounded by vehicles that appeared to have some large, cylinder-shaped objects on the flatbed. It was near dusk- so i couldn't see real well... but WindSeeker pieces may have begun to arrive.

Every picture that's released makes me more and more anxious for opening day. At first I was pretty "meh" about WindSeeker, but the ride has really grown on me, and I'm now to the point where I'm itching to try it out. Not to mention the makeover of Coney Mall is making me excited, considering how great of a job they did with Rivertown in 2009 and Planet Snoopy 2010.

Is it April yet?

Every picture that's released makes me more and more anxious for opening day. At first I was pretty "meh" about WindSeeker, but the ride has really grown on me, and I'm now to the point where I'm itching to try it out. Not to mention the makeover of Coney Mall is making me excited, considering how great of a job they did with Rivertown in 2009 and Planet Snoopy 2010.

Is it April yet?

My thoughts excatly. I've always loved that section of the park. It's about time it received some TLC!

Off Topic: Awesome Signature Beast1979!

My thoughts excatly. I've always loved that section of the park. It's about time it received some TLC!

Off Topic: Awesome Signature Beast1979!

Yep, I love how they've done Rivertown, then Planet Snoopy, and now Coney Mall, it's almost like they're systematically rejuvenating the park!

Thanks, I just got that CD yesterday B)

holy crap. WindSeeker gets WAY up there. according to picture 18 we'll be able to see the skyline of Cedar Point from up there!!!!!!!!!

is it just me (or maybe this has already been talked about)- but does it look like they've removed a lot of the trees through Coney Mall?

I do remember one grass island had it's trees removed in 2010, and they may have removed more for construction. I think they'll plant new ones for 2011 if they were removed.

And Mr. Kinzel will be living in the parking lot. No wonder he is worried about Toosday. (in binary? 011111)

Did I miss something? What happens on Toosday?

^No. The resolutions are non-binding meaning, as was alluded too in some the articles Terpy posted in the past few days, the board does not have to adhere to them. They could simply maintain the status quo if they desired. It will be interesting to watch this all unfold in the coming days/weeks/months.

Kings Island Hopes Towering Swing Ride Will Draw The Crowds:

..."It's intense," agrees Jordan Hill, 16, of Georgetown who is registered with Kings Island fan Web site KICentral.com, "and while it may not be another coaster like the general public would love to receive, it is going to have a lasting impact on not only the park's skyline, but also the ride selection that the park offers. I'm personally ready to see it run."...

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/23/1607471/kings-island-hopes-a-towering.html

Very nice article, with a very nice quote and mention by a KICentral member! Congrats for being in the article Jordan!

So I wonder if the ride will simply get standard uplighting like Drop Tower has, or if there will be additional lights added to the ride. Only time will tell I suppose!