WindSeeker Construction is underway

Colonel_SoB_fan

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing separating WindSeeker from the Rivertown plaza is that shaded pathway between Vortex and Backlot Stunt Coaster. I can't see it being all too difficult to open that path a half hour before the park opens. It's not as if we're talking about a distance like from Drop Zone to Beast.

For those of you that hate twitter like me and refuse to go on the site, here is the picture.

windseeker-2.jpg

Link

Off topic, but if someone's so arrogant as to not click on a link, just because they don't like the site, then maybe they don't need to see it. ;)

On topic: with the area that WindSeeker is going, I think it'll bring more people back there, and maybe more vending machines will be used (not by me though) And maybe there will be a stand for frozen lemonade, dip-n-dots etc.

Actually no, he is one of the intelligent few. Twitter is the most blatant display of American self-importance and self-indulgence ever created...bar none. Anyone arrogant enough to think that anyone else TRULY cares whether or not they are on their deck cooking a steak (and things like THAT are what Twitter is used for most often) has a serious problem. Now, on topic of this ride and its location..... I was under the impression it was going to be installed behind the operators booth for Vortex, after clearing some of the trees behind it. The location its slated for is... to be blunt... dumber than Hell for the reasons stated previously (serious congestion and conflicts in regards to Vortex's exit, AT's entrance, Urgent Scare's entrance come Haunt time etc etc).

Is this the same spot?

windseeker.jpg

Doesn't seem like there's that much room in that area to put the ride and the queue.

The photo dipiction you have there is accurate for the placement of WindSeeker in 2011. There will be paths on both sides to get to Action Theatre, if it's open next year - in which I have no information on at this time.

I have just been informed that there are no plans to close Action Theatre for the 2011 season.

But, are there any plans to open it in 2011...just kidding, just kidding.

This is good news because my nephew was finally tall enough to ride in the motion seats late this year and enjoyed it a lot...it was new to him!

Vortex doesn`t really need more of a queue, due to its high capacity, At one point in time, (I`m not certain if it was still around when Vortex opened) but there were additional queues located below the station platform (below the existing queues that are in the station). Up until a few years ago, you could still see the steps that went down to this queue area. The steps were removed a few seasons ago.

Vortex doesn`t really need more of a queue, due to its high capacity, At one point in time, (I`m not certain if it was still around when Vortex opened) but there were additional queues located below the station platform (below the existing queues that are in the station). Up until a few years ago, you could still see the steps that went down to this queue area. The steps were removed a few seasons ago.

Isn't one set of steps still there? I believe it is on the right when you come down the stairs after crossing the tracks. If I recall, those steps led down to the lower queue.There was another set of steps leading to a gate (which is still there) where the line came back up just before you enter the station. Those steps I know are gone. But I could be wrong about the other steps still being there.

I have just been informed that there are no plans to close Action Theatre for the 2011 season.

So when you talk to your friends at KI, do they find it humorous how bent out of shape we get on KIC about things like this?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Mainly it's a "where the heck did they come up with that?" mentality.

I would say that assuming that AT was being removed is fairly reasonable, considering that a big freaking swingset is being installed right in front of the entrance to it.

Please refer to an earlier post:

I would say that assuming that AT was being removed is fairly reasonable, considering that a big freaking swingset is being installed right in front of the entrance to it.

Please refer to an earlier post:

You might want to read that again. WindSeeker is literally being put right in front of AT, and the current path to AT will be blocked by it, so it could be assumed that AT was going to be closed next year.

Wow.

This is where the back & forth bickering starts.

Information has been provided from an extremely legitimate source completely eliminating your theory, and for some strange reason, you ignore it.

CedarPointer meant that it was a logical conclusion before it was announced that AT would stay open.

So, are you saying that WindSeeker won't be blocking the current entrance to AT? Because from my point of view, it does.