Camp,Kern Expands Ozone Zip Lines Over Little Miami

That should be a great course. I haven't been to Camp Kern in over 10 years (went up there a few times in high school for youth group retreats with church), but it's a beautiful camp, and the terrain up there is beautiful. It's a shame it's so expensive - $75 for the regular tour (up to 3 hours) or $100 or the extended tour (up to 4.5 hours). Even though KI passholders get a $10 discount, I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money for something like that.

• 5 weeks later...

LAWSUIT MAY DELAY OR EVEN STOP ZIPLINE EXPANSION:

LEBANON - Major expansion plans announced in early November for the Ozone Zipline Adventures at Camp Kern in Oregonia have been temporarily - and perhaps permanently - blocked by a lawsuit filed in Warren County Common Pleas Court.

Little Miami Inc., a non-profit group that works to protect the natural state of the scenic Little Miami River, seeks to stop the addition of two 1,500-foot sections of cable that would stretch over and back across the river, from the Camp Kern side to the Fort Ancient side, at a height of 200 feet.

The zipline adventure planned to open a third tour option when it opened its 2011 season on April 1. The "Extended Tour" choice included a birds-eye view of the river as riders crossed to a platform at Fort Ancient to learn about the history of the ancient site before returning to a platform on the Camp Kern side.

The group contends that a conservation easement they purchased three years ago applies to the space over the river in addition to the land along the banks. Little Miami paid almost $63,000 to the Greater Dayton YMCA, Camp Kern's owner, for an easement that prohibits any transmission lines across the river.

Court filings argue that cables used to transport people equate to electric lines used to transmit power and can't be allowed by the terms of the easement contract....

http://news.cincinna...ddition-opposed

I went to a Camp Kern summer camp this summer, it's so fun! But unfortunately I didn't get to go on the ziplines.

Do they still have that observation tower thing in the woods up there?

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

If you're talking about Pete's Tower, then yes, they do.