Coney Mall Construction

The Interpreter

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so hard to imagine walking around KI, and everything being brand new.

On a side note, I'm sure that when KI opened, they wanted Coney Mall to emulate Coney Island. After just shutting down a popular amusement park to open a new one, they wanted former Coney patrons to feel at home. With that being nearly 40 years ago, it doesn't seem like there would be too many Kings Island goers that care whether there was a "Coney Island" section of the park. Even though CM hasn't looked like it did in '72 for quite some time, I wonder if this latest remodeling effort will move even further from the original concept.

190005795.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1289690444&Signature=KO6rplGLy07iCypZ1BOcCG3NNps%3D

sorry if this was already brought up, or i just happened to miss when it actually happened, but the sign for spongebob 3d is gone in this picture.

is that something that is removed for urgent scare, or is this something that hints spongebob isn't returning?

Spongebob is coming back, dont worry. They actually made a NEW sign for it this past season. They just turn those columns to say Urgent Scare

when they do that.

tarps for US are still up.rolleyes.gif

Not to mention the discolored flags from Coney MAUL are still on the Subway building in the TwitPic.

Also, now that I think about it, I think the old Magnum Energy Drink sign is still on the Action Theater rotating sign from 2008. Maybe they ought to bring the whole "energy drink is the cause of small-town viral outbreak" theme back to make fun of the recent backlash against Four Loko. :P

I guess shade was overrated. Pavers will be nice, but the sun beating down on the entire midway won't.

Cedar Fair don't like trees anyway. They prefer pavement over shade. They've proven that many a time. The only good news, however is, Mason Is a Tree City USA town, which means

any construction done anywhere in the city limits requires that trees be re-planted or planted as part of any construction job!

KI is not inside of Mason City limits, it is annexed. Some times different laws and rules apply, some times not. Besides, there have been jobs done in the City of Mason by the City of Mason where that has not been the case.

The actual property is part of the city of Mason because of the annex but is not inside of the boundries of the city of Mason. (I could have elaborated a little more I guess) Some times when a business or property is annexed, the building regulations of the area the business or property is in apply over the governed annex. This has been the case for KI in the past but may not now, that is why I put "Some times different laws and rules apply, some times not." In the past, (Keco and Taft) had a really nice nursery for trees and plants and it would not be unusual to see a tree or bush taken out and replaced by the next day. Also in certain times, Deerfield Township fire will respond first because of proximity to the park under an agreement with Mason fire. But that is only because of a heavy rescue truck parked at the station near Kings High School.

Yes the building permits and such will be issued by the city and all of the tax revinue will go to the city, but SOME TIMES (not always) the BUILDING CODES will be of the area of actual residence. In this case Deerfield Township. I know of a couple of projects at KI (before CF and after the annex) that the tags were signed by the Deerfield Township inspector, but issued to the City of Mason. I should also note that the Deerfield Township inspector I think is also a State inspector, but the building and property codes were that of Deerfield. And before some one else says it, the codes of Deerfield Township and that of the City of Mason are not that much different if at all, except that of the issue of planting trees.......but you all know how I feel about the City of Mason and there laws about planting trees or lack there of.

As some one who has experience in the field of architecture, I need to comment on some things. Building codes are typically applied at the state level (for example the Ohio Building Code). Individual jurisdictions do not typically have their own building codes. They do, however, have their own zoning codes and ordinances, which impact property setbacks, parking counts, landscaping requirements, etc. It is these requirements that govern planting trees, etc. That is where some of the issues with plantings may come into effect. However, if plans are submitted to a certain building department, then that is where the building inspectors will come from. And again, Kings Island is part of Mason, not part of Deerfield Township anymore.

As an aside, most building codes are based off of the International Building Code. Most states will adopt amendments to this building code.

Yep you are correct, I thought I eluded to that, but after reading my last post I am trying to figure out what drugs that I am on. I was talking about two different things without differentiating the two and I even threw in some sarcasm that no one will ever get.........Is it April yet?

Yep you are correct, I thought I eluded to that, but after reading my last post I am trying to figure out what drugs that I am on. I was talking about two different things without differentiating the two and I even threw in some sarcasm that no one will ever get.........Is it April yet?

Yep, you eluded alluding to it!

Terp who will attempt to avoid an allision in admiralty and fly away! (Yep, kiddos, he will understand that, and even a reference to Ford and charcoal!)

I hope to see a new 3D ride in place of spongebob. Especially since that will be an area of focus for the off-season. Spongebob is getting really old.

Spongebob LIVES my friend! It will be there forever! The day Spongbob "Hey, Is That My Patty" stops showing at Kings Island, will be the day I stop showing

at Kings Island!

PAINTING GUY - Are you ready kids?

KIDS - Aye, aye, captain!

PAINTING GUY - I can't hear you!

KIDS - AYE, AYE, CAPTAIN!

PAINTING GUY - Good! In you go!

MR. KRABS - SpongeBob, me boy, it's time to give them a crash course in Krabby Patty making!

SPONGEBOB - Welcome, trainee! The foundation of the Krabby Patty is as follows: bun, lettuce, tomato, onion, sauce, and secret recipe patty...

MR. KRABS - Trademarked by Mr. Krabs!

SPONGEBOB - But, like anything in life, it's not complete without a pickle. Hey, the last one! Come on, little fella, fulfill your destiny. (random gobbledygoop) (chases pickle)

CUSTOMER - Hey, what's taking so long?

SQUIDWARD - Oh, believe me, it's worth it.

SPONGEBOB - Come back! Fulfill your destiny! Patrick, stop that pickle! Weird, I didn't even know Patrick owned a pogo stick.

CUSTOMER - Hey, is that my patty?

SPONGEBOB - Not yet, it isn't. For you see, this patty is incomplete! Come on, new guy, we've gotta get that pickle...FOR THE CUSTOMER!!! (blows up bubble bike) Get on! In the history of the Krusty Krab, we have never served an incomplete patty, and we're not gonna! Not on MY watch. (rides through town) Now, let's see, If I'm gonna catch Patrick, I must first think like Patrick. Duh, look, hole! (wreaks havoc upon town, then runs into Jellyfish Fields sign) Doh! Look, jellyfish! Trying to say hi! Aren't they pretty? You know, if you're gentle, you can pet them. (gets stung) Look, it's Patrick! Hey, Patrick, I need that pickle to complete the patty! Hey, that looks like the back of the Rock Bottom sign. ROCK BOTTOM?!!?!?!?! Neptune on a needle! This is gonna get a little vertical! (one long scream) You okay, new guy? Well, at least the bubble bike made it. GAH! Hey! Let go!

SPONGEBOB - Not yet. No, don't...pop...the bubble bik- (another long scream) By the way, you're doing great for your first day (yet another long scream) Hey, look, there's Patrick! He's going into the Chum Bucket!

PATRICK - Hey, SpongeBob!

SPONGEBOB - Patrick....

PATRICK - What are you doing here?

SPONGEBOB - Why did you steal my pickle?

PATRICK - Pickle? Wasn't me. (sees Patrick) It's me! (more screaming)

SPONGEBOB - Am I seeing double? What's going on here?!

PLANKTON - Isn't it obvious?

SPONGEBOB - Plankton!

PLANKTON - That's right, Plankton! My robotic Patrick has lured you and that delicious patty right into my fiendish hands. Now hand it over!

SPONGEBOB - Never! You can't make me!

PLANKTON - Maybe I can't, but the Pat-Bot 3000 can! BEHOLD! A hydraulic metal arm to crush your bones. A titanium-tipped ripping saw to cut your flesh! And A PADDLEBALL!!!! Made from rubber and wood. Ahem, and a staple. Anyway, get him!

(incessant screaming and chasing ensues. Pat-Bot gets unplugged)

PATRICK - Oh, sorry. Can I use this outlet?

PLANKTON - Well, at least I still have the pickle! (gets flattened) Well, this stinks.

SPONGEBOB - Come on, little fella. That's right. COMPLETE!!

SPONGEBOB - Yessir!

CUSTOMER - Uh, I asked for NO pickles.

SPONGEBOB - No pickles, hahaha.

CUSTOMER - No, you don't understand...(blows up)...I'm allergic to pickles.

SPONGEBOB - Well, that was pickle-culiar. (annoying spongy laugh)

END.

......yeah, I think it's time for a new show inside the Action Theater. :mellow:

Yep, you eluded alluding to it!

Terp who will attempt to avoid an allision in admiralty and fly away! (Yep, kiddos, he will understand that, and even a reference to Ford and charcoal!)

I was hoping CoastersRZ would have caught that, he was on a streak with the corrections, rightly so after I read what I wrote. You had to be Merlin the magician to decipher some of it, but at least you would have been faster than a barnacle at it. Just think, If Ford would have used metal for every thing, then we would not have a king making charcoal out of wood now would we?......(and some thought I was an idiot yesterday...)