My Off-Season To-do List For KI

TheBeastLover

My Dream Off- Season To-Do List For Kings Island:

<DEL class="bbc">1. Redo Coney Mall

</DEL>2. Paint The Racer

3. Get the black gunk off the orange lap bars on The Beast at least, if not replace the orange covers!

4. Paint FD

5. Smooth Out Vortex

6. Fix The Crypt for whatever reason it was down all October, and bring back the theming.

7. Reduce FOF's down time (every time I came to the park this year it was down for at least 45 minutes each day, mid-day)

8. Find a way to Increase FH's ride capacity

9. A New Action Theather Show

10. Repave and Restripe the parking lot (Courtesy of markr)

And Last But Not Least...

11. Do something to SOB before SOB turns to POS!

There is certainly a vibration coming out of the hammerhead on DB. As for Vortex, just as Terpy says, 5-1 solves all. After I tried it early this past season, I haven't ridden in any other seat. Fun first drop, great hangtime in the corkscrews, and much much smoother than anywhere else.

I think that it may have to do with the fact that the track in that are is directly connected to the foundations. There are no support columns, so it might be a stiffer connection. Thus instead if the columns absorbing some of the vibration, there is nothing to dissipate the vibration, so the train vibrates.

I feel the rattle in Diamondback too, especially at the bottom of the first drop. I feel it on all of the outside seats and the inside seats near the back, but in the front the ride is glass smooth with absolutely no bumps at all. The front 3 or 4 rows are the best seats on the ride, but the very front is the place to be.

I wouldn't be surprised to see The Racer get painted. They should, considering that they are redoing that entire area.

They seem to be going through the park section by section... one season it's Rivertown, the next it's Planet Snoopy, next season it will be Coney Mall. That makes me wonder what will be in store for 2012? Maybe they'll touch up Action Zone? Maybe X-Base will get it's own area status?

As for smoothing out The Vortex? It won't happen. If they do anything, it will be with the trains. Any problems with the track will stay like that permanently.

Do I think that Vortex is rough? Even in 5-1? Let's just say that the Corkscrew at Cedar Point wasn't at all as rough as I remember, and that probably had something to do with all The Vortex riding I've done this season. 5-1 is the best seat on the train, but it's pretty ridiculous that you have to sit in one seat to get a good ride.

Speaking for the generation who rode Vortex when it first opened in 1987 ( when it was indeed a smooth ride ) , I am always afraid I am going to get whiplash whenever I get on the ride now.

Also, I would like to add to the off season to do list: The parking lot is long overdue for repaving.

Speaking for the generation who rode Vortex when it first opened in 1987 ( when it was indeed a smooth ride ) , I am always afraid I am going to get whiplash whenever I get on the ride now.

Also, I would like to add to the off season to do list: The parking lot is long overdue for repaving.

The cost of repaving the parking lot would dwarf the cost of building Diamondback.

I would think it would be a bit disheartening, in a way, to buy/own an amusement park knowing full well you could probably never pave its parking lot. It seems like it would be like buying a house knowing you could never fix its busted up driveway.

I don`t think that is an entirely accurate statement. If they did it in one season, it would be expensive, but not as expensive as a 20+ million ride. If they did it in phases, it wouldn`t be that bad. Not to mention, they at least need to fix the high traffic driving lanes where there are big pot holes. If they do nothing, eventually the paved parking lot will turn into a gravel lot.

How do I know? Gate 1 at Coney (the main picnic grove parking lot has a gravel lot that used to be a paved lot. If you ever venture out into the gravel lot, you will see small patches of pavement that are still in tact. They simply decided not to repave or maintain that area of lot, and it eventually deteriorated to the point where its back to a gravel lot. Which is fine, considering that parking lot only gets used on the really busy weekends when there are lots of picnics, or for sold out concerts. And of course July 3rd.

The parking lot at Kings Island is an absolute DISASTER! Unfortunately, I can't totally blame it on Cedar Fair and current management of the park. It all started during Paramount days. The entire lot needs to be dozed over and redesigned and rebuilt from scratch! The first things that need to be removed from the next design are Preffered Parking and Season Pass Parking. Although, I do think its pretty cool

to have a perk like that, where I can park in my own area because I have the big pass, It's not operated properly, and with the ignorant operation of it, it becomes a problem at times. They don't staff it

the entire day. I've gotten there a lot and it wasnt staffed, so anyone could sneak in there and park. That ticks me off. They put up cones in the lot that takes way out of the way to get to the pass

lot, which I fail to see the reasoning behind that ONE! Another one of my many haunt complaints, I arrived one night in October a little later than normal, and some idiot had put up so many cones, I could not even figure out how to get to the pass lot, and ended up having to drive all the way up to the north lot and make a HUGE circle to get back to the pass lot, and then found it UNSTAFFED! I went into Guest Relations and made a HUGE scene over that one! But, I would love to see them rebuild the parking lot and not have preferred or other kinds of special parking. I think if they did it like Cedar Point

and other parks, it would be fine. They don't need to charge an extra 5 bucks to park near the gate! I remember when that lot was FREE! I always got to the park early enough to park in the first row

by the front gate!