Mantis

alexisandrcs4eve

So I meant to do this about 2 months ago but I forgot so I'm doing it now and I have to say that Mantis is the worst coaster ever built! My opinion I know some may like it but, I do not like it at all! Just saying and I apologize to all Mantis lovers out there but I think they need to tear it down and put a new coaster there more worthy of Cedar Point! Please write your opinion!

in my opinion. I hope is still standing when they start taking Iron Dragon, which can't be removed fast enough. All this was just my opinion

Why remove Iron Dragon? Don't like it, don't ride it. Its always open and going whenever I am there, unlike Dragster :P Mantis I am not a big fan for... therefore I don't ride it since I only been on it a handful of times since it opened.

I have always questioned why some want to remove less than thrilling coasters.

Like FD, ID fills a gap between kiddie coasters and high thrill coasters.

Not everyone has the taste for MF, Magnum or TTD. ID is also a great "starter" coaster for those that are not to 48" as ID's height restriction is 46".

http://www.cedarpoin...eight_guide.cfm

And on a side note: Many enthusiasts love to blast CP for only being a "thrill" park. So how would removing ID, which is obviously on the lesser end of coaster thrills, help that cause?

I have always questioned why some want to remove less than thrilling coasters.

Like FD, ID fills a gap between kiddie coasters and high thrill coasters.

Not everyone has the taste for MF, Magnum or TTD. ID is also a great "starter" coaster for those that are not to 48" as ID's height restriction is 46".

http://www.cedarpoin...eight_guide.cfm

And on a side note: Many enthusiasts love to blast CP for only being a "thrill" park. So how would removing ID, which is obviously on the lesser end of coaster thrills, help that cause?

Precisely this :D I don't like Mantis, yet I never wish CP to remove it :P. Just choose not to ride it.

I do not HATE Mantis but it is only about a one time ride for me due to the pain it puts on my legs. It is very fun though, the first drop is awesome and then the loop gives you an effect that you can't find on many coasters, you are standing up upside down.

Mantis is not that bad, but I only take a spin once when I visit. The stand-up coaster I cannot do is the TOGO model, I am 6'4" and the restraints kill my shoulders, I even tried the Shockwave at KD and the same problem. The B&M version doesn't seem to bother me at all.

I agree. I only ride it once or twice a visit and really try to wait for the front because it is the most comfortable for me. Shockwave's restraints are extremely uncomfortable, and it didn't help that the second half of the ride was extremely rough. I don't remember King Cobra being that uncomfortable, but then again it's been 9 years since I rode King Cobra! :D

I dont hate any coasters, I take each of them as there own individual package. It nice to be able to get a different experience, ID is a great coaster IMO, My lil cousin loved it. He not tall enough for the other rides and when he found out he could ride ID he was over excited because it was a big kid ride, and he got to ride it with everyone. And mantis Is one of my Favs. It doesn't Replace Chang in my heart but Its a fun ride. I love the hang time you get on the first loop, and I have found that if you dont lock your knees IT does't hurt as bad. Its one of those rides you just have to learn when to push up with you feet and when to relax them. I never have problems with pain.

I dont hate any coasters, I take each of them as there own individual package. It nice to be able to get a different experience, ID is a great coaster IMO, My lil cousin loved it. He not tall enough for the other rides and when he found out he could ride ID he was over excited because it was a big kid ride, and he got to ride it with everyone. And mantis Is one of my Favs. It doesn't Replace Chang in my heart but Its a fun ride. I love the hang time you get on the first loop, and I have found that if you dont lock your knees IT does't hurt as bad. Its one of those rides you just have to learn when to push up with you feet and when to relax them. I never have problems with pain.

OOPs didnt mean to double post. Browser froze up on me

It seems whenever people complain about stand-ups, they don't know how to ride it, or they simply don't like the feeling of extra force on your legs. I personally love stand-ups. I wish there were more around, and I wish I would've gotten to ride King Cobra.

I am a big fan on Mantis, it may not have the hang time chang had on the first loop and the floater on the section under the MCBR, which was really fun to get while standing, but Mantis has a more aggressive feel and makes it more exciting. I'd say Chang is better, but not by much.

Iron Dragon I like too. Yes it's really tame, and before I rode I was laughing at people that would be having a good time on it, while I was in line for TTD. But I ended up riding twice, and it was pretty fun. And I liked how the line on it wasn't really long. (at least when I went)

I like Flight Deck better, but Iron Dragon has like a nice easy, yet fun ride at the beginning. Then the second part, is really quite fun with the fog and the more aggressive turns. (aggressive used loosely) I would be sad to see it go, but it wouldn't be devastating.