New Coney Mall Picture

TheBeastLover

If you look up by Subway you can see all the dirt and everything from last picture, you're just seeing more this time around. I'm extremely interested to see the final product, nice to see Coney Mall get some attention, and I'm loving all these off season updates from Kings Island!

EDIT: here is my post from the other topic

How do you guys even know they removed the trees right there? In the construction pic, it is taken at a slight angle looking toward subway. Look at the overhead shot that TG1993 posted. Those trees near the lamp posts in that particular midway center "island" are a few feet away from the lamp posts. They might just be out of the picture!

I think that's why I rarely post here anymore. People were complaining about trees getting torn down. I try and bring up a valid point that maybe you just couldn't see the trees in the picture, and they were just barely out of the frame (I mean, you can clearly see their shadown in that other construction picture\)

and what do people do? They completely ignore my post and continue complaining about trees getting removed, that may have not even have been removed at all?

I hope they're putting in cobblestone bricks there, too. All the areas they've replaced the blacktop with that really look good. I would like to see the whole park

done in that. Canada's Wonderland is completely done in it. I'd like to see Cedar Point get it, too. Blacktop is so hard on your feet when you spend a whole day at

a park and have to walk on it.

I hope they're putting in cobblestone bricks there, too. All the areas they've replaced the blacktop with that really look good. I would like to see the whole park

done in that. Canada's Wonderland is completely done in it. I'd like to see Cedar Point get it, too. Blacktop is so hard on your feet when you spend a whole day at

a park and have to walk on it.

Over By Behemoth it has the cobblestones and Slegehammer. Planet Snoppy has it to but some parts are still black top at Wonderland. If anyone who has not yet been to Canada's Wonderland its a wonderful park and they have awsome Coasters.

The sand you see is used for underlayment. Expect to see Coney Mall get similar treatment to Rivertown and stop complaining!

You are whining about trees and schrubs that could easily be stuck in a greenhouse or even just left outside with their root balls covered with mulch.

Really? What other color would you like to see in the pavers? Pavers naturally have to be earth tones, as that is the color of the ingredients that go into making them. I think the pavers will make Coney Mall look nice, regardless of the color. They will certainly brighten up the area, with the old asphalt removed.

I don't think the color of the Snoopy/Rivertown pavers would fit in Coney Mall as well.

They already have that type of thing down by Vortex and Spongebob. I think that looks and feels real nice! I'd love them to do the whole section in that!

Except I think those might be getting axed to make way for the same brick pavers seen in Rivertown or even the newer pavers up at the front gate. I really want to see the Coney buildings get a nice new paint scheme to give the area an even fresher look come Opening Day, though.

I don't think the color of the Snoopy/Rivertown pavers would fit in Coney Mall as well.

They already have that type of thing down by Vortex and Spongebob. I think that looks and feels real nice! I'd love them to do the whole section in that!

Those ones are white and black. I just don't think the brown pavers would go with the red brick planters.

I really hope they fix the Arcade signs. At the end of 2010, one was totally missing, and one barely worked.