Guess Who's Getting a Paint Job

BoddaH1994

^ At one time, some believed that the track was rusting due to the *RED* color, unaware of the track's original colors.

Then the belief was the paint chipping proves the ride is being removed.

There was also belief the chipping paint was going to cause lead poisoning.

etc. etc.etc.

^ At one time, some believed that the track was rusting due to the *RED* color, unaware of the track's original colors.

Then the belief was the paint chipping proves the ride is being removed.

There was also belief the chipping paint was going to cause lead poisoning.

etc. etc.etc.

So whats the purpose of the video?

Guest rcfreak339

And how does wheel material build up do that? I think it's a case of the original video owner not knowing what he's talking about (in this case filming).

Paul most likely knows more about it then you, no wait...He DOES know more about then you.

Just sayin.

Guest rcfreak339

Then it's kind of ironic and hypocritical of you to call out Paul don't you think?

You are unaware of his or mines, although I may or may not have them.

Guest rcfreak339

^What the hell are your "credentials"? I never said you didn't know anything...you, like most of us know some things but you most likely have no clue what you are talking about. You are no more special then us.

Paint chips & Wheel build up, Does it really matter honestly? Paul posted the video showing us that Flight Deck needed to be painted and it's been a long time coming. Not to start some big mess over. Yesh...just drop it.

Actually, there's a huge difference between a paint chip and wheel material build up. Wheel material build up proves nothing in regards to needing a new paint job, which is what our dear friend Paul has recorded. BTW, the people that matter know my credentials and frankly, you don't matter.

Guest rcfreak339

AZ Kinda Guy, rather you're right or wrong, there's this thing called not being a dick online. You may wanna give it a try sometime.

For gods sakes it's JUST stupid paint chips and wheel build up, just shut up and drop it.

AZ Kinda Guy, rather you're right or wrong, there's this thing called not being a dick online. You may wanna give it a try sometime.

For gods sakes it's JUST stupid paint chips and wheel build up, just shut up and drop it.

I do believe you were the one who called me out initially. BTW, I'm right.

Guest rcfreak339

^First time Iv'e ever said this on KIC.

You ARE the biggest douche bag Iv'e met on here, I quite frankly don't give the two craps if you're right or wrong. My opinion on the subject won't change, so stop trying.

I'm trying to defend someone, I never "called you out".

Last time I'm responding to you.

And how does wheel material build up do that? I think it's a case of the original video owner not knowing what he's talking about (in this case filming).

Paul most likely knows more about it then you, no wait...He DOES know more about then you.

Just sayin.

Hmmmmm.... Looks like you're challenging my credentials there. All I did was mention the fact that the wheel material build up was being falsely recorded as paint chips. Show me again where I "attacked" our good friend Paul or even you?

Guest rcfreak339

Yes, I know. I should have contacted the poster via PM. I went to far, I broke TOS.

Sorry for my posts in this top regarding AZKindaGuy...Delete them if you wish.

I am totally willing to accept that AZ Kinda Guy knows more about coasters than MOST of us will know on this board...but there is a right way and a wrong way to "enlighten" all of us lowly "fanboys".

His original post about the video simply said:

So whats the purpose of the video?

Now wouldn't it have been a lot nicer to Paul, and at the same time inform the uneducated to post something like this:

I just thought I would point out a common misconception. The close-up video of Flight Deck's rails is not in fact chipping paint, it is residue from the wheels which builds up over a period of time.

AZ Kinda Guy's next post was even less kind:

I will bow to AZ Kinda Guy's superior knowledge...but I prefer to learn from polite posters such as Shaggy and The Interpreter who do not make me feel like a fool when I make a mistake.

Is it any wonder that this board is becoming a ghost town. :(

Most would. And the fact that posters like Terpy, Shaggy, and RZ are willing to answer the same 'silly' questions and deal with the same misinformation dozens of times is what makes them so valuable to these boards.

Everyone is a novice once. There was a time when Terpy knew nothing about coasters, Monroe about planes, etc. Everyone here (presumably) has some interest in KI. It's only through positive, polite conversation that that interest grows into a true love for our park and our hobby. Many of us will never know and third of what a few others do and frankly that's why I visit. To learn. So maybe one day I can be one of the 5 instead of one of the 50.

*Fixed to give RZ his due credit