Guess Who's Getting a Paint Job

BoddaH1994

I want neon green and hot pink for the new colors. New theme BACK to the 80s!

Yes Please!

Don't joke!

Crazy colors are not out of the question.

From our friends at PointBuzz:

http://pointbuzz.com/Photos/Photo.aspx?id=773

;)

I wasn't joking! I'd love it. In that picture my favorite color, purple, was one of them but mixed with neon green is too much....neon green and pink however are not! :)

AZ Kinda Guy, rather you're right or wrong, there's this thing called not being a dick online. You may wanna give it a try sometime.

For gods sakes it's JUST stupid paint chips and wheel build up, just shut up and drop it.

I do believe you were the one who called me out initially. BTW, I'm right.

Now your getting personal AZ. I bet you do have more "creditability" then all of us here, but that doesn't give you a right to be disrespectful to other members here.

Most would. And the fact that posters like Terpy, Shaggy, and EZ are willing to answer the same 'silly' questions and deal with the same misinformation dozens of times is what makes them so valuable to these boards.

I recognize Shaggy and Terpy, but who is this "EZ" poster you speak of? ;)

I think it will certainly be interesting to see if there are any color changes occurring to Flight Deck. Based on the color of the primer, it would appear that they are not changing the color too drastically. Otherwise, they likely would have used a tinted primer. (That is what they did when they painted the Firehawk track red. They first painted it a brown color primer.

Which is kind of unfortunate, because the gray supports and silver track just seem so drab and unexciting. If they made the track a more vivid color that contrasted with the supports more, it would make the ride pop some more. Which would be a good thing, since it is kind of off the beaten path, considering the length of the line and exit to get back to it! But at any rate, it is nice to see a ride getting repainted. Maybe i`m just spoiled with the Python at Coney that went from a faded green track to a bright yellow with black rails paint job for this past season (not to mention colorful flags were added to the top of the ride).

• Like 1

I know I tend to be anti-Cedar Fair, but I really like what they're doing for 2011. Beast rode this year like it was in need of some retracking, and we all know about Flight Deck's paint. Beast is being retracked, and FD's getting a long-overdue repaint. Coney Mall's asphalt got pretty nastily hot during the summer, and now it's being paved with bricks. And, while I confess that I'm not overly excited for WindSeeker, that end of Coney Mall needed an addition badly. Way to go, CF!

...Yeah, can't believe I just said that. laugh.gif

• Like 1

Well Woodstock Express and Flying Ace were a change of theme, new names for a new area of the park. The reason I think Flight Deck will stay the same color is that nothing is changing about it but a new paint job. I would love for new colors, I think CoastersRZ has been throwing around something like Nighthawk at Carowinds, I think that would be great, but to put it simply I would be more surprised (pleasantly surprised of course) if they changed the colors, than I would be if it were to stay the same.

This is by no means me looking for something to complain about, I'm thrilled that it is getting repainted and about everything else going on, this is just my opinion on what I think will happen.

• Like 1

I want neon green and hot pink for the new colors. New theme BACK to the 80s!

Yes Please!

Don't joke!

Crazy colors are not out of the question.

From our friends at PointBuzz:

http://pointbuzz.com...oto.aspx?id=773

;)

I wasn't joking! I'd love it. In that picture my favorite color, purple, was one of them but mixed with neon green is too much....neon green and pink however are not! :)

neon green & purple only work well when there is a light touch of neon green & heavy touch of purple. other way around is almost an abomination to the eyes.

• Like 1

Which is kind of unfortunate, because the gray supports and silver track just seem so drab and unexciting. If they made the track a more vivid color that contrasted with the supports more, it would make the ride pop some more. Which would be a good thing, since it is kind of off the beaten path, considering the length of the line and exit to get back to it! But at any rate, it is nice to see a ride getting repainted. Maybe i`m just spoiled with the Python at Coney that went from a faded green track to a bright yellow with black rails paint job for this past season (not to mention colorful flags were added to the top of the ride).

Yes... Two sets, each with six flags, above Pepsi Python's turns. I found it the most interesting...

I also must point out, to the people who say a paint job proves Flight Deck will not be removed in the near future, King Cobra received its final paint job but two years before its ultimate removal. Especially with the FUN times in Sandusky, changes in plans are just as likely as, say, Kinzel leaving Cedar Fair at (or by) the date his current contract expires.

• Like 1

I also must point out, to the people who say a paint job proves Flight Deck will not be removed in the near future, King Cobra received its final paint job but two years before its ultimate removal.

So are you saying that FD is having the same metal fatigue issues that led to the removal of KC?

• Like 1

I also must point out, to the people who say a paint job proves Flight Deck will not be removed in the near future, King Cobra received its final paint job but two years before its ultimate removal.

So are you saying that FD is having the same metal fatigue issues that led to the removal of KC?

I would like to think that CF/KI would at least fix or repair the metal fatigue problems rather that painting over the rust and saying thats its good to go.

I was reading about how the park was trying to sell KC for $3 mill, Thats probably why it got a paint job! Maybe the plan on selling FD and making room for the " massive coaster for KI 40 th" LOL!!

Whatever plans Cedar Fair has for the future of Flight Deck are prone to change.

Kinzel and friends might want Flight Deck to stay in operation for many more years. FUN might, too... Or not. We'll have to wait and see what change FUN intends on Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, if any change at all.

Whatever plans Cedar Fair has for the future of Flight Deck are prone to change.

Kinzel and friends might want Flight Deck to stay in operation for many more years. FUN might, too... Or not. We'll have to wait and see what change FUN intends on Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, if any change at all.

Ok...?

So are you still saying that FD is having the same metal fatigue issues that led to the removal of KC?

I will find it amazing if Flight Deck had not received damage, being exposed directly to the elements for such a long time. I expect minor metal corrosion to have taken place; ie. rust caused by the chemical reaction between steel and rain water, or in many cases, water vapor.

Metal fatigue is completely different a problem, not often related to the lack of or absence of a protective covering to the structure. Metal fatigue relates to the grade of the metal (which may be effected by corrosion), and the overall stress exhibited on the structure. To my knowledge, Flight Deck has no such problem.

I am by no means an expert on this topic, so if I'm making any error, I'm open for any corrections.

Edited by Coney Islander