Guess Who's Getting a Paint Job

BoddaH1994

I don't believe they hyped anything. As a PR major, all I seen them do is inform their publics of what is going on during the off-season. This is basic PR.

As someone who holds a job in Marketing Communications, I can tell you those PR positions require a certain level of grammatical acumen.

I am confused as to what you consider Basic PR?

Basic PR in essence, is about managing reputation and perception and establishing good relationships with key stakeholders.

Perhaps you could shed some light on the issue for me...

Thanks

And how does wheel material build up do that? I think it's a case of the original video owner not knowing what he's talking about (in this case filming).

Paul most likely knows more about it then you, no wait...He DOES know more about then you.

Just sayin.

Hmmmmm.... Looks like you're challenging my credentials there. All I did was mention the fact that the wheel material build up was being falsely recorded as paint chips. Show me again where I "attacked" our good friend Paul or even you?

I just want to see a post NOT degrade into petty arguments, arrogance and name calling :(

I believe that Paul's video was just to point out that as a train rides across the track things build up or peel off and lead to the track looking horrid. That's all. Paul's a funny man. I honestly think i might keel over if he wasn't trying to make someone smile or laugh or what have you. People take things WAY too seriously! around here lately.... And this goes for darned near everyone! People complain about the "ghost town" this place has become. Case in point #274. I mean seriously people, why the heck are we pettily arguing over every little nit picking thing! Can i start a thread just to argue about whatever to keep it from taking up all these pages! I'm pretty sure from what I counted as legitimate posts about the paint job comes to about 2 pages, maybe part of a 3rd but9/10?!?!?! Seriously?! Is everyone on this board 12?! Because the ADULTS are acting worse than the younguns on here sometimes! (no offense ;) ) Can't we all just get along?! lol

and now back to your regularly scheduled thread :P

I want neon green and hot pink for the new colors. New theme BACK to the 80s!

Thank you for the spit take :P But I'm totally all up about this! or hot pink and black :)

Is it lame to keep the same colors? ummm. yeah.

Are they going to change it? probably not as its probably more cost effective in terms of primer.

Could it change colors? I mean really? Have we never seen a coaster track change colors ffs?! Ok rumor mill fed and I'm off here for another couple months until things start to change. Ugh.

Well said Stalkerchick, That is the main reason my post and visits have significantly dwindled so drastically, I enjoy this site but miss the the days when all opinions were valued and through discussion we all learned from each other with differing opinions or experiences.

Guest rcfreak339

I'm sorry for what I said earlier in the topic, It was my fault and I have apoligized as so. Can we now drop it please? I was in a angry mood and I will never show my anger again on the forums again. I have PM'd AZKindaGuy and apologized.

Okay, On topic:

I'm sort of bummed that the color hasn't changed, but when you see the fresh coat of paint in person I'll be willing to bet that many of you that called it "over hype" will change your minds. Even in the pictures the grey looks amazing compared to the old faded color.

Yes I to Have noticed that people on hear need to Stop and Think before they post you know who you are.

Also STOP ASKING ABOUT Son of Beast and Making new topics about it. When the park wants to anounce whats going on with it they will tell.

One last thing there are many people on this site who have worked/work at Kings Island or have worked in the Amusement Park Industry. there are things they can/cannot say.

This Is a Great Communtiy and I have met many of people on hear who have became really close in my Life. I know Many of you are young on hear and you want to learn about Kings Island but keep in mind that The small suff in life dont really matter.

amen pkiboy. I come to this site alot, but mainly sit back and read. Its nice, but all the bickering is getting old. I tend to keep my mouth shut and not say anything, but it makes it hard when you want to stay up to date, and you have to sort through page after page, of people arguing/ Yes these are forms, yes everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Even if someone has made a mistake or are unsure about what they are posting, doesnt mean that we should send back rude comments, just explain "NICELY" that they are wrong and correct them.

As for SOB. I am wanting to find out just as much info as I can, but I do know that time will tell, just relax and chill out. I agree with pkiboy that when the park is ready they will speak.

On a lighter note. I love that FD is getting painted. It would be nice to see a new color added to it, but what ever the park decides is better then what it has looked like in the past.

Off Topic:

Beast1979, I just noticed your signature banner is part of the Who's "Tommy" album cover .

Nice!! Thanks for the memory.

On Topic:

I believe if they painted FD Black and Pink, the coaster would go alot faster.

Also someone mentioned FOF needing a paint job, How do you know it needs painting when it's for the most part DARK in there?

Well said Stalkerchick, That is the main reason my post and visits have significantly dwindled so drastically, I enjoy this site but miss the the days when all opinions were valued and through discussion we all learned from each other with differing opinions or experiences.

I agree 100% with both of your sentiments. So many members that have valuable insight and opinions no longer share them because there is no point. The arguements about nothing, opinions being disrespected, and folks not sharing their experiences like they once did. The days of PKIC Survivor (Avatar stranded on a desolate island anyone), memorable trip reports, information and knowledge sharing by folks that knew of what they spoke, and discussions that were just plain fun. I remember when the off seasson was one of the best times to be a KIC member, but anymore it doesn't seem the case.

I am to the point where I am even considering not posting my PTR from our trip to Yosemite or even one from our trip to Dollywood this weekend. I wonder if other members are feeling the same way. Avatar where is your Florida PTR? Almost seems like the community is gone.

There is a saying, "Don't sweat the small stuff...It's all small stuff"

I have learned over the past few weeks to cherish every moment given. No need to spend it bickering. Enjoy what life has to offer, you never know when it can be yanked from underneath you. We all have our thoughts, opinions and concerns, but there is no need to berate others for theirs.

I don't think we're hitting a junction of the community falling apart, the supressed working class plotting to overthrow the Bourgeoisie or any kind of poltically driven assassination attempts. The sad fact of the matter is that on this or any message board you're going to have a small handful of people who have such trivial existances that they must make a contrary point (whatever it may be) on any subject matter. Just like in real life, ignore them and move on.

I don't think we're hitting a junction of the community falling apart, the supressed working class plotting to overthrow the Bourgeoisie or any kind of poltically driven assassination attempts. The sad fact of the matter is that on this or any message board you're going to have a small handful of people who have such trivial existances that they must make a contrary point (whatever it may be) on any subject matter. Just like in real life, ignore them and move on.

Thats what you think Ryan...

I agree 100% with both of your sentiments. So many members that have valuable insight and opinions no longer share them because there is no point. The arguements about nothing, opinions being disrespected, and folks not sharing their experiences like they once did. The days of PKIC Survivor (Avatar stranded on a desolate island anyone), memorable trip reports, information and knowledge sharing by folks that knew of what they spoke, and discussions that were just plain fun. I remember when the off seasson was one of the best times to be a KIC member, but anymore it doesn't seem the case.

I am to the point where I am even considering not posting my PTR from our trip to Yosemite or even one from our trip to Dollywood this weekend. I wonder if other members are feeling the same way. Avatar where is your Florida PTR? Almost seems like the community is gone.

I haven't noticed any of that... Sure there are disagreements and such, but that is typical during any get- together of knowledgeable individuals.

Certain once core members have stopped posting recently, but there are even greater a number of new members who have great quality stuff to add to the discussion.

Although, the offseason games were definitely a blast. This is a good time to remind people, ideas for offseason games can be sent to any one of the moderators for approval.

That being said, I've only been a member for a little over two years... So my opinion is very likely biased to what others have experienced. (Opinion~ But, having looked at the archives, I must say the forum is a considerably more positive place now than it was in 2002... And, more recently, at the dawn of Diamondback.~ Opinion)

• Like 1

I tell you what RailRider seeing you post more lately and from a few others has given me hope that things can turn for the better during this off-season. I still laugh about the Island incident and many other fun times I have had with some of the best people I have met anywhere. KIC still in my opinion has some of the best members with both a heart and a fun light hearted side to them, which makes KIC more like a community fan site versus just a fan site. I tell you what buddy I will work on that trip report and in return please try and post yours as I am very interested in seeing your experiences. Plus the fact that we can see beutiful Cloe growing before our eyes is a great bonus for us.

I hear you there BoddaH1994, the problem I fear is that many are following your advice and moving on and worst not posting. This community is resilient and becomes better with every season that passes as many life long friendships have been entrusted. One way or another those friendships will endure and I hope they keep forming right here.

Now on topic; I too am a little disappointed in just a gray color scheme but just a little as I did not expect them to change it. I am just glad to see it being done as I think it will help the ride not look run down.

I tell you what RailRider seeing you post more lately and from a few others has given me hope that things can turn for the better during this off-season. I still laugh about the Island incident and many other fun times I have had with some of the best people I have met anywhere. KIC still in my opinion has some of the best members with both a heart and a fun light hearted side to them, which makes KIC more like a community fan site versus just a fan site. I tell you what buddy I will work on that trip report and in return please try and post yours as I am very interested in seeing your experiences. Plus the fact that we can see beutiful Cloe growing before our eyes is a great bonus for us.

I will make you a deal and get some of my long delayed Trip Reports up as long as you do the same. Like you said this is a community fan site and we need to refocus on the community aspect.

Also I as well am happy that FD is getting some fresh paint even if it is staying the same.

I haven't noticed any of that... Sure there are disagreements and such, but that is typical during any get- together of knowledgeable individuals.

Certain once core members have stopped posting recently, but there are even greater a number of new members who have great quality stuff to add to the discussion.

Although, the offseason games were definitely a blast. This is a good time to remind people, ideas for offseason games can be sent to any one of the moderators for approval.

That being said, I've only been a member for a little over two years... So my opinion is very likely biased to what others have experienced. (Opinion~ But, having looked at the archives, I must say the forum is a considerably more positive place now than it was in 2002... And, more recently, at the dawn of Diamondback.~ Opinion)

Coney Islander I am sorry you have not been here long enough to understand where I was coming from in my post (but wish you were) but I know those who have do and more important those that can make a big difference do. I do feel with every new member who joins, this site becomes better as all opinions and points of view help us all understand the amusement park and Kings Island better. I will be the first to admit that I have lots to learn about the amusement park business and owe most of what I do know to KICentral. See it's members like yourself who contribute which makes this place what it is so please do not misunderstand me as saying KICentral is a bad place to go visit but my current opinion is KICentral falls way short of its full potential. But I know all members old and young, new or soiled have a love for Kings Island and love to discuss it here while making great friends. I am glad you are here and contribute with your opinions and thoughts from your point of view and experience. I will Just add one more though here I am glad to have been a member here and enjoyed everything it has given me through the years but more importantly I am thankful of the great friendships that I have now due to this site.

I must agree that far too many threads deteriorate into petty bickering these days. But there have been some great times over the years. For example, it was just about a year ago that we were protesting at Mason City Council against the amusement tax. Lets hope that things become more civil and that there are more good moments awaiting us in the future.

And I think the arguments would be lessened if some, myself included, remembered to avoid feeding the trolls.

Not on the official topic - I will eagerly await the Avatar and RailRider PTR's! There are some things that make this forum great - and PTR's from you guys are part of it. I have enjoyed the time I've spent on this forum, have learned a lot, and met some great people, but have also enjoyed reading and learning from people I have not yet met just as much.

On the official topic - I took a drive through the GWL parking lot yesterday to see Flight Deck in person. I think it is looking good - there is a clear contrast between the rails and supports. Looking at it made me want to get out there and ride it. Would I prefer a different color scheme, yes. Is it a big deal either way, no.

I've been holding my tounge about this off-topic/ topic since I am in no way innocent of back & forth bickering, but there were some comments about the discussions back in the day that got me thinking.

What has changed from when I first became a member in 2003 vs. today?

Perhaps my answer/ idea is all wrong, but, the biggest change is the ownership change from Paramount to CF.

Now most of the "younger" members do not know KI other than under the Paramount tag so they will be more passionate to the way it was before CF, just like I am more passionate to KI prior to Paramount's ownership. This same theory can be attribute to how some feel about SoB (being their first coaster), or KI vs. CP (since KI is their "home" park) etc.

Being passionate about something leads to personal feelings. When someone does not agree with something that I feel to have a personal connection with I am more apt to have a closed mind. Those same feelings will sometimes carry over to numerous discussions and inflate a petty issue into a heated exchange.

But we all also have to understand, this is an internet discussion forum- disagreeing is nature of The Beast. We all have many opinions, and some of us are more vocal about them than others (except me ;) ). Some of the back & forth activity does bring out the best of information as each party will bring up evidence supporting their claim. That "evidence" can open many doors to information that is normally not discussed.

The one thing that is certain: we all love KI, and have nothing but the best intentions for the future of the park.

And in the spirit of staying on trend with this topic: I'll wait to form an opinion on the paint job until I can see it in person.

Guest rcfreak339

Obaby lets get back on topic!

I'd really love to see more updates put on to Flight Deck such as, themeing, colors and just a better look. Painting it even if it is just a bland grey is a good step in the right direction.