Guess Who's Getting a Paint Job

BoddaH1994

Guest rcfreak339

Has anyone got a picture of the new paint job?

I would like to see Racer be the next on the "to-paint list"

Same, I'd love to see The Racer go back to it's original Red, White and Blue paint scheme. It would does wonders with a Coney mall revamp.

Good morning everyone, Happy Thanksgiving. Wow it was tough reading some of the posts on here. I think we all need to agree that FD is getting a much needed paint job. I do like the Afterburn paint scheme, or whatever Kings Island comes up with. Anyone following the Texas Giant rehab? I would love to see this happen to SOB. If not maybe remove it(I hate saying that) and put a nice woodie, like the Voyage.

Anyone following the Texas Giant rehab? I would love to see this happen to SOB. If not maybe remove it(I hate saying that) and put a nice woodie, like the Voyage.

You might want to start reading, say, about here:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21000&view=findpost&p=410684

And:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21732&st=0

Terp, tryin' to be helpful

I dunno, it seems lazy to me that they're not only leaving the track the same color, but they also wont be painting the supports. I mean yes, it'll probably look much better come opening day, but from my perspective, choosing only to paint the track and to keep it the same color seems pretty half hearted, compared to the absolutely grand job they did with Planet Snoopy last offseason. It just shows to me that they're capable than so much more then what they're doing.

Each park in the Cedar Fair chain has an established budget...and must keep its expenditures within the established budget. I seem to remember a number of factors...from the company's debt to a large wooden structure with an unannounced future to a refurbishment of a certain area of the park in Mason.

Yes, if money grew on trees...(or the Kinzel family were paid much less...)

I'm to the point where, as long as a ride is properly maintained (including the way it looks), keep it. I feel there will be precious few parks someday with operating coasters like we now have. They will have the new track, ala Texas Giant, and new steel concoctions but then everyone will want what we have now, and it will have become too expensive to duplicate.

Paint the tracks any color you want - just keep the rides going!

Well said Stalkerchick, That is the main reason my post and visits have significantly dwindled so drastically, I enjoy this site but miss the the days when all opinions were valued and through discussion we all learned from each other with differing opinions or experiences.

It's been awhile Jesse I and I am sure others have missed your posts. But I haven't been posting either I tend to stay away from argumentative subjects. I post more about video games and I stay in our Fantasy Football discussion mainly.

I agree 100% with both of your sentiments. So many members that have valuable insight and opinions no longer share them because there is no point. The arguements about nothing, opinions being disrespected, and folks not sharing their experiences like they once did. The days of PKIC Survivor (Avatar stranded on a desolate island anyone), memorable trip reports, information and knowledge sharing by folks that knew of what they spoke, and discussions that were just plain fun. I remember when the off seasson was one of the best times to be a KIC member, but anymore it doesn't seem the case.

I am to the point where I am even considering not posting my PTR from our trip to Yosemite or even one from our trip to Dollywood this weekend. I wonder if other members are feeling the same way. Avatar where is your Florida PTR? Almost seems like the community is gone.

I have my whole 7 park trip that I didn't post this year because it seems almost pointless to post. Besides Terpy and a select few others no one really reads the actual trip report they just want pictures. The other reason I think I don't post is much because the people who I actually care to talk to I either hang out with or I talk to on Facebook.

...some people aren't on Facebook and aren't close enough by to hang out with.

And know that for every person who says they like your trip reports and read them, there are hundreds more. This site is read by many, many times more people than just those who post here. I love trip reports, and I am not alone. We are all good at different things...I post but don't take pictures, not even occasional ones...some here have incredible descriptive skills and convey well what they mean while not meeting what some would demand...strict adherence to the Queen's English. Some of my favorite posters here write in such a fashion, and I love seeing their posts. Yet others here feel deeply about the community, and are the first to reach out and help. That mix, and most here a mix of many different kinds, if you will, is what makes this place so great.

Please don't hold back on something because you think it isn't appreciated. I can assure you that it is. And don't let a few arguments and complaints by some people ruin this place. A few negative people could ruin this entire community...and I, for one, don't want to see that.

Terp, who is thankful for many things, and this place...and more importantly the people here, are among them!

...some people aren't on Facebook and aren't close enough by to hang out with.

And know that for every person who says they like your trip reports and read them, there are hundreds more. This site is read by many, many times more people than just those who post here. I love trip reports, and I am not alone. We are all good at different things...I post but don't take pictures, not even occasional ones...some here have incredible descriptive skills and convey well what they mean while not meeting what some would demand...strict adherence to the Queen's English. Some of my favorite posters here write in such a fashion, and I love seeing their posts. Yet others here feel deeply about the community, and are the first to reach out and help. That mix, and most here a mix of many different kinds, if you will, is what makes this place so great.

Please don't hold back on something because you think it isn't appreciated. I can assure you that it is. And don't let a few arguments and complaints by some people ruin this place. A few negative people could ruin this entire community...and I, for one, don't want to see that.

Terp, who is thankful for many things, and this place...and more importantly the people here, are among them!

You know, for the past year or so I have held back on many things, simply because of the "I am an expert and you aren't" mentality on the forum. The last great thing I posted was my Alaska trip. I say, if you don't like what someone says, don't come off as an expert and berate them for what they posted. Kindly correct them without making them look like a fool. There are a few on here who thrive on that, and my thought is if I'm gonna be treated like I am at work, why bother? This is supposed to be a fun thing, not a competition. Those who do know more on here, I would appreciate listening to-just don't talk down to me for not knowing. I admit I'm one can short of a six pack, and really would like to know more, but I don't want the public humiliation of asking a question, and being made to look like an idiot.

Guess I was wrong about my speculation of FD being removed. I am extremely pleased they are painting it. Keeping up with that is such an expensive endeavour and I noticed even DB's seats are starting to fade. Strength of the sun I guess.

Ultra violet rays from the sun can be treacherous on materials. (And not just fading paint either, but even building materials have been known to break down if not protected from the sun`s ultra violet rays). It is the ultra violet rays that is in part responsible for the fading of colors. Take a look at Invertigo, and you will notice that its once shiny red has faded to a pink color. Certain colors are more prone to fading than others (reds and purples are notorious for fading quicker, but it also depends on the chemical make up and grade of the paint.

• Like 1

Since my eye surgery, I HAVE TO wear sunglasses everytime I go out of the house - even if the sun is not shining brightly - due to those rays. When I ride coasters, off they come, but when the train pulls back into the station, they're back on my face. (most of the on ride pics of me show me "naked", and since I always wear glasses, I NEVER look like myself, so I don't buy the photo and I save a bit of money!)

I wear my glasses when I go on my coasters. There are a few rides that I don`t trust my glasses normally with, and then wear a strap. Of course, one ride that I was told I HAD to remove my glasses, even with the strap, was Nighthawk at Carowinds. Even though their map said that glasses could be worn on that ride, provided they were secured with an athletic strap. I have ridden Top Thrill Dragster with the strap on my glasses, no problem.

And then Interpreter will tell you that at Knott`s, glasses are all but forbidden on most rides. Even when secured with a strap!

And that is why I do knott go there. I hope that changes some day, but until it does, they won't see me as I can't see going there until that rule changes. I have been to SoCal several times in recent years, once right outside Knott's gate, even. But I shant go back to the berry farm for any reason until that preposterous rule changes. Some of us need to PROTECT our eyes, and are going to do that...if that means I cannot ride a certain coaster, then so be it.

And I will be getting a strap and wearing my glasses more-park maps, putting batteries in smoke detectors, little things like that I can't see anymore. I cant even see my cell screen to text these days :(.

Night vision is a problem as well. I noticed this morning I couldn't see the back of my desktop to reconnect cables.

Back on topic.....

If KI decides they don't like the paint color choice for FD, maybe they could send the paint crews, with the leftover paint, up to my place in Toledo and do the indside of my house. It's not the exact color I want, but if it's free and the labor is too, what the heck.

I'm still wondering if there won't be an additional color added to FD before all is said and done. It's not like CF to be blah with paint. The Charles Mann Co. here in Toledo has painted coasters for CF in the past. I personally know Chuck Mann and he told me that even though each job requires specially mixed colors, CF demanded more brilliance and, because of the weather conditions, more durability. Painting a coaster isn't cheap. Now, I don't know the answer to this, but if a private company was contracted to paint FD, the present "color" may be as far as they go. Howeverm if it's being done "in park", maybe there's more to come.

I understand being supportive of a ride, but do we really have to lace our posts with so many puns about a coaster staying on the right track, Terpy?

As an aside, in my tenure at Coney, about the ONLY ride that has NOT been painted has been my beloved Wheel. And it has had rust spots showing on it for years. Some rides (like the helicopters) have been painted two or three times since I started working at Coney! I want my ride to get painted! It has received new lights since I started working there. But it only got half as many new lights as the lights they replaced. (It is now just a star formation, while it used to be a star and a circle formation of lights).

• Like 1