Worlds Fastest Roller Coaster

Thought this was interesting - some real F1 drivers taking on Formula Rossa. Perhaps just as interesting, though, this is MASSIVE amount of metallic debris that flies into the air as they crest the first hill. Uhh... What was that? And if it's what I think it is... Already? Check it out for yourself.

From what i read on a few of the other fan sites, it doesn't appeal to alot of people.

Most of the comments I've heard about the ride are people dissin it based of the POV. We don't need to have that discussion again do we? <- Not saying anything bad about Dalefan just those people who jusdge a ride based of a POV...without enough experience to do a good job.

I've seen some TRs that had really positive reviews...actually all the TRs I remember were positive.

Thought this was interesting - some real F1 drivers taking on Formula Rossa. Perhaps just as interesting, though, this is MASSIVE amount of metallic debris that flies into the air as they crest the first hill. Uhh... What was that? And if it's what I think it is... Already? Check it out for yourself.

How can you possibly identify that as metallic debris?

Okay, perhaps its marshmallow debris. Shouldn't be flying past the train anyway, should it?

Talk about argument for the sake of argument... Some sort of splintered, shiny shrapnel comes flying out from the general direction of the track and into the air, very close to the train. The person in the second row even physically reacts by glancing towards it and drawing his arms back. Unless a magical ghosty made its way into the video, something flew past the train. I doubt it was purposeful, and that's something worth talking about.

tggrr, I don't even understand what you would be arguing, unless you believe that whatever it is that flew past the train as it reached the trims is normal, usual, and planned. If that's your stance, say it. If your problem is my use of the word "metallic," then that's really something I'm not even about to argue. But something that was in many pieces went flying past the train, and I really, really don't think it was supposed to.

picture4az.png

picture2wbi.png

picture3cl.png

What is your obsession with not being questioned that it must be arguing on my part?

Moving on:

In the video captured from the Knott's incident, the metal pieces came directly at the riders.

Even in the TTD incident, the metal shards came directly at the riders.

In this video, they clearly do not as the pieces are off to the side of the train.

To me: the objects in question are simply pieces of safety glasses and other debris that fell off a previous rider that were hit by the train itself.

And most importantly: If they were metal pieces, wouldn't the ride would be shut down as a safety precaution?

looks like flying chocolate bars to me :)

Anyways my two cents.

1. Fast

2. Boring Layout

3. I wouldn't travel all that way just to ride it, when I can go ride Kingda Ka only a few hours away and enjoy a better layout and a nice view.

If they're going to make it 150/mph they should at least go ahead and make it the tallest coaster on the planet. IMO

3. I wouldn't travel all that way just to ride it, when I can go ride Kingda Ka only a few hours away and enjoy a better layout and a nice view.

Really? :blink:

I especially can't imagine thinking Kingda Ka's layout is better than any other coaster, but as far as view... Which is the "nice" one? :P

picture5jt.png

picture6nx.png

Really? :blink:

I especially can't imagine thinking Kingda Ka's layout is better than any other coaster, but as far as view... Which is the "nice" one? :P

picture5jt.png

picture6nx.png

Hmm I don't know what your vision of a nice view is , but I call seeing the sun set behind the tree lines a beautiful view.

The ride layout is a little meh. So many spots for some airtime, but the trains just go over the hills like a Togo jet coaster. As for the view, I rather be riding Formula Rossa. The outside of Ferrari world will look beautiful once it's completed and it's located next to Abu Dhabi. Great looking city.

I agree with Rumor smasher though, they should of just made the ride the tallest and added something onto the end. Not sure if they had enough room for that, but they could easily afford it.

Okay, perhaps its marshmallow debris. Shouldn't be flying past the train anyway, should it?

Talk about argument for the sake of argument... Some sort of splintered, shiny shrapnel comes flying out from the general direction of the track and into the air, very close to the train. The person in the second row even physically reacts by glancing towards it and drawing his arms back. Unless a magical ghosty made its way into the video, something flew past the train. I doubt it was purposeful, and that's something worth talking about.

picture4az.png

picture2wbi.png

picture3cl.png

My guess is that the debris we see is from a passenger, something falling out of a pocket. This happens a lot on coasters. You don't have to go upside down to lose things out of your pocket. Just my idea about that situation.

I agree with most of you on this, the layout is just kind of blah....would I go an ride it, to say I've ridden the World's Fastest Coaster....heck yeah I would.

^ That makes two of us.

And not to beat a dead horse, because it doesn't really matter at this point, but those two are in the front seat. There are no pockets in front of them for things to fly out of.

And what about the previous riders that could have had items fall out?

Many people, including myself, have complained about the limitation bringing items on rides (and thus charging an arm and a leg for lockers).

This video could be the poster-boy of why the parks have initiated these rules.

^ That makes two of us.

And not to beat a dead horse, because it doesn't really matter at this point, but those two are in the front seat. There are no pockets in front of them for things to fly out of.

And what about the previous riders that could have had items fall out?

Many people, including myself, have complained about the limitation bringing items on rides (and thus charging an arm and a leg for lockers).

This video could be the poster-boy of why the parks have initiated these rules.

And I get that. But is your suggestion that something that was in many, many pieces fell onto the tubular, circular steel track, balanced there, and then somehow got kicked up into the air by the first tire passing over top of it, but did not slow or shudder the train whatsoever? Because at the top of that hill, you're what, 170 feet in the air? This isn't something flying up from the ground; it would have to be something on or near the track. I do not see something falling from someone's pocket on the previous train, miraculously balancing on the track despite all laws of physics and the UAE winds, and then somehow deciding to shoot backwards past a speed train.

I'm not claiming that I know what it is, I'm only saying that there are many things we can most certainly agree it is not. The notion that these shattered, shrapnel-shaped pieces of whatever are flying through the air 170 feet off the ground makes it seem very unlikely that it's something that fell out of a previous rider's pocket.

No, it is not my suggestion that many, many pieces fell onto the track.

The items appear to be pieces of safety glasses that fell off a previous rider and were then hit by the next train. A train that heavy going that speed is not going to slow down or shudder when hitting a piece of plastic, paper or any other light material. The train would have ceratinly broken the glasses into many pieces, which does appear to happen.

And speaking of laws of physics, it is intresting & amazing what can be balanced given the right conditions:

If the objects were metal pieces, the train would have slowed and shuddered as you suggested, which in the video, clearly did not happen.

Also, the ride would have been shut down as a safety precaution if there were metal pieces, or sharp pieces, breaking off the train or track. The ride is still in operation and has not been shut down.

Sometimes the easist answer is the actual answer. Not everything needs to have a dramatic spin to it.

I'm wondering how often that happens ^^^

Probably as often as my chances to win the lottery are!

It has happened three times.

I know Wikipedia isn't always accurate, but

On very rare occasions a combination of the weight distribution of the train, the force of the launch, and the wind can stall a train on the top of the tower. This has happened on June 24, 2005,[2], October 25, 2008 and May 25, 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Thrill_Dragster