GWL mentioning Disney on their site...

alluna

So, today I'm on the mythical quest for a GWL promo code that will save me mucho $$$ for an online booking.

I came across this code 'CUB', in a message board. It is a code open to the general public (not a company employee code or anything), so I assume it's safe to share here.

Anyway, the real interesting part is that when this is entered into the booking system, the description comes up as: Promotional Rate: Disney Fall/Winter Offer

Disney? Okay, maybe it has something to do with me finding the code over at DisBoards, but still. DisBoards is not officially linked up to Disney, so using the 'Disney' name on their site when describing this code still seems a bit funky.

Just thought I'd put a bug in your ear, since it sure raised an eyebrow with me.

Disney is known to be a very opportunistic company, so their purchase of Great Wolf Resorts would not surprise me in the least bit. And, Disney has for a long time been known for suing whoever uses its name (without proper copyright). I'd guess the booking system is to a certain extent automated. In other words, the computer noticed a few key words and put the deal into a category, just so happening to be Disney.

Before anyone asks, this is pure speculation. (Isn't it fun?)

Edited by Coney Islander

Disney is known to be a very opportunistic company, so their purchase of Great Wolf Resorts would not surprise me in the least bit. And, Disney has for a long time been known for suing whoever uses its name (without proper copyright). I'd guess the booking system is to a certain extent automated. In other words, the computer noticed a few key words and put the deal into a category, just so happening to be Disney.

Before anyone asks, this is pure speculation. (Isn't it fun?)

Since when did Great Wolf Lodge become Disney? Maybe GWL and Disney have co-partnership deal going on.

Shouldn't this be in the other park category? GWL has nothing to do with KI.

Wow. Ouch. Didn't even want to discuss the topic and this is what you leave behind? Sorry you found this post so out of place. I hope you weren't offended too much??

Actually, I think that if Disney bought GWL, fans of KI would be VERY VERY interested. But that's just me.

I'd guess the booking system is to a certain extent automated. In other words, the computer noticed a few key words and put the deal into a category, just so happening to be Disney.

That's what leads me to wonder... that they have a category called 'Disney' coded into their system! Very interesting indeed, and much fun to speculate on!

Wow. Ouch. Didn't even want to discuss the topic and this is what you leave behind? Sorry you found this post so out of place. I hope you weren't offended too much??

Actually, I think that if Disney bought GWL, fans of KI would be VERY VERY interested. But that's just me.

I'd guess the booking system is to a certain extent automated. In other words, the computer noticed a few key words and put the deal into a category, just so happening to be Disney.

That's what leads me to wonder... that they have a category called 'Disney' coded into their system! Very interesting indeed, and much fun to speculate on!

I wasn't offended, just pointing out that it should be in the right location, so others interested in GWL stuff could see it. Not trying to be nasty or anything.

I wasn't offended, just pointing out that it should be in the right location, so others interested in GWL stuff could see it. Not trying to be nasty or anything.

Blah, I guess that's the disadvantage with the internet... cant' hear tone of voice. Sorry Ijumped to conclusions. Is there a GWL section on this board? I can't find it to save my life. I thought 'rumors' was a good fit, since it's unconfirmed info and me shifting my eyebrows about.

alluna - there have been various rumors through the years about Disney getting into the stand-alone water park resorts. Here is an article that talked about this very possibility clear back in 2007 http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9159&st=0&p=150174&fromsearch=1entry150174

Obviously nothing so far has happened at least from what we know, unless you count their under construction resort in Hawaii as a water park resort combo.

alluna - there have been various rumors through the years about Disney getting into the stand-alone water park resorts. Here is an article that talked about this very possibility clear back in 2007 http://www.KICentral...=1

Obviously nothing so far has happened at least from what we know, unless you count their under construction resort in Hawaii as a water park resort combo.

I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed!