Ark Bible Park In Kentucky?

...perhaps some comparison to Kentucky Kingdom? :)

Speaking of which, Ed Hart is supposedly available tonight* on In the Loop to answer questions...though it is his answers to the General Assembly in a state where the state park lodges are closed Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays for now that are probably far more important...

*According to Lance Hart and Screamscape, here:

http://www.screamsca...cky_kingdom.htm

And yet...the Cincinnati international airport is in Kentucky, and many fliers never realize that....

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't the State of Ohio own the airport and the land it's on? I've flown out of that airport at least once a year for 4 years now and when leaving the airport you always see "Welcome to Kentucky" signs coming out, and from my understanding it's because Ohio owns the airport, could be wrong though.

The airport is in Kentucky. The State of Ohio does not own or operate it. In fact, Ohio and Cincinnati originally fought hard to keep Lunken as the area airport:

http://www.cvgairpor...t/history2.html

The Kenton County Airport Board, pursuant to Kentucky state law, controls and runs the airport:

...The Kenton County Airport Board (the "Board") was created pursuant to a resolution of the Fiscal

Court of Kenton County, Kentucky adopted on June 3, 1943 and has jurisdiction, control,

possession and supervision of the Airport. Under the provisions of Chapter 183 of the Kentucky

Revised Statutes and by the terms of such resolution, the Board has been created and organized as a

public body politic and corporate.

The operations of the Airport are self-supporting and generate revenues from airport users to fund

all operating expenses and debt service requirements. Capital projects are funded through the

issuance of bonds, the collection of Passenger Facility Charges ("PFCs"), the collection of Customer

Facility Charges ("CFCs"), the receipt of federal and state grants and internally generated funds....

http://www.cvgairpor.../CVG%202009.pdf

Kentucky Truck Sales is a Freight Liner truck dealer......in Indiana.

Peterbilt of Louisville? That is in Indiana as well.

and Oktoberfest is in........ September.... (answered this out of chronological order. hope no one else had this pitiful joke.......)

AND, if you live in Liberty Twp, like me, the 2010 Fall Fest was in the Summer.

And yet...the Cincinnati international airport is in Kentucky, and many fliers never realize that....

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't the State of Ohio own the airport and the land it's on? I've flown out of that airport at least once a year for 4 years now and when leaving the airport you always see "Welcome to Kentucky" signs coming out, and from my understanding it's because Ohio owns the airport, could be wrong though.

I'm not going to swear to it- but I'm pretty sure that most airports welcome you to whatever state they're in upon exiting- because "usually" you're flying in from another state.

too bad for Indiana- they're the only ones in the OKI region not represented at the Airport.

Stupid Hoosiers.

Have you ever flown out of CVG or paid for a flight from out of there? If I was a hoosier, I wouldn't wanna be associated with that place either. :D

No wonder why there are so many advertisements for IND in Cincinnati.

That is a nice piece to read, and sums up my thoughts on the subject quite nicely. The target market for the project is very limited, and how do they expect to attract that much attendance when not even Holiday World has been able to attract 1.6 million visitors in a year, yet. I don`t think that this park will get off the ground. I see another instance of a Hard Rock Park.

As an aside, when I drive from my work in downtown Cincinnati, I actually drive INTO Kentucky, in order to get to my home in Anderson Township, a suburb in OHIO! Go figure that one out! (I take 471 to 275).

...and building expensive monuments to fairy tales sends a cracked and damaging message to the citizenry.

funny that no one has complained to disney about this. it amazes me that people like him have no set in stone evidence that their "theory" of how we came to be is true, yet they feel the need to bash all others who have opposing viewpoints.

too bad for Indiana- they're the only ones in the OKI region not represented at the Airport.

Stupid Hoosiers.

Have you ever flown out of CVG or paid for a flight from out of there? If I was a hoosier, I wouldn't wanna be associated with that place either. :D

No wonder why there are so many advertisements for IND in Cincinnati.

touche'

...and building expensive monuments to fairy tales sends a cracked and damaging message to the citizenry.

funny that no one has complained to disney about this. it amazes me that people like him have no set in stone evidence that their "theory" of how we came to be is true, yet they feel the need to bash all others who have opposing viewpoints.

the guy is a clown. I may be backwards on this- but i don't believe the premise of the taxable advantages are that they are issued money from the state. And I may be wrong on this, but isn't the benefit that they are "excused" from tax payment for a set amount of time? And I'm not going to delve into the religious end of the debate- but if he was a studied scientist and would venture over to the history side he would see thousands of historical records of people, places, and events that prove authenticity that aren't of Christian record, Jewish record, Islamic record, etc- they are of historical record.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Back when KECO and Taft owned Kings Island, they would actually announce attendance figures down to the single digits. Didn`t Cedar Fair used to do that too, before the Paramount acquisition? Holiday World still breaks out their attendance in this manner. But then again, many of the things that the Kochs and that park do, aren`t very typical.