Ark Bible Park In Kentucky?

Will there be a tent you can sleep in after you having adult beverages and after getting off the ark? Clothing and cursing your child are optional I hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a dry county.

Fair but I enjoy bringing up references to a part of the Noah story that makes me laugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Ohhhh yaaa cause they're a religious group. Ya that ain't right. And then I thought I heard they're building it under a for-profit organization.

Answers in Genesis is a non-profit organization. Same group that brought you the Creation Museum and the Bill Nye/Ken Ham showdown this past winter.

• Like 1

Meh to this whole idea. I'm sure people will have fun there but I probably won't make it there.

Kind of how I felt about the Creation Museum for a long time. Ended up going out of curiosity. Glad I went, but it's not exactly on my list of things to do again in the near future.
  • Like 3

Context: I've only been to the Creation Museum once. Though a Christian- just because it is a 'religious' attraction doesn't mean that I'm automatically attracted to it. I'm sort of lukewarm to it; it was a well-designed museum- but honestly, how many times can you visit a museum. I love the Cincinnati Museum center, but in my life have only been 2 (maybe 3 times). That said, the Creation Museum pays taxes- the guests visiting pay sales tax and does contribute to the local economy. Therefore, I have no issue with them receiving tax incentives to do business- though as an Ohio resident I have no horse in that race.

• Like 4

I've never been to the Creation museum, in fact I only just heard about it because of the Bill Nye / Ken Ham debate (which was pretty cool to watch).

According to the Ark Encounter website, in the FAQ section:

Why is the project so big, and why is a for-profit LLC going to own the Ark Encounter?

Because feasibility studies revealed that the Ark would attract 1.6 million guests in the first year—and potentially more in future years, the project was master planned to be much more than just the Ark alone to handle the anticipated crowds. Accordingly, eight additional biblically themed attractions planned in phases for the Ark Encounter complex.

Due to the size of the Ark Encounter project, a for-profit LLC structure was selected to be able to help raise the funds necessary to build it. We also desired to avoid financing the project through primarily debt financing. In addition, this large amount of funding would not have been probable solely through donations and boarding pass sales. The for-profit LLC structure allows for the primary funding to come from private equity, while at the same time ensuring that the control of the content, design, and operations of the Ark Encounter will be led by Crosswater Canyon, a wholly owned subsidiary of Answers in Genesis.

The for-profit LLC structure also allows the Ark Encounter to be eligible for various economic development incentives that would not have been available with a non-profit structure.

Here's that quote, stripped of all formatting (Comic Sans? Seriously?):

Why is the project so big, and why is a for-profit LLC going to own the Ark Encounter?

Because feasibility studies revealed that the Ark would attract 1.6 million guests in the first year—and potentially more in future years, the project was master planned to be much more than just the Ark alone to handle the anticipated crowds. Accordingly, eight additional biblically themed attractions planned in phases for the Ark Encounter complex.

Due to the size of the Ark Encounter project, a for-profit LLC structure was selected to be able to help raise the funds necessary to build it. We also desired to avoid financing the project through primarily debt financing. In addition, this large amount of funding would not have been probable solely through donations and boarding pass sales. The for-profit LLC structure allows for the primary funding to come from private equity, while at the same time ensuring that the control of the content, design, and operations of the Ark Encounter will be led by Crosswater Canyon, a wholly owned subsidiary of Answers in Genesis.

The for-profit LLC structure also allows the Ark Encounter to be eligible for various economic development incentives that would not have been available with a non-profit structure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well written. That said, over 2 million guests means the Creation Museum has contributed "hundreds of millions" to the local economy?

That does not compute:

* Many visitors will spend not a dime over admission, which is sometimes even free.

* Using just ONE hundred million, each guest contributed approximately $50 to the local economy?

Methinks the author exaggerates.

Methinks the author exaggerates.

Well it's not like the author has any bias now is it...he is only the CCO and co-founder of Answers in Genesis/Ark Encounter. LOL

I live just up the road from where it will be built...and if they succeed, this will be a great benefit to our local economy. On the other hand, I would classify myself as a liberal leaning agnostic. As you could imagine, I have conflicted feelings on the project. Would probably visit once though,,just to check it out.

• Like 3

Regarding the "hundreds of millions", maybe they are considering other things like:

1. Money paid to local contractors to build the museum

2. Utilities paid by the museum (their monthly power bill, water bill, etc.)

3. Income taxes paid by employes

4. Guests who theoretically came to the region for the museum but did other things too like Reds Games, Kings Island...

Still likely an exaggeration, but maybe if they round up maybe they can legitimately claim $200,000,000. Maybe.

I wish them well. It would be nice to see a new theme park succeed.

• Like 2

I'm all for this. I really want to check out the Creation Museum at least once in my life.

I laugh at all the comments about how it won't compete with Kings Island. From the sound of it, it's not supposed to. Totally different experience.

I'm all for this. I really want to check out the Creation Museum at least once in my life.

I laugh at all the comments about how it won't compete with Kings Island. From the sound of it, it's not supposed to. Totally different experience.

Like I said in a previous post. I went to the Creation Museum once. You've just gotta do it if you live close.

As it may hurt Kings Island in some ways, it'll also bring people to the area, which could help Kings Island. It's probably a balancing act.

• Like 1

Gays will not be welcomed aboard, even two by two, at the Ark Park:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/19/ark-encounter-gay-employees_n_5691874.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices

Thinking of what the protest Twitter accounts and Facebook pages names might be: ArkEnemy, DeciplesDisciplined, ArkBack, BilgePump, ShipOfFools, NoahOverboard, SlipperyKY, or who knows what else.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/19/ark-encounter-gay-employees_n_5691874.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices

Thinking of what the protest Twitter accounts and Facebook pages names might be: ArkEnemy, DeciplesDisciplined, ArkBack, BilgePump, ShipOfFools, NoahOverboard, SlipperyKY, or who knows what else.

Well looks like I won't be visiting this park. I'd rather not spend my money on admission to a place that wouldn't let me work there because of my sexual orientation.

I knew that you had to sign stuff saying you actually believe in creation to work at their museum. This was probably the same documentation. It was a matter of time until it came to the limelight. This could be a lot of trouble if they're looking for tax breaks.

I'm wondering how could they get a tax break with denying employment based on sexual orientation. Are they exempt from Non-Discrimination/Equal Employment Opportunity Policies?

I hope this really bites them in the butt.

Well looks like I won't be visiting this park. I'd rather not spend my money on admission to a place that wouldn't let me work there because of my sexual orientation.

I knew that you had to sign stuff saying you actually believe in creation to work at their museum. This was probably the same documentation. It was a matter of time until it came to the limelight. This could be a lot of trouble if they're looking for tax breaks.

I'm wondering how could they get a tax break with denying employment based on sexual orientation. Are they exempt from Non-Discrimination/Equal Employment Opportunity Policies?

I hope this really bites them in the butt.

In the Commonwealth of Kentucky and under current Federal law, sexual orientation is generally not a protected status. The law is different in the District of Columbia and many states.

There could, however, be other consequences of such a policy. And laws do change, sometimes very slowly, sometimes not at all. It was years after the Civil War before Brown v Topeka Board of Education. The Equal Rights Amendment never passed.

Terp, who is not engaged in the private practice of law in Kentucky, the District of Columbia or any United State. Consult a competent attorney in your jurisdiction if you have, or think you may have, a legal problem. This is a disclaimer. Unhappy with the law? Contact your legislators. Unhappy with your legislators? Get new ones.

• Like 4

I don't know all there is to know on the subject, but I do happen to know that non-profit Christian organizations have the right to refuse employment due to sexual orientation, as long as they don't accept federal government assistance. Meaning, your funds have to come from private donations.