What is this?

drewbari

I have found this picture of my Mom, on this ride at PKI, she was 13. It was taken in 1973, she thought it was Bavarian Bettle, but it is not. So what is this ride?If you want to see the picture, you can email, I.M., P.M. or you can just tell me here, and I will email, it to you.

Well I can't see the picture... don't feel like going through the trouble of email...

If it is definetly not Bavarian Beetle and is definetly from KI, then it could be the Tumble Bug which came from Coney Island. It had a train on a circular track with arms reaching to the center that moved the train around the circle. If it ain't that... I don't know.

After seeing the picture, I agree that it is Bayern Kurve. For some reason, I thought KI had a different name for it, but that's just my 30 year old mind playing tricks on me. I remember how well themed the ride was, complete with spectators around the back of the ride. In fact, as a preschooler, I actually thought those people were in line....

Yeah, I loved that ride. When it reached top speed, a loud horn would sound off. If I remember correctly, it went pretty fast. Bayern Curve should never have been taken out, just like some of the other flats that were good and are gone. Another example, the Rotor. Great fun and doesn't take up hardly any space. I like the newer flat rides that are out there like TR:TR and Delirium, but these were classsics and didn't need to flip you upside down to get the thrill.

Hey that pics from Kennywood Park!

Kennywood still has their Bayren Curve the horn quite working last year.

This is the second Bayren Curve the park has had the removed the first one back in the mid eighties and got the one they have now in the early 90s.They got it used.

When did Paramont remove theirs?

• 4 weeks later...

The B.B. was in O.F. I think the cars were getting stuck on the track. Before it came to PKI, it was at Coney Island as Galaxi, it Operated from 1970 to 9/6/1971, then it came to PKI, and Operated from 1972 to 1979. They showed the Roter on the Brady Bunch show.

The Kurve is indeed the name KI used for the ride... Germantown/Oktoberfest was the home of some cool little rides at one point.. Rotor; Der Spinning Kegels; Bavarian Beetle...

And my first (of way too many) experiences with Sauerkraut and Bratwurst occurred at the restaurant in the current shadow of the Viking Fury...

But this brings up a very controversial point... Bayern Kurve...

-a-Runs on rails, and

-b-in part, is powered by gravity...

Therefore, it is a coaster...

Adjust your credits accordingly.