Vortex Sinking

KILateNighter

Yes! And by May, both loops will be totally underground and underwater - not to mention haunted too - by the same ghosts that haunt The Beast.

NOT!!!!

This is about the umteenth thread of this topic - please check your search option.

And welcome to KIC, where you're bound to hear this question come up again at least twice more before next season begins!

Yes! And by May, both loops will be totally underground and underwater - not to mention haunted too - by the same ghosts that haunt The Beast.

NOT!!!!

This is about the umteenth thread of this topic - please check your search option.

And welcome to KIC, where you're bound to hear this question come up again at least twice more before next season begins!

Thanks, and Then what is making it so rough now days, old age?

Firehawkboy, mods are the only ones that can stop a thread.

I'm pretty sure that The Vortex is sinking roughly by .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000009 cm. Haha!

As Hank said, make sure you search a bit before you post a topic that is like this, and should typically search before any topic..but certainly on rumors...no need to have 2340 Vortex sinking rumor topics.

• 2 months later...

I remembered last night that the first time I ever went to KI the ET operator told us that The Bat was closed because it was sinking. I wonder if that... explination is what started the whole Vortex sinking rumor. Same spot, human's have poor memory. Adds up to me.

When I went in 07' the ET ride op told me that SOB would not be running today and quickly switched the subject. While he was trying to make it sound like it was just down for the day it was more honest than the obvious Bat lie.

There are structural engineers for a reason. They design the foundations to match the soil conditions at the site. Yes, some things may settle a little bit after built, especially if they are built on shallow spread footings. But most coasters` foundations go deeper into the ground if not to bedrock. And some places, like in Pigeon Forge, they do not have to dig very far to get down to bedrock!

But it is amazing how quickly and widely popular some of these sinking rumors turn out to be with the general public!

Actually, most of this traces back to a long time rumor (that about drove Janice Witherow-Litke berserk) about Magnum XL-200 being removed due to the alleged fact that it was sinking (it was not and it was not).

The Magnum rumor may have been more widespread/prevalent, but I can state with certainty that it was a common rumor at KI during the early/mid 80's that the problems with The Bat (downtime, closing, removal) were related to it sinking.

Actually, most of this traces back to a long time rumor (that about drove Janice Witherow-Litke berserk) about Magnum XL-200 being removed due to the alleged fact that it was sinking (it was not and it was not).

*I believe* the Magnum sinking rumor started on a CP enthusiast site on April Fools Day many years ago.

The rumor (or sinkhole) has grown so large now, it encompasses many coasters.

May I ask a little question? Why is everyone picking on them for posting a topic about the "Vortex sinking"? Yes it is a repeat topic, but I did try one day to post a topic on KIC, and by no fault of my own, I accidentally repeated a topic myself. By the way, about every few days I see the KIC forums asking the same old boring topic about Son of Beast. That is like beating a dead horse (or coaster)

It seems like, "Just one more SOB question" NO, I do not believe Kings Island is gonna spend a lot of money trying to open this coaster. This is just my opinion. So please go easy on the innocent people who "ACCIDENTALLY" repeat a topic question.

When King Cobra was removed I was told by someone in the park, (non park employee) that it was because it was sinking. Not being an enthusiast at the time, I did not question it. I did question how they could build Delirium in that same area if that area was not a good place for a coaster. No one had an answer for that.

Since this seemed like a logical answer, I can see how these rumors gets started. It is not hard for people to take these rumors as fact and tell someone else in the next queue.