Vortex Sinking

KILateNighter

This topic is done as we all know, but maybe we can have a topic on who here thinks they know it all and feel good about smashing everyone else who writes something. I mean really Browntggrr, I read all kinds of remarks and comments and enjoy them for what they are worth. Is it so necessary to play king of the hill all the time, push those less informed down and laugh at their lack of knowledge? Last I saw this site has over 4000 people on it and all are as curious and giddy about getting the scoop or the inside goings on. That is why this exists, letting people share and have fun, just chill a bit why don't you. As for the topic itself, I have nothing to add and feel really comfortable that I will not sink while riding Vortex, so lets move on. Thanks guys and Terp this site gets me by when I can't be at KI. Thanks

This topic is done as we all know, but maybe we can have a topic on who here thinks they know it all and feel good about smashing everyone else who writes something. I mean really Browntggrr, I read all kinds of remarks and comments and enjoy them for what they are worth. Is it so necessary to play king of the hill all the time, push those less informed down and laugh at their lack of knowledge? Last I saw this site has over 4000 people on it and all are as curious and giddy about getting the scoop or the inside goings on. That is why this exists, letting people share and have fun, just chill a bit why don't you. As for the topic itself, I have nothing to add and feel really comfortable that I will not sink while riding Vortex, so lets move on. Thanks guys and Terp this site gets me by when I can't be at KI. Thanks

Wow... It is really amazing on how things can be COMPLETELY taken out of context.

Can I possibly buy you a coffee Timbo?

Thank you very much. I posted pretty much the same thing, not to put down someone about repeating a topic. I made the same mistake myself(so what?) I also stated about every few days the topic about SOB pops up. This is a dead issue for now. I will wait to hear from KI, to see what will happen next.

• 1 month later...

I know Vortex isn't sinking, but I do get nervous about it. The last few times I've been to the park, I've heard things like "Vortex sucks!" or "They should replace that one with something better." in walking past other parkgoers.

This kind of makes me nervous that Vortex's shelf life may be shorter than we want. I know they're not really in a monetary position to do a drastic removal of it and replace it in one season (they've got plenty enough of that left to do with SoB, likely) but it does make me wonder. It's not the tallest, longest, or the fastest, but for my money, its probably the most solidly fun ride in the park.

Something else I'd noticed is that only until they pulled all the SoB merchandise, they didn't have a whole lot devoted to Vortex. For example... the set of four shot glasses (Firehawk, Beast, Diamondback, Son of Beast) now features a Vortex glass instead of Son of Beast. Before that, Vortex stuff wasn't being pushed very much at all.

Plus, isn't Arrow out of business now? Is someone else making replacement parts and so forth for the track and trains? if this has been discussed before, my apologies. Just came to mind when I saw the thread.

Guest PizzaBaby027

Now I already knew this answer, but I did ask my good friend who is the operation manager of the park about this and told him about this posts in the past. He simply said, the structure is on concrete, it won't sink, also asked the head of maintance, he said that the claim was absurd.

I just got off the phone with Mikey the Cereal Kid. He says that if you believe Vortex is sinking, you need to eat some Pop Rocks and guzzle a Coke.

--Beatle, who may be one of the few people old enough to know what that means....

Nah, some people need to get a life....

Terp, not being mean (and one of those few people...)

Guest rcfreak339

http_seoulbeats_com_2009_12_seriously_guys_this_is_getting_old__15122009041847.jpg

My daughter did a science project for school with the pop rocks. The most fizz she got out of the candy was when she put it in iced tea. You had to look really hard to see anything happening, but that was the extent of "excitement" generated by her experiment.

Shoujld I say.....it fizzled out?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I work at KI (KAS FG) and hear a lot of rumors--eventually you learn to take them with a grain of salt.

The Vortex Sinking rumor was going around around midsummer, funny that its just now showing up among guests (you).

KI upper management does not communicate effectively with employees and concessionaires, people overhead bits of their supervisor's gossip, which in turn is based off of manager's private communications.

Everybody's got it wrong - when they tried to drop WindSeeker while it was spinning 30 mph at the top, it made the center column sink. Why does everyone insist it's Vortex?

(of course, neither is sinking - but it makes for yet another great rumor!)