Flight of Fear "Bowl"?

Snowman

Since joining here I've read a few references to FOF's "bowl", such as old coaster cars and a mechanical band's guts being stored in the "Bowl". I'm not sure what you all are talking about. Is it the center of the main floor? Can these things be seen during the ride?

Or is the bowl on the other side of the space ship?:P

I guess the full name would be the spaghetti bowl. It's a loosely used coaster term just talking about track that's all intertwined on itself. In other words, everything after the launch looks like a bowl of spaghetti.

There's extra room in the building so they store stuff in there

Here's Poltergeist, an outside version

p1769.jpg

That's some tasty spaghetti... w/ no MCBR

Wow, I had no Idea FOF was that intricate!

So do the KI elves store stuff only in the center of the floor? Or is there also stuff stored along the walls? What all is in there? (Apologies for all the questions, I'm just fascinated by this.)

I'll look more carefully next ride.

All I want for Christmas is OPENING DAY!!!!!

Poltergeist is at 6 Flags Fiesta Texas.

I've seen stuff stored along the walls of FOF but don;t remember seeing anything in the middle.

The biggest thing I've seen in there was a train from King Cobra... though those trains are now at KD for parts for Shockwave.

I kinda remember seeing some random stuff in there like props and parts but idk what all is or has been in there. Try searching cuz I know there was a thread with people talking about King Cobra's trains being in there.

Wow, I had no Idea FOF was that intricate!

So do the KI elves store stuff only in the center of the floor? Or is there also stuff stored along the walls? What all is in there? (Apologies for all the questions, I'm just fascinated by this.)

I'll look more carefully next ride.

All I want for Christmas is OPENING DAY!!!!!

There has been six different LIM bowls all with the same ride profile.

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=8384

I guess the full name would be the spaghetti bowl. It's a loosely used coaster term just talking about track that's all intertwined on itself. In other words, everything after the launch looks like a bowl of spaghetti.

There's extra room in the building so they store stuff in there

Here's Poltergeist, an outside version

p1769.jpg

That's some tasty spaghetti... w/ no MCBR

I don't see much room for storage in the middle of that bowl!

Kings Dominion's Flight of Fear mentions 60 mph.

http://kingsdominion.com/attractions/detail.cfm?ai_id=450

Also on what seems to be the long forgotten Ride Warriors Nation website.

http://ridewarriornation.com/rideCards/

(I don't think it's a direct link, but if you sort the ride cards by speed Kings Dominion's Flight of Fear can be found on the second page with a claimed top speed of 60, while Kings Island's Flight of Fear is listed on the third page with the true top speed of 54 mph.

I wonder why Kings Dominion throws around the the 60 mph figure, I'm guessing because it sounds a lot faster, while Kings Island sticks to saying the true top speed. It's interesting though.

That site also says 50 feet, but I've seen reports for 72 and 74 feet.... Why does everyone report different stats?

I suppose it's difficult on a roller coaster like Flight of Fear to measure a "height." After all, there isn't a concrete drop in the traditional sense. Even launched coasters like Maverick, Wicked Twister, and Top Thrill Dragster have very clear drops, but with Flight of Fear, it's sort of difficult. Is the "drop" from the topmost part of the first inversion to the ground? Or maybe it's the sidewinder? Or maybe it doesn't matter at all...

And what is a wood coaster? And what is a steel coaster? And what is a gigacoaster? A stratacoaster? A hybrid? And other than enthusiasts, who cares? The industry cares about "what is a reliable coaster?" What is an economical coaster? What coaster satisfies my guests? What coaster will do so best over time? What coaster is easiest to maintain? What coaster can be built at my site in my footprint I have available? Is a coaster even my best choice right now or should I seek other options? And even, what company has people I want to deal with and like?