Glee Mentioned KI again

KILateNighter

Well KI was mentioned again last night on Glee and even KI even twittered it to reinforce it. Whats Up with this? Is KI/CF paying Fox/Glee to do this? or are they hinting something?

I'm not fore sure. Me thinks that Glee could me making an episode this upcoming season at KI.....especially since KI even twitted about this. It is kinda suspicious if you ask me.

There was a topic on CoasterBuzz a few months back about "Kings Island" being one of the fastest-growing Google searches at the beginning of the summer. While some attributed it to the fact that the website name had been changed, I have a hard time believing people from greater Cincinnati searching for the KI website could create even a ripple in Google's ocean of searches. If however, the park happened to be mentioned on a wildly popular national (multi-national?) television show, coupled with the name change, I can imagine "Kings Island" having a larger share of Google requests.

Whether the Glee references have an effect on Kings Island searches or not, I think the park could certainly benefit from contacting the powers-that-be at Fox and working on some kind of visit, episode taping, or concert series. That being said, given the insane popularity of Glee, I wouldn't be surprised if the park ran into a situation similar to the rumored Nickelodeon one- the potential benefits from the brand are huge, but the associated costs are even higher. Either way, I sure hope someone at the park is looking into this. Free advertising (however small it may be) on a popular nationwide television show can't hurt, and neither can a little synergy between the show and the park.

The first time Glee mentioned KI, I did a little research on Google Maps, which I've now done again. Glee is set in Lima OH. If you ask for driving directions from Lima OH to KI, the fastest route is 108 miles, or 2 hours and 6 minutes drive. From Lima to Cedar Point, it's 111 miles, or 2 hours and 13 minutes drive. Therefore, KI has a slight advantage and is clearly the Gleeks home park! :D

They can film at Knott's and just say they're at KI (and digitally edit in an Eiffel Tower here, a WindSeeker there, and just put up some KI signage to block out palm trees;) ). It would save a load on travel expenses.

Or, they could go to the Grand Canyon, Hawaii, or even... I dunno.

Knotts is getting a WindSeeker.

Guest PizzaBaby027

Glee is my all time fav show in the world, The reason they mention KI so much is because the Producer, Ryan Murphy,

of the show grew up in Indianapolis, Indiana,, he often visited Kings Island as a child and so he likes to mention the park, also it gives the show more of a realistic setting.

I firmly believe Glee will shoot an episode next season at Kings Island. There is truly no reason for Glee to continually mention KI, unless they are planning something. Plus it makes me so ecstatic that it is Kings Island, not Cedar Point receiving the attention from the show. Cedar Fair clearly thinks of Cedar Point as the best park, and I think it is time for Kings Island to be recognized on an equal scale compared to it. Not trying to sound like a fanboy, but KI IS NUMBER 1!!!!!!

ha while they may save money on travel expences the editing and digitial reatouh they would have to add to put in a Effil Tower would be equally or even more than just coming from Cali to Cinci....

They could just splice in some "establishing shots" of familiar KI scenery between Cali shots, and no one ('cept us) would be the wiser. Plus, chroma-key work is far cheaper than CGI.

B)

Guest PizzaBaby027

I firmly believe Glee will shoot an episode next season at Kings Island. There is truly no reason for Glee to continually mention KI, unless they are planning something. Plus it makes me so ecstatic that it is Kings Island, not Cedar Point receiving the attention from the show. Cedar Fair clearly thinks of Cedar Point as the best park, and I think it is time for Kings Island to be recognized on an equal scale compared to it. Not trying to sound like a fanboy, but KI IS NUMBER 1!!!!!!

Cedar Fair has nothing at all to do with Glee, the Producer Ryan Murphy grew up going to KI as a kid, so he likes to mention it and it makes it more realistic, they also have mentioned the reds, I don't believe they will shoot an episode at Great American Ball park, they have also mentioned Cincinnati. It makes the show's setting more realistic and not just a chosen setting. Really end of story!

@PizzaBaby027 I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the idea of Glee shooting an episode there. And yes I realize they mention Cincinnati things to make the setting seem more realistic, and that Cedar Fair as nothing to do with it. Considering the fact it has been mentioned before on the show of people in the cast singing there, I wouldn't doubt the possibility of them having a "competition" of some sort there for an episode. If the producer is fond of KI, then he may push for an episode.

Does it rule out any possibility of them shooting an episode at Kroger (or Ralph's masquerading as Kroger)?

But that would be a lot easier than shooting it at KBF and edit it to look like KI to the average viewer (especially since people in tri-state area would likely notice that it's not KI, and people in SoCal would likely recognize it as KBF).

what exactly are you trying to prove Diamondback96? Kings Island very well could be featured on glee on day. after all, the brady bunch wasn't filmed close to Kings Island, yet they still filmed an episode there.

and your comparison makes no sense to me, they haven't/ most likely won't film at a krogers, so they won't film at Kings Island? that truly doesn't mean anything. Kings Island is a destination amusement park, krogers is a grocery store.

what exactly are you trying to prove Diamondback96? Kings Island very well could be featured on glee on day. after all, the brady bunch wasn't filmed close to Kings Island, yet they still filmed an episode there.

and your comparison makes no sense to me, they haven't/ most likely won't film at a krogers, so they won't film at Kings Island? that truly doesn't mean anything. Kings Island is a destination amusement park, krogers is a grocery store.

I was actually just saying that to say it. I don't even watch Glee, so I don't really care if KI is on it but it would be nice for the park.