Glee Mentioned KI again

KILateNighter

No, but people still base entire vacations around Cedar Point. They have an onsite hotel and several off site hotels, things like a beach, mini golf, a marina, campgrounds, a resort, not to mention national name recognition. To say it's not a destination spot would be a stretch, imo.

But for the marina and beach, Kings Island at one time or another had all of these things (and it only doesn't have those two for very obvious geographical reasons).

No, I don't think Kings Island is a destination, and no I don't think it's got anywhere near the name recognition that Cedar Point has. My only intent is to humorously point out that we have had many, many things in our past including a resort (both in the Kings Island Resort and, in a different way, Great Wolf Lodge), a campground, off-site hotel partners, and that golf course that used to be featured in most Kings Island print ads as a companion to the amusement park.

Partners? The resort at one time belonged to Kings Island. The golf course belonged to the company that owned Kings Island. Thank Carl Lindner for the fact they do not now...if thank is the right word....

CBS owned an interest in the Mason Great Wolf Lodge, which was built where the campground was. Cedar Fair chose not to buy that interest.

Sigh.

Lets be real for moment and pretend they would shoot an episode centered around KI (which they probably wont but w.e) They could shoot at any park and call it KI. They dont have to edit out anything. KI wouldnt be the star of the show, it would be a backdrop a set piece. You wont have the cast of GLEE running around the park, ala the bradys (which probably had more to do with the parent company than the show itself).... but back to the point. if they would shoot a show at "KI" it probably wouldnt even resemble our park, because to be honest, outside of the tristate no one would notice. Plus there has to be better looking parks to shoot at?

...except, except, except.

Kings Island's name and trade dress are what is called intellectual property. If they show somewhere else and call it Kings Island, when it is not, unless done with the express consent of Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, the producers leave themselves wide open for legal action against them by FUN. The theory being that that would denigrate the reputation and trademarks of Kings Island and Cedar Fair Entertainment Company...

I was reading an article by TV critic Matt Roush on tvguide.com (http://www.tvguide.com/News/Matts-TV-Week-1026632.aspx) and saw this:

Would have liked to have been more blown away by Glee's Christmas episode, a scattershot package of snark and forced sentiment if there ever was one. But there were pleasures to be had: Kurt and Blaine's charmingly old-school rendition of "Baby, It's Cold Outside," which made me wish they'd just abandoned the "book" of the musical this week and gone with a full-out variety-show approach, maybe at Kings Island (flashback to my youth)